Request: Quotes for Remembrance Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy all!

If you haven't heard, I'm currently working on a rather large project. This project will help us to relive our Pirates Online experience in every way possible after the game's closure.

How?

This project is a video which consists of full tours of every island and area, showcases all aspects of the game, and will help to cement our legacy. I would like to help out this community once more by providing this reference for us - this documentation of our beloved game will be timeless.

I am willing to include quotes submitted by you; they can be anything! Your favorite memory, best moment, an interesting story - by all means, they're welcome! You can post anything you want to say here and I'll add it when I start to edit the video.

You can leave general comments and questions regarding the actual project itself - replies are not strictly for quotes. When submitting a quote, please preface it with (QUOTE) so I know to include you.

Cheers,
JFR

I think this is a great idea John! I believe getting the community of the forums will bring a large sentimental value to this video, and just make it better to show others the love we have for POTCO.

My Quote: "Sailing, Sinking, Looting, all with the best crew a Pirate could ask for"

Brilliant idea:
I have a quote but would also like to share experiences.
(QUOTE): "My loyal crewmates and my ship on the sea. That's always a pirate's life for me!"

(EXPERIENCE): Whenever I set sail on Pirates of the Caribbean Online, I am greeted by a blast of welcoming. My friends were always a piece of 8 in my treasure collection, wielding their brilliant blades with me and hoisting the colors in a wonderful plunder! To relive over 5 years of fantastic fun would be thankful!

The lesson to be learned about POTCO is this; Seek out change (in a positive way) and defend your right to be heard, and to be understood. NO good will result from action taken upon yourself to destroy the hope of a community by manipulating a product's flaws and a product's weaknesses. Pursue matters of change that better the situation, and do not hinder. In other words, FLEE the desire to beat down and suppress a one-legged dog, no matter how distasteful and abandoned the situation appears.

QUOTE - 'Not all Treasure be Silver and Gold, mate' Jack Sparrow

EXPERIENCE - 'Anything and everything we did together as a Guild, Grim Englishmen knew how to have fun, whether it was dying on Raven's Cove fighting the Ghosts, invading Kingshead, plundering the QAR or soloing an invasion on a quiet server. They were the Best.'

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea's face, and a grey dawn breaking.

From SALT-WATER POEMS AND BALLADS, by John Masefield,
Dark-Water Witch.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back