Suggestion Remove Damage Count Numbers

C

Crashalot

I think the little red damage count numbers are irrelevant and unnecessary in the game. They are really random and not mathematically correct and each pirate sees a different value from the same single hit on a target. Why bother with them at all? Let the status bar indicate what damage has been done and be done with the red numbers as they are literally meaningless.
Maybe removing them will even help some other aspect of the game by freeing up a much needed resource to be used elsewhere.

Or why not just fix them.
Answer, as posted above...
I think the little red damage count numbers are irrelevant and unnecessary in the game.
Does it matter that much to you? Are they critical for game play? Do you even look at them?
Why bother fixing it? The devs have more than enough to "fix" as it is, so why waste the time and resources?
Anyway, I hope that clarifies matters regarding your inquiry to my opinion on the matter...

A better solution, have a toggle where the player can decide whether or not they appear, because some pirates may like to see how much damage a certain weapon or skill move does in comparison with others.

A better solution, have a toggle where the player can decide whether or not they appear, because some pirates may like to see how much damage a certain weapon or skill move does in comparison with others.
The damage isn't correct, so yer not seeing anything but fantasy numbers. That's the whole point of getting rid of it. It's not showing you any damage. Only the status bar does. Thus the point of this thread...

I like Eliza's version, it does get kind of annoying sometimes, other times it is neat to see how much crit you can do with certain weapons on certain foes.

I like Eliza's version, it does get kind of annoying sometimes, other times it is neat to see how much crit you can do with certain weapons on certain foes.
Yeah, it would be neat, neat if critical strike actually worked (*hint - it doesn't) and cool if the damage numbers were really showing you actual damage you were inflicting on an enemy (*hint - they don't).
The cute, red "damage" numbers are just for decoration and do not represent anything at all, let alone any damage you've inflicted upon an enemy.
The suggestion is to remove them until such a time that they are working/accurate.
But hey, if you wanna look at them and fantasize their significance, then that's cool too!
Savor them!

This could be a nice option to toggle on/off. The same for the COMBO HITS text. Not sure how necessary this text ever was except to give the game a more console / arcade look and to promote cooperation.
Yes, LOL, the "Combo Hits" window is also totally useless and really doesn't even work all the time anyway.
The illusion is that when combo hits are done, more damage is delivered. It doesn't really do that at all.

Back