Registration/unregistration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, by using the site we are sure to comply with local laws and federal laws, but we are not required to comply with laws from other countries. I think that would make it a huge mess, imagine having to comply with laws from Iran and Pakistan.. However we do consider individual requests, and if it sounds reasonable I don't see why not.

Also by using the site, you are adhered binded to laws where the site resides not laws from the country the visitor comes from. Unless your local laws "order" you not to search sites from other countries, you are not doing anything illegal. As far as I am concerned only North Korea has laws like that, not sure though.

But as Davy mentioned, we don't plan on adding an "automated" way of deleting an account. As it would not only affects you, it would effect the alot of people who have posted there also. And it affects the site a whole. If you started a thread, if it has like 100 reply, if it was to be deleted it would delete the other 100 reply as well.

It is like building a house, and you remove a peace of wall, the roof might fall over it. Who would want to buy that house?, we have a responsibility to that member who for whatever reason decides to remove his/her account, but most importantly we have a responsibility to oversee the safety and well being of our members and the community as a whole.

Some sites decide to have an ability for people to delete their account, for their own convenience or because they think it is necessary for their specific audience, not because they have to.

While Disney Pirates Online gives you the ability to "unsubscribe" to a paid service, they don't give you the ability to delete your account on their site.

Alright then.

But then it would be polite to have that message written in the terms, so you are aware of that before registration.

over and out!

Thanks for the feedback,

We do have the terms policy shown at registration, and has a check mark on it.

We have been updating our rules, and regulations the last few days, and here is a thread of the latest changes:

https://piratesforums.co/threads/terms-and-rules.347/

Additionally the rules and regulations are subject to change, and we will continue to add more to it in the future. We will be sure to point out the jurisdiction of the terms in them. Again, thanks.

I think in country most people just opt to not go to the site any more and they kind of fade away. The laws in America cover mostly contact as in you can opt out of being contacted for any reason in the form of emails, phone or info sharing. A lot of people kind of stop going to sites sometimes for a year or more and then decide to become active again... its kind of nice when they open up to the data they had before. I know Disney for instance said that they literally plan on keeping all information on players "FOREVER" as I asked them about this when I got a new card so my payment didn't go through.

Isn't that a little SCARY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back