Event Revive POTCO 2nd Event

My thanks too, to those that organised this event. It is humbling to realise how much time and effort some of you have put into this on our behalf and moving to see the extent of support from us 'ordinary' pirates. It will be interesting to see Disney's response. I for one haven't had the usual standard (or any other) acknowledgement that follows from a 'feedback' message. I am a bit despairing about the level of response that we get from the likes of Krista and her colleagues. and if this is to be taken seriously by Disney I guess one question is whether it will get escalated to someone in the organisation that has the authority to make resourcing decisions; which in turn leads me to wonder if anyone has communicated outside the game to someone senior in the Disney Interactive division.

If it hasn't already been done, I am not knowledgeable enough about the history to be the person to do it but I would be very happy to be a 'helper' and do some of the background work if someone else takes the lead.

Looking on the web, I found this: http://news.disneyinteractive.com/aboutus/leadership.shtml which names the two co-presidents of Disney Interactive, with John Pleasants being the one responsible for strategy for Disney interactive games. Would a formal letter to him get a serious response about the organisations strategy for POTC?

Well just a thought.

Love to all

...if this is to be taken seriously by Disney I guess one question is whether it will get escalated to someone in the organisation that has the authority to make resourcing decisions; which in turn leads me to wonder if anyone has communicated outside the game to someone senior in the Disney Interactive division.

Looking on the web, I found this: http://news.disneyinteractive.com/aboutus/leadership.shtml which names the two co-presidents of Disney Interactive, with John Pleasants being the one responsible for strategy for Disney interactive games. Would a formal letter to him get a serious response about the organisations strategy for POTC?
When this petition first began, organizers from Revive POTCO contacted a total of 50 individuals representing both The Walt Disney Company and Disney Interactive. Each of these individuals were contacted first via LinkedIn and then later, through Twitter and Facebook (according to whether or not they 'publicly' disclosed a Twitter or Facebook page). In addition, a hanful of these same 50 individuals were also contacted on personal blog pages they either updated or maintained.

Among those 50 individuals, both Disney Interactive Presidents - John Pleasants and James Pitaro - were contacted by Revive POTCO.

Really, the only (major) decision-making person whom Revive POTCO did not choose to contact was Disney CEO, Robert Iger, as it was decided that he would likely ignore the petition letters of concern out of being just too busy and preoccupied with running the whole organization.

I think it is fair to say that as far as Revive POTCO is concerned, we have done just about all we can do to inform Disney/DIMG about the concerns we have towards the game. As JadeOHayes has stated, the ball is (and has been now for a 'long' time) in Disney's court to make a decision as to whether or not they value and deem POTCO important enough to be revived and to be improved for the sake of us players. :)

For more information, please review the posts and updated developments within the Revive POTCO thread:

When this petition first began, organizers from Revive POTCO contacted a total of 50 individuals representing both The Walt Disney Company and Disney Interactive. Each of these individuals were contacted first via LinkedIn and then later, through Twitter and Facebook (according to whether or not they 'publicly' disclosed a Twitter or Facebook page). In addition, a hanful of these same 50 individuals were also contacted on personal blog pages they either updated or maintained.

Among those 50 individuals, both Disney Interactive Presidents - John Pleasants and James Pitaro - were contacted by Revive POTCO.

Really, the only (major) decision-making person whom Revive POTCO did not choose to contact was Disney CEO, Robert Iger, as it was decided that he would likely ignore the petition letters of concern out of being just too busy and preoccupied with running the whole organization.

I think it is fair to say that as far as Revive POTCO is concerned, we have done just about all we can do to inform Disney/DIMG about the concerns we have towards the game. As JadeOHayes has stated, the ball is (and has been now for a 'long' time) in Disney's court to make a decision as to whether or not they value and deem POTCO important enough to be revived and to be improved for the sake of us players. :)

For more information, please review the posts and updated developments within the Revive POTCO thread:

Thank you Shamus. I am sorry for my lack of understanding of what has already been done, a symptom of being so new to the forum, I guess. I appreciate the extent of the work that has already taken place.

I am sorry for my lack of understanding of what has already been done, a symptom of being so new to the forum, I guess.
No, no, no, no...
:flag1:
I appreciate you taking an interest to want to improve the game by going out of your way to contact those most responsible for it. *I salute you for this effort and I hope that if anyone does have information which could help minimize the threats made currently to POTCO, that they be willing to move slightly out of their own comfort zone and make an attempt, same as you did, for it.;)

No, no, no, no...
:flag1:
I appreciate you taking an interest to want to improve the game by going out of your way to contact those most responsible for it. *I salute you for this effort and I hope that if anyone does have information which could help minimize the threats made currently to POTCO, that they be willing to move slightly out of their own comfort zone and make an attempt, same as you did, for it.;)

Thank you Shamus. Just have to hope now that there is a response.

Hello fellow Pirate,

Thank you for writing in with your questions and concerns.

We are always pleased to hear from our Guests and always welcome comments regarding our products and services. We are continually balancing and updating the game as we strive to make Pirates Online a fun and safe place to play online.

I'm sorry to hear about the cheating you are seeing in the game. All players caught cheating in Pirates Online will be dealt with accordingly. We will do our best to investigate this incident and record it for possible further action.

If you see this again, please report the player in the game and then contact us by submitting a bug report with a screen shot and any pertinent information regarding the Pirates involved. Our bug report page can be found here:

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/help/feedback.html

With this extra help we can certainly look into the issue further for you, and take any action necessary against the player.

Also, we are always happy to hear from our Pirates and love to hear what they would like to see added to the game. I am not sure what we will see next in the Caribbean as we find out about updates when everyone else does so it is always a big surprise!

You can be sure any news on upcoming events or releaseswill be noted in the Current News section of our website located at the link below:

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/news_blog/currentnews.html

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Sincerely,

Krista
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services

Really, who the heck is this Krista? Does she respond to everyone's e-mails? :p

Same automated response: Oh, yeah, you're wrong, we're updating everything, yeah every cheater's gonna be banned.

Cool. Well, then...DO IT, DISNEY.

Hello fellow Pirate,

Thank you for writing in with your questions and concerns.

We are always pleased to hear from our Guests and always welcome comments regarding our products and services. We are continually balancing and updating the game as we strive to make Pirates Online a fun and safe place to play online.

I'm sorry to hear about the cheating you are seeing in the game. All players caught cheating in Pirates Online will be dealt with accordingly. We will do our best to investigate this incident and record it for possible further action.

If you see this again, please report the player in the game and then contact us by submitting a bug report with a screen shot and any pertinent information regarding the Pirates involved. Our bug report page can be found here:

With this extra help we can certainly look into the issue further for you, and take any action necessary against the player.

Also, we are always happy to hear from our Pirates and love to hear what they would like to see added to the game. I am not sure what we will see next in the Caribbean as we find out about updates when everyone else does so it is always a big surprise!

You can be sure any news on upcoming events or releaseswill be noted in the Current News section of our website located at the link below:

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/news_blog/currentnews.html

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Sincerely,

Krista
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services

Really, who the heck is this Krista? Does she respond to everyone's e-mails? :p

Same automated response: Oh, yeah, you're wrong, we're updating everything, yeah every cheater's gonna be banned.

Cool. Well, then...DO IT, DISNEY.
Blah Blah Blah :walk the plank:

So if Disney are not sure then who does the updates?
Krista is just a customer service rep who handles the emails that are sent to POTCO. I am curious if anyone sent anything to the other two emails mentioned, and what response, if any, we will receive.

Avast *censored name*!

What's this about bugs and lag? Bugs I've heard of but this lag is unfamiliar in these parts.

To assist us in resolving this problem, we need to view the game's log files. Your log files are created whenever you try to log in or play Pirates Online. They contain valuable information that allows us to see what may be happening to you while you are in the game.

Please use the link below to get to the Report a Bug web page:

Once at the page please follow the instructions below based of your Operating System type to fill out the report with the log files attached:

PC players (Windows 32-bit):

1. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the first Browse button.

2. Copy this string based off your operating system type, and paste it in the File Name box:

\Program Files\Disney\Disney Online\PiratesOnline

3. Click the Open button; this will bring you to the PiratesOnline folder.

4. Click Date Modified at the top of the file list to sort by date.

5. Look for the most recent Launcher log file, based on its date:

launcher-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

Please note: You may not see the .log extension if show file extensions are turned off in the Folder Options. If so, find the file icon that looks like a notepad.

6. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches the first file to your Bug Report.

7. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the second Browse button, and repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.

8. Look for the most recent Pirates log file, based on its date:

pirates-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

9. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches this second file to your Bug Report.

10. After you’ve attached the two log files, please provide a Description, E-mail Address, and Account ID, then click on the Submit button.

PC Players (Windows 64-bit):

1. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the first Browse button.

2. Copy this string based off your operating system type, and paste it in the File Name box:

\Program Files (x86)\Disney\Disney Online\PiratesOnline

3. Click the Open button; this will bring you to the PiratesOnline folder.

4. Click Date Modified at the top of the file list to sort by date.

5. Look for the most recent Launcher log file, based on its date:

launcher-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

Please note: You may not see the .log extension if show file extensions are turned off in the Folder Options. If so, find the file icon that looks like a notepad.

6. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches the first file to your Bug Report.

7. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the second Browse button, and repeat steps 2, 3, and 4.

8. Look for the most recent Pirates log file, based on its date:

pirates-yymmdd_hhmmss.log (yymmdd_hhmmss = year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds)

9. Click on the file and then click the Open button; this attaches this second file to your Bug Report.

10. After you’ve attached the two log files, please provide a Description, E-mail Address, and Account ID, then click on the Submit button.

Mac Users

1. Click Finder on the Dock.

2. Click on Applications.

3. Hold down the CTRL/Control key and Click on the PiratesOnline.app icon (or right-click).

4. Select Show Package Contents.

5. Open the Contents Folder.

6. Open the MacOS Folder.

7. Click on the View Menu, select Arrange by, then choose Date Modified.

8. Look for the most recent Launcher log file, ans also the most recent Pirates log file, based on their dates:

Drag those two files to your desktop.

9. On the Report A Bug web page, click on the first Browse button.

10. In the File Upload window, Select Places, then Desktop.

11. Click on the launcher-yymmdd_hhmmss.log and then click Open; this attaches the first file to your Bug Report.

12. Click on the second Browse button.

13. In the File Upload window, Select Places and then Desktop.

14. Click on the pirates-yymmdd_hhmmss.log and then click Open; this attaches the second file to your Bug Report.

15. After you’ve attached the two log files, please provide a Description, E-mail Address, and Account ID, then click on the Submit button.

Once we have received the report we will review the log files and reply to you by email with any information we may have for you.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Khermal
Technical Support Representative

Curse you, Disney! Pulling out the old pirate lingo trick on us! "What is this lag you speak of?" I wanna give them a piece of my mind...

I wish I could have been online for the sailing event, but I couldn't make it. Anyway, I hope Disney doesn't try to dodge any issues that people sent in this time. Seriously, if they just sent in a guy to play for a few weeks even a few days... he could write up a page full of things that should be fixed. I was on my alt today, trying to kill Navy in Fort Charles on Port Royal. I attacked three at a time, and all three decided they wanted to run off into the ocean for a swim around the world... Just one of many more examples :p

Finally got around to editing my screenshots so I present to you; my (lovely) screenshots.​
screenshot_2013-05-25_13-12-49.jpg
screenshot_2013-05-25_13-08-18.jpg
screenshot_2013-05-25_13-08-48.jpg
I'm not too sure what happened in the first screenshot but I thought it made for a cool visual! Sadly I wasn't able to stick around for the whole event but it was fun while it lasted :)

Hi, Pirate Pal!

Thank you for contacting us and for bringing up your concerns about hackers in the game. We appreciate this very much. Disney, as a family-friendly company, has the responsibility to make sure all our Pirates are safe in the Caribbean. Please know that we have game moderators who watch and listen to everything happening in the game all the time. No misbehaving Pirates get away with inappropriate behavior. They may get an email warning up to a complete termination of their accounts depending on the gravity of their behavior.

Please know that the use of any third party software (hacks) in conjunction with the game is strictly prohibited in Pirates Online. Any Pirate caught using such programs may have their Pirates Online accounts terminated immediately.

Also, remember if you experience any un-Piratey like behavior, which may be in violation of the Disney House Rules, you can use the Report button in the Pirate Detail Panel to report their chat to a Moderator for review. If you report someone on your Friends List, they will be removed from your Friends List.

Below is a link to more information on this topic:

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/players_guide/friendsandchat/friendsandchat_01.html&mode=pgByUrl

Thanks again for your email. We appreciate you contacting us about your concerns. We want to see you have a swashbuckling time in the Caribbean always!

Jennifer
Technical Support Representative

How did we do? Please take this short survey to give us feedback about your experience with our support team: https://www.disneysurvey.com/wix/p11266923.aspx
If you require further assistance, please respond to this email. We will include the survey link in every reply so that you can take the survey whenever you like.

Back