Announcement Regarding Alpha Closure/Beta Release Date

there is no date so dont hope for it to realse on ocb 31
You can hope all you want mate! :p, it's a part of the freedom we pirates have aye?! October 31st would be awesome and I also predict they will come out with beta on this day if not sooner, either way just remember like many have said the longer the wait, the better the late, for much progress goes into quality over trying to jumble quantity of a bunch of things that don't operate together well. Stay savvy mate!

You can hope all you want mate! :p, it's a part of the freedom we pirates have aye?! October 31st would be awesome and I also predict they will come out with beta on this day if not sooner, either way just remember like many have said the longer the wait, the better the late, for much progress goes into quality over trying to jumble quantity of a bunch of things that don't operate together well. Stay savvy mate!

Couldn't agree more, setting sail again on the 31st would be awesome, it's a reasonable date to expect as well. :cheers:

Apologies if this has been covered, but how does one go about getting these beta keys? I never played the alpha, so no key there. Just wondered how I can play the beta, as and when it launches?

Apologies if this has been covered, but how does one go about getting these beta keys? I never played the alpha, so no key there. Just wondered how I can play the beta, as and when it launches?
Keys are won thru contests. Just keep an eye on tlopo.com to see when contests are announced.

When Beta launches, you can play by having a Key, or by scheduling a Playtime. Read this thread for more info - https://piratesforums.co/threads/playtimes-q-a.12359/.

Hey everyone!

I've seen a little bit of confusion in some of the threads on the forums and wanted to clear that up here in one blog post.

First off, as you may know The Legend of Pirates Online will be closing down Alpha on September 19th, 2016. But what exactly does that mean? -- Ever since TLOPO started, we haven't been in a full release. Rather, we've been in a testing stage known as "Alpha." This means that the game was early in development and the core parts of it were still being created. We've finally got the major core components of the game to a point where we're comfortable releasing them, which is a vastly greater amount of content. Considering all the new features, we're going to be moving the game into the "Beta" stage.

First off, what's different? Beta will be containing everything Alpha has, along with land/sea enemies, questing, and much more (we don't want to spoil all of the opening surprises yet). Due to the drastic changes we have made, we need to start out with a fresh slate. All Pirates on Alpha are going to get wiped, Beta will be starting off with a fresh slate (and are permanent). To clarify, accounts are not going to get wiped -- pirates are.

When you log into Beta for the first time, you will login with the same username and password as Alpha. All Alpha keys that have been redeemed will be able to be used as a Beta key.

Lastly, September 19th is NOT the release date of Beta. September 19th is the date that TLOPO is going to be closing down Alpha and begin the server-sided preparations for Beta. We don't want to be down for too long, and promise that the time in-between Alpha-Beta is kept at a minimum. But don't worry, we're going to be updating the blog regularly to keep you all engaged with all sorts of goodies. Stay tuned for those!

I hope this thread has cleared up some of the confusion, we're going to be making a FAQ very soon which'll help clear up some more questions you might have! I'll add the FAQ's link to this post when it's available!

Michael
When will Beta come lol i literally cant wait

would you guys possibly be able to throw a number out there on how long it will be. just any umber at all so we know balll park of what we are looking at. or even a little guestimate.

would you guys possibly be able to throw a number out there on how long it will be. just any umber at all so we know balll park of what we are looking at. or even a little guestimate.
I'm afraid not. Beta release isn't based upon a date or time. It's based upon a list of things that we need to finish. Bugs and other such things are much too unpredictable to toss a date out. Not being able to release before even a ballpark date would be extremely disappointing.

I'm afraid not. Beta release isn't based upon a date or time. It's based upon a list of things that we need to finish. Bugs and other such things are much too unpredictable to toss a date out. Not being able to release before even a ballpark date would be extremely disappointing.
I agree completely but with how Mike had previously stated that this is the stage of beta, not full release I realize the agenda is to release beta with full features with minimum bugs as possible, but of course in beta we will find several bugs, glitches, and improvememts to be made don't get me wrong the reason I'm posting this is because I'm not looking for an eta from you, honestly I'd enjoy to be suprised, and as for me its obvious that you guys will release most likely, by the way this is just my prediction, either days, weeks, or months, and a couple of weeks was my guess previously, but now its starting to look more like days until beta, so like I know there is no eta you can always respond to hype the fans by saying something along these lines though, " The best possibility is beta coming out within a couple weeks, worst possibility is a couple months, of course anything can happen to prevent it from being around Christmas time, such as encountering a huge bug. " Anyhow, you do whatever you want your the best customer service staff member, for anything I've ever met. Stay savvy mate! Can't wait to see all you guys in the game fighting the Navy and undead.

Back