Request REVIVE POTCO (Chapter 2)?

Should a TLOPO/REVIVE POTCO alliance be struck?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamus The Brute

Site Founder
I'm not particularly happy about it but realistically I don't think there's anyway to change that short of Disney asking the devs to continue under their wing.

I don't think Disney would ever willingly let us use the copyright for potco without very heavy supervision from them which could be a blessing or a curse .

If we truly wanted to take control of our own destiny the Devs could take the time and what they have learned to create a new and unique game similar to potco but completely different so that the rights are completely in their hands (like yooka laylee did)
I do appreciate your input. It does matter, just like a few other opinions written here. Like you, I was..."afraid" of Disney (if that is incorrect for myself saying so about you, I do apologize).

The time TLOPO has been granted to thrive that fear I once had was diminished. Today, through research, I am understanding that POTCO -and- TLOPO have a circumstance(s) unique to each which no other public remake can boast. We are venturing into unprecedented ground here! As such, I believe if an alliance can be struck with what this thread proposes...we all may come to the understanding that Disney is not really the one's we are obligated to answer to. In retrospect, because of this unprecedented ground coupled with OUR unique circumstance(s), the success or failure of TLOPO is obligated to history...of how a change to copyright law was sought, given the matter of "unfairness" surrounding the premise of abandonware law.

This...what TLOPO has been capable of achieving thus far...it is much bigger than any of us have ever looked at before! Hence, in that being so, REVIVE POTCO can serve again a purpose to help the community. But why REVIVE? Simply because some of REVIVE's own organizers have yet to become tainted by the temptation to break copyright law...putting us into a position to become better heard without the conflict of being biased (in a way that 'playing' an abandoned game under the yoke of copyright brings). That unbiaseness, and Disney being reminded, offers a level of protection and defense alone (among others I do personally have).

Last edited:

Mr. Dev

TLOPO Staff
In addition, I had thought of something today (during myself watching the movie, 'Gone with The Wind,' [it's true]) which further can add to the defense of TLOPO if Disney ever began to consider to take action.

*How many TLOPO devs/staff can say this?

In short, we aren't waiting for permission, because we won't ever be given it (explicitly). We're here for the community. The community that wanted POTCO back - so we brought it back.

Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

In short, we aren't waiting for permission, because we won't ever be given it (explicitly). We're here for the community. The community that wanted POTCO back - so we brought it back.
I hate to burst your bubble but you only recreated something (and then expanded a bit on it) all without permission. That truth should not bring offense, nor is it meant to bring offense. But...you're correct. Disney will never explicitly give permission. (The permission clause is not what this thread is about. Nor is it about Disney [directly] unless I draw attention further to a last resort clause I feel could apply).

*Are you pirates confused about why copyright even applies to TLOPO in the first place, as POTCO being considered an abandonware status of a game? So am I. Copyright law as it currently stands is altogether confusing - especially when it concerns itself with a game we held on our systems to which the game publisher (Disney) had abandoned our chances of further playing - despite efforts.

REVIVE can help resolve some of this confusion for TLOPO and possibly...create some change for the better on behalf of TLOPO (through the process of just providing help).

Last edited:

Stephen Teague

TLOPO Staff
*Are you pirates confused about why copyright even applies to TLOPO in the first place
Nope.
REVIVE can help resolve some of this confusion for TLOPO and possibly...create some change for the better on behalf of TLOPO (through the process of just providing help).
We aren't interested in a supposed "alliance". The active members of "REVIVE" are on our staff team. This topic is exhausting, it won't achieve much, if anything, in my opinion. Sorry.

-Teague

Last edited:

Shamus The Brute

Site Founder
I'm not certain I understand the premise of this thread. What would an "alliance" do for us in the event that Disney steps in and shuts TLOPO down? Perhaps I misinterpreted your meaning.
Hi, Jason. ;) Very good to hear from you and also, to see a familiar face.

An "alliance" would put REVIVE into a position to serve as mediatary between TLOPO and Disney, if such a circumstance were to ever occur. The premise is let the people whom have spoken already to Disney serve the part. Not that TLOPO cannot do this alone but, without REVIVE, TLOPO has no one whom:
  1. Could use their real name (to validate the 'past' connection which played out between Disney and REVIVE); this creates continuity, which in-turn creates greater odds that the community's voice will be heard
  2. Could spearhead the community's voice by someone whom yet has not broken copyright. (In the business world, one's 'integrity' matters significantly and if TLOPO is ever forced to have to explain things - to keep it's community wholly intact - the person(s) Disney will most listen to is someone whom has not compromised something which is very important to Disney and that is, of course, it's position upon copyright and compliance towards the copyright).
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions, my friend. :)

Henry Avery

Dockworker
They always da bluntness and honesty is the most under appreciated value in society... dis iz where I come in. Please view dis as honesty, not a troll my good sir.

Disney doesn’t give a barnacles about tahlawpow. Dey don’t care abt a ragtag group of goonz that ultimately failed 2 save da game. They don’t care dat Potco is being remade bc itz not a threat 2 them... tlopo is following their rulez dat Dey set and Potco and tahlawpow is a crapty looking game. I can assure you nobody in their right mind at Disney carez about dis game anymore

Dis incessant posting from u almost seems like a fetish at this point. I can assure u, ur wasting ur time, tlopo won’t care, Disney won’t care. Nobody is likely taking dis seriously. Redirect ur effortz to something more beneficial on the forums, ur martyrdom for uz is appreciated but not necessary

again dis wasn’t meant as a troll, if you take it as dat, then you just are denying what should be obvious to urself.
-Father

Last edited by a moderator:

Shamus The Brute

Site Founder
I request @forums admin. and/or moderator to lock this thread. ;) I am requesting this early given the poll results.

Thanks for giving me that last time, to be of help. No grudges/no worries.

Good luck.

Jason O'Connell

Forum Mod
Hi, Jason. ;) Very good to hear from you and also, to see a familiar face.

An "alliance" would put REVIVE into a position to serve as mediatary between TLOPO and Disney, if such a circumstance were to ever occur. The premise is let the people whom have spoken already to Disney serve the part. Not that TLOPO cannot do this alone but, without REVIVE, TLOPO has no one whom:
  1. Could use their real name (to validate the 'past' connection which played out between Disney and REVIVE); this creates continuity, which in-turn creates greater odds that the community's voice will be heard
  2. Could spearhead the community's voice by someone whom yet has not broken copyright. (In the business world, one's 'integrity' matters significantly and if TLOPO is ever forced to have to explain things - to keep it's community wholly intact - the person(s) Disney will most listen to is someone whom has not compromised something which is very important to Disney and that is, of course, it's position upon copyright and compliance towards the copyright).
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions, my friend. :)
Good to see you, too :)

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.