Announcement Regarding Alpha Closure/Beta Release Date

Well l'm sure everyone is excited that we even have an opportunity to be able to play a game we all loved and like me thought it was lost for ever. But it isn't. I thank everyone that is working so hard in bring beta to us and for ever long it takes for beta to get up and running I don't mind the wait I've waiting this long on being able to get back to pirates I can wait a little longer
:thumbsup::cool:

Hey everyone!

I've seen a little bit of confusion in some of the threads on the forums and wanted to clear that up here in one blog post.

First off, as you may know The Legend of Pirates Online will be closing down Alpha on September 19th, 2016. But what exactly does that mean? -- Ever since TLOPO started, we haven't been in a full release. Rather, we've been in a testing stage known as "Alpha." This means that the game was early in development and the core parts of it were still being created. We've finally got the major core components of the game to a point where we're comfortable releasing them, which is a vastly greater amount of content. Considering all the new features, we're going to be moving the game into the "Beta" stage.

First off, what's different? Beta will be containing everything Alpha has, along with land/sea enemies, questing, and much more (we don't want to spoil all of the opening surprises yet). Due to the drastic changes we have made, we need to start out with a fresh slate. All Pirates on Alpha are going to get wiped, Beta will be starting off with a fresh slate (and are permanent). To clarify, accounts are not going to get wiped -- pirates are.

When you log into Beta for the first time, you will login with the same username and password as Alpha. All Alpha keys that have been redeemed will be able to be used as a Beta key.

Lastly, September 19th is NOT the release date of Beta. September 19th is the date that TLOPO is going to be closing down Alpha and begin the server-sided preparations for Beta. We don't want to be down for too long, and promise that the time in-between Alpha-Beta is kept at a minimum. But don't worry, we're going to be updating the blog regularly to keep you all engaged with all sorts of goodies. Stay tuned for those!

I hope this thread has cleared up some of the confusion, we're going to be making a FAQ very soon which'll help clear up some more questions you might have! I'll add the FAQ's link to this post when it's available!

Michael

When will there be more alpha or beta keys!! There hasn't been a contest in a while! Granted it is a gamble to actually get one but it stills seem like forever...

Once beta is released, will we still need to make a reservation if we don't have a key? (I think the answer is "yes you dummy" but I'm just double checking.)

EDIT: never mind, just found out that the anwser IS "yes you dummy" after all

Once beta is released, will we still need to make a reservation if we don't have a key? (I think the answer is "yes you dummy" but I'm just double checking.)

EDIT: never mind, just found out that the anwser IS "yes you dummy" after all
At the beginning you are correct, eventually keys and play times will no longer be needed

At the beginning you are correct, eventually keys and play times will no longer be needed

I figured as much, but the question is how long will it take? A month? A year? 2 years? a halthreum*?

*a halthreum is short for HAlfLifeTHreeREleasedUM, and is equal to roughly 3.3346x10^10520 years

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured as much, but the question is how long will it take? A month? A year? 2 years? a halthreum*?

*a halthreum is short for HAlfLifeTHreeREleasedUM, and is equal to roughly 3.3346x10^10520 years
Could be anytime. Whenever the servers are optimized, and stable enough to handle 30,000+ people at once.

So wait, what are beta keys for? I thought beta was going to be open for public or something. Or do we have to reserve times again and beta keys allow full time access???

Either way I'm insanely hyped! I've been waiting for this moment for years and now my all time favorite game has come out again ;)

So wait, what are beta keys for? I thought beta was going to be open for public or something. Or do we have to reserve times again and beta keys allow full time access???
When beta first launches, it will be utilizing the same system used during alpha. Beta keys will allow unrestricted access during that time. Eventually, beta will be opened to the public once the team feels they are ready to take that step.

See the Beta FAQ if you have further questions. :)

I think with the new POTCO movie coming up next year, it's already in production per two friends who are helping with the movie...that TLOPO will see a major boom in player participation. Then, things get bigger and more real with this game.

Back