Suggestion Removal of the Mollusk in the entryway near the Twins

Would you like to see the mollusk removed?

• Total voters

Jim Hexskull

Wiki Staff
As most people will have noticed, attacking the twins from a distance with grenades is easily the most effecient method of looting these bosses. When standing at the entrance to that flat area, even if they aggro you they stay in place. This makes it easier to consistently kill them without receiving damage of your own. The issue comes from the Mollusk standing in the entryway. It attacks anyone who is standing nearby and attacking the twins, and really ruins the flow of the siege tossing. It would be nice to have said mollusk removed for the convenience of the players.

As most people will have noticed, attacking the twins from a distance with grenades is easily the most effecient method of looting these bosses. When standing at the entrance to that flat area, even if they aggro you they stay in place. This makes it easier to consistently kill them without receiving damage of your own. The issue comes from the Mollusk standing in the entryway. It attacks anyone who is standing nearby and attacking the twins, and really ruins the flow of the siege tossing. It would be nice to have said mollusk removed for the convenience of the players.
Just no. I stand off to the side and no one arggos. I stand about 50 degrees to the front left before the final rise to the twins.
The arrgo is already way too forgiving I think, and I don't feel it's in the games best interests to strategically move enemies around to make it easier to grind a boss.
Matter of fact, I almost think you're actually pulling our peg legs and being a funny pirate.

Hmm seems like the twins should be aggroing under those conditions; thanks for the heads up on that!
I don't know of any boss in the game that you can not find a grenade position where he/she will move or react to distance. All of them, and I've done all of them at this point, have a safe spot.
and OT, but opposite that, I've had enemies follow me right through clipping in the walls far out to sea and beyond determined to kill me. Like a enraged Chihuahua trying to get his chew toy from me.

Just no. I stand off to the side and no one arggos. I stand about 50 degrees to the front left before the final rise to the twins.
The arrgo is already way too forgiving I think, and I don't feel it's in the games best interests to strategically move enemies around to make it easier to grind a boss.
Matter of fact, I almost think you're actually pulling our peg legs and being a funny pirate.
I am 100% serious. If you stand too far in front of the mollusk, the twins aggro you, if you stand beside or behind it, it aggros you. It's annoying, waste of ammo and a waste of space.

Didn't all enemies in POTCO aggro aswell? I seem to remember having to be VERY careful trying to "sneak" past higher level enemies.
I may be remembering wrong but I beleived it was to prevent pirates (even high level ones) from simply standing in one spot bombarding bosses or other enemies over and over again without taking any damage themselves?

I am 100% serious. If you stand too far in front of the mollusk, the twins aggro you, if you stand beside or behind it, it aggros you. It's annoying, waste of ammo and a waste of space.
I'd still say no because there are plenty of safe grenade spots against the twins. If there was no safe spot, I could see your point but I still wouldn't want to just move enemies around or away or eliminate them to ease my burdens.
GL

To be frank, these avoid-the-aggro bugs need to be fixed, not easier to abuse than they already are! You shouldn't hit enemies if you don't want to get hit back! Where's the fun in hiding in a safe spot? This isn't some harmless aesthetic glitch, this actually affects gameplay and loot. What's the point of even having enemies if we just sit pretty at a certain distance or certain angle away from them? I know we're pirates, but come on. You know what, let's replace each boss with a special patch of dirt that spits out loot every 60 seconds -- no need to actually play the game or anything. Just run back and forth and get yer loot! Because that's about what happens when you're abusing safe spots. If they exist in the game, it is what it is, use them if you will. But honestly, to modify the landscape to encourage abusing a bug like this is ridiculous.

Just LOL!

Hmm seems like the twins should be aggroing under those conditions; thanks for the heads up on that!
They move. You just have to know how to motivate them.
screenshot_2018-05-13_02-14-24.jpg

One of those days when everyone's in a bad mood...

screenshot_2018-05-13_16-17-48.jpg

LOL, they were chasing me but I gave 'em the slip. Notice the Mollusk is my bro...

screenshot_2018-05-13_16-18-34.jpg

LOL, lost and looking for me...

screenshot_2018-05-13_16-19-29.jpg

Aw, now I made them upset...

I know what you mean by this mollusk just recently I believe it was Friday or Saturday I went afk for 5 minutes returned and I was in jail due to said Molusk.. But if the issue is him attacking you when you are just chunking siege at the twins may I suggest standing on the other side kinda where that little hill is... I mean that's where I typically stand when just sieging them...

That mollusk there is pointless... who wants to kill him when you have the twins you can fight. In potco, yes there was a time when everything aggro as you walk by.. but Disney change it later on to how it is now. I personally have tried to nade the twins and found it took way to long to be worth looting solo. So what if this is a bug..it dont change the game play or loot, because it isnt that easy to do. So if he wants to kill them that way, let him. That is his play time, and play style.

Also Jim rarely posted anything, show him a little respect, smh,

That mollusk there is pointless... who wants to kill him when you have the twins you can fight. In potco, yes there was a time when everything aggro as you walk by.. but Disney change it later on to how it is now. I personally have tried to nade the twins and found it took way to long to be worth looting solo. So what if this is a bug..it dont change the game play or loot, because it isnt that easy to do. So if he wants to kill them that way, let him. That is his play time, and play style.

Also Jim rarely posted anything, show him a little respect, smh,
This thread is the reason why I post nothing here. This community is slipping further and further downhill, and any new idea is blasted as ridiculous and you're just ridiculed instead of just letting people express their opinions. Plus it's usually not even me that has an issue with the mollusk, it's guild mates as we try to loot the twins together.

To be frank, these avoid-the-aggro bugs need to be fixed, not easier to abuse than they already are! You shouldn't hit enemies if you don't want to get hit back! Where's the fun in hiding in a safe spot? This isn't some harmless aesthetic glitch, this actually affects gameplay and loot. What's the point of even having enemies if we just sit pretty at a certain distance or certain angle away from them? I know we're pirates, but come on. You know what, let's replace each boss with a special patch of dirt that spits out loot every 60 seconds -- no need to actually play the game or anything. Just run back and forth and get yer loot! Because that's about what happens when you're abusing safe spots. If they exist in the game, it is what it is, use them if you will. But honestly, to modify the landscape to encourage abusing a bug like this is ridiculous.
Then take grenades out of the game mate!
If it's a glitch, as anything we can throw works the same.

Last edited:
This thread is the reason why I post nothing here. This community is slipping further and further downhill, and any new idea is blasted as ridiculous and you're just ridiculed instead of just letting people express their opinions. Plus it's usually not even me that has an issue with the mollusk, it's guild mates as we try to loot the twins together.
I apologize mate. I seriously thought you were pulling a Teague. The idea to remove an enemy because they made it tougher and a annoyance just seemed like such a humorous request that I thought it was funny sarcasm.
No disrespect intended.
GL

I could definitely see this as a worthwhile endeavor, a small adjustment of sorts to make Sieging them to death a more viable alternative. The alternative to this idea however could be simply removing the auto-aggro from this enemy as to ease the pain of it being there, without fully removing it for those who may (for whatever reason) want it to be there.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Jim Hexskull!

Back