Announcement Regarding Alpha Closure/Beta Release Date

I think with the new POTCO movie coming up next year, it's already in production per two friends who are helping with the movie...that TLOPO will see a major boom in player participation. Then, things get bigger and more real with this game.
That's an interesting observation. I hope you're right. However, TLOPO isn't endorsed by Disney and there are some people like me whom feel the unwanted attention from the promotion of the brand/the film itself might not possibly work to everyone's advantage (whom hope to play a full-release version of POTCO again). However, time will only tell I guess and it doesn't serve myself well, anymore, to try to drive home that point.

That's pretty cool that you know a few people whom are helping with the production of the film.
;) Also, patience is the virtue for those of you waiting for the Beta phase. As just as a reminder, everyone has waited this long already so....no need now to start tapping our toes and fingers.

Can't wait for Beta to begin, but please don't rush too fast just make sure all is ready first!

Thanks mates for all you've done so far and remember "A calm sea never made a good sailor"!

Keep up all of the good hard work you've put in to getting this game up and running!!!

A quick question about beta. Will all the quests be added at once when beta is released or with some and then start adding more and more? Now that I think about it, it isn't such a quick question.... :p

A quick question about beta. Will all the quests be added at once when beta is released or with some and then start adding more and more? Now that I think about it, it isn't such a quick question.... :p

According to the Beta FAQs, they've stated that all quests and enemies and most, if not all, features like Cannon Defense will be added. Hope this helps :)

On some features there are only small bugs remaining. On others, large chunks need rewriting. We're getting a lot done each day. Not all of it is stuff we can talk publicly about. Some is not very exciting (for instance, fixing Disney grammar hahaha). We do share when we can in the development digest in another thread. :)

Chris

waiting for tlopo.jpg
I'm not joking.

I know, just I... am not very patient when it comes to things like this. Especially when it's video games.
Like some video games, you wouldn't know if it's in production until they have a large chuck of progress complete and out of the way. We decided to let the community know what's going on and allow them to follow us on our journey as they also make their own. It really differs depending on how you look at it.

Like some video games, you wouldn't know if it's in production until they have a large chuck of progress complete and out of the way. We decided to let the community know what's going on and allow them to follow us on our journey as they also make their own. It really differs depending on how you look at it.
I never really thought of it that way.

Welp, see you in 2 months. *Goes to cryogenic freezer that I don't actually have*
Oh wait, I don't have a cryogenic freezer... *Facepalm*

September 19. That's quite an infamous day for Pirates. Talk like a pirate day and also the day the original game shut down.

September 19. That's quite an infamous day for Pirates. Talk like a pirate day and also the day the original game shut down.
Yes, yes it is. Also, do you happen to have a cryogenic freezer that I can borrow to freeze myself in for two months while I wait for the development of this game to excel?

Welp, see you in 2 months. *Goes to cryogenic freezer that I don't actually have*
Oh wait, I don't have a cryogenic freezer... *Facepalm*
To pass the time I would suggest meeting people in the IRC, make some friends that you can play with. Make sure to join in on the contests for a key as well.

Back