1. Hey, Guest! Tune into the 9th Developer Stream this Saturday, April 29, at 8PM EDT! Read more...

Announcement Regarding Alpha Closure/Beta Release Date

Discussion in 'TLOPO News and Updates' started by Mike Wass, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Garrick

Garrick Pirate

You can hope all you want mate! :p, it's a part of the freedom we pirates have aye?! October 31st would be awesome and I also predict they will come out with beta on this day if not sooner, either way just remember like many have said the longer the wait, the better the late, for much progress goes into quality over trying to jumble quantity of a bunch of things that don't operate together well. Stay savvy mate!

2. AceOfThieves

AceOfThieves Wanted Pirate

Couldn't agree more, setting sail again on the 31st would be awesome, it's a reasonable date to expect as well. :cheers:

Glamdring likes this.
  3. CaptAntVan27

CaptAntVan27 Sea Legs

Apologies if this has been covered, but how does one go about getting these beta keys? I never played the alpha, so no key there. Just wondered how I can play the beta, as and when it launches?

Glamdring likes this.
  4. Cheysa Finn

Wiki Staff

Keys are won thru contests. Just keep an eye on piratesonline.co to see when contests are announced.

When Beta launches, you can play by having a Key, or by scheduling a Playtime. Read this thread for more info - https://piratesforums.co/threads/playtimes-q-a.12359/.

5. KidCaveman17

KidCaveman17 Sea Legs

When will Beta come lol i literally cant wait

6. Roger_ Gunshot

Roger_ Gunshot Notorious Pirate

Currently there are no dates for any release. However the devs are working on getting all the bugs worked out as soon as they can.

7. AdamHB

AdamHB Sea Legs

Can we at least get another soon™?

8. Pokepal515

Pokepal515 Buccaneer

The day Beta comes out is going to be the day I'm away from my computer, I swear.
    Still hyped for it, though.

9. !Jacob!

!Jacob! Swashbuckler

people with beta keys can/are they playing right now

10. Cheysa Finn

Wiki Staff

No, TLOPO is completely closed.

11. !Jacob!

!Jacob! Swashbuckler

ok ty

Cheysa Finn likes this.
  12. miafff453445

miafff453445 Pirate Apprentice

to add on only people with qua access also known as dev server can access the game right now

13. !Jacob!

!Jacob! Swashbuckler

Ok ty for the help cant wait to see all of u in game we should meet up and play

14. navy3001

navy3001 Wanted Pirate

they are!? but i have a beta key and every time i hit play is says error 505 tlopo is closed to prepair for beta! i must be doing somthing wrong

15. Cheysa Finn

Wiki Staff

Jacob was asking a question, not stating a fact :) TLOPO is completely closed right now.

Solomon Helmfitte likes this.
  16. Solomon Helmfitte

Solomon Helmfitte Wanted Pirate

He, he, he... Ohhh the anticipation and confusion:D
    :pirate ship:

17. Annah6818

Annah6818 Honorable Pirate

I hope ir releases on christmas so its like a big present. Or on new years at 12am so its like New Beginnings

Solomon Helmfitte likes this.
  18. soulz

soulz Sea Legs

would you guys possibly be able to throw a number out there on how long it will be. just any umber at all so we know balll park of what we are looking at. or even a little guestimate.

19. Cheysa Finn

Wiki Staff

I'm afraid not. Beta release isn't based upon a date or time. It's based upon a list of things that we need to finish. Bugs and other such things are much too unpredictable to toss a date out. Not being able to release before even a ballpark date would be extremely disappointing.

20. Garrick

Garrick Pirate

I agree completely but with how Mike had previously stated that this is the stage of beta, not full release I realize the agenda is to release beta with full features with minimum bugs as possible, but of course in beta we will find several bugs, glitches, and improvememts to be made don't get me wrong the reason I'm posting this is because I'm not looking for an eta from you, honestly I'd enjoy to be suprised, and as for me its obvious that you guys will release most likely, by the way this is just my prediction, either days, weeks, or months, and a couple of weeks was my guess previously, but now its starting to look more like days until beta, so like I know there is no eta you can always respond to hype the fans by saying something along these lines though, " The best possibility is beta coming out within a couple weeks, worst possibility is a couple months, of course anything can happen to prevent it from being around Christmas time, such as encountering a huge bug. " Anyhow, you do whatever you want your the best customer service staff member, for anything I've ever met. Stay savvy mate! Can't wait to see all you guys in the game fighting the Navy and undead.

Solomon Helmfitte and Panos_1112 like this.