Revive POTCO New Year's Blockade!

screenshot_2013-01-01_06-13-58.jpg
In the middle of the blockade, people were out on the Port Royal docks saying revive POTCO! Cool or what? :cool:

I'd like to mention that what happens in the game and what happens here on the forums are both two separate things. Please keep any game drama inside the game and leave it off the forums so that this place may remain a sanctuary. We're here to enjoy ourselves and chat among each other, not hold witch trials.

I'd like to mention that what happens in the game and what happens here on the forums are both two separate things. Please keep any game drama inside the game and leave it off the forums so that this place may remain a sanctuary. We're here to enjoy ourselves and chat among each other, not hold witch trials.

Agreed. :iagree:

Reactions: May

It can get out of hand. A bit to much if i'm right. And stay on topic as well. :p

I don't mean to rekindle the fire here but, I have not forgotten the "disruption" which infiltrated this one-of-a-kind event (and to which I have personally vowed that 'some' justice be served).

(remind ^ ye of anything)?

I don't mean to rekindle the fire here but, I have not forgotten the "disruption" which infiltrated this one-of-a-kind event (and to which I have personally vowed that 'some' justice be served).

(remind ^ ye of anything)?
Don't acknowledge it; he likes when people acknowledge it. He's even made a "shrine" to the event on another PotCO website I frequent. Just throwing that out there; it's not meant to cause any problems.

Don't acknowledge it; he likes when people acknowledge it. He's even made a "shrine" to the event on another PotCO website I frequent. Just throwing that out there; it's not meant to cause any problems.
I know who you are talking about and I can tell you that some action has been made against him. However, there are many others whom caused havoc on that day whom I have not forgotten about.

Normally, I am a quiet lad...all peaceful and willing to turn the other cheek. However, players need to understand that when they do something like this against a move to better the game, a "spark" has been lit within me that will not excuse such ignorance.

Anyway...I need to stop speaking for now as I feel my blood pressure :cursing: rising again over a in-game event I cared deeply about.

I know who you are talking about and I can tell you that some action has been made against him. However, there are many others whom caused havoc on that day whom I have not forgotten about.

Normally, I am a quiet lad...all peaceful and willing to turn the other cheek. However, players need to understand that when they do something like this against a move to better the game, a "spark" has been lit within me that will not excuse such ignorance.

Anyway...I need to stop speaking for now as I feel my blood pressure :cursing: rising again over a in-game event I cared deeply about.
Alright, well allow me to contribute one last post to this conversation; could it not be good that these hackers are doing these types of activities? Now, just hear me out for a second:

Disney has problems they need to fix in the game, yes? These include usage of outside programs to enhance game experience, and various glitches/bugs in the game. Well, if a player goes against Disney's rules and uses an outside program to ruin a big in-game event that filled an entire server, don't you think they'll take notice? I've been hearing rumors that Disney is soon to regain funding, and perhaps they'll use some of that to fix errors like this, especially when they see how big of a potential problem they can create.

Now, i'm not advocating to go on the game and ruin other players' experience, but I do believe that these kinds of problems could be beneficial to the game's revival. Problems that arise shouldn't be ignored, they should be fixed. This only shows Disney what problems there are to be fixed.

Now, i'm not advocating to go on the game and ruin other players' experience, but I do believe that these kinds of problems could be beneficial to the game's revival. Problems that arise shouldn't be ignored, they should be fixed. This only shows Disney what problems there are to be fixed.
Inorder to have POTCO "revived," the fight is not directed at DIMG. The fight is directed at those business executives/decision-makers above DIMG.

Also, any possible convincing POTCO pirates are going to "try" to do to these decision makers (in-game) HAVE to be done on a level which is professional and to which they understand. This is how the business world works, afterall!

To believe the theory that by using third party programs to actually "show" Disney/DIMG there is a problem with POTCO is wrong and juvenile. *** For one thing, those DIMG people familiar enough with the game already know there is a problem. The problem is, many of them no longer work for the division or have other employment responsibilites to where they can not intervene for the welfare of the game.

Mates, there is a time to act like children, and there is a time to act like adults.:arrrrr: If it ever was possible to ask "children" to behave for a brief moment like an adult, now is that time.

"No," the only result of such glitching/hacking are POTCO players own game experience being harmed. *IF I am wrong, then why hasn't Disney/DIMG yet reacted to those whom caused havoc during the revive POTCO event???

Disney has problems they need to fix in the game, yes? These include usage of outside programs to enhance game experience, and various glitches/bugs in the game. Well, if a player goes against Disney's rules and uses an outside program to ruin a big in-game event that filled an entire server, don't you think they'll take notice? I've been hearing rumors that Disney is soon to regain funding, and perhaps they'll use some of that to fix errors like this, especially when they see how big of a potential problem they can create.

I see your point... kinda...

It seems like you're saying hackers are doing bad things to make things good... but why not just do good things to make things good?

...could it not be good that these hackers are doing these types of activities?
Problems that arise shouldn't be ignored, they should be fixed. This only shows Disney what problems there are to be fixed.
I do appreciate you commenting on this - Richard - as (I feel) the question needed to be asked. :)

An important thing to remember (I think) is that most POTCO players are not only asking for the game to be "fixed" but rather REVIVED as well. :D Therefore, any attempt to "show/prove" to Disney/DIMG that loopholes do exist on the game are quite short-term in perspective (as opposed to 'long-term' reviving effort for the well-being of the game).

Anyway, thanks for having the courage to expose this matter openly and for the purpose of intelligent debate.

may call us trouble maker but we did it to help the game...
Looking back on it now, I am curious to understand...how did that work out for ya? (Disney did not take notice, POTCO still closed, and the only thing that monumentally changed on that day was that players' gaming experience was utterly ruined)!

Anyway, I for one had forgotten to thank you for such "help." So, thank you, thank you, and thank you. :rolleyes:

(SIGH)

UPDATE (6-8-2014): "Forgiveness" is a tricky business...

On one-hand, it's somewhat easy to do. On the other, some type of justification is sought after for the hurt(s) that were caused.

I guess (shrugs) it's time for me to take the necessary steps to let it all go. ~ What better way to not let them rule over me, aye? :rolleyes:

Someone is hacking on the blockade it this guy i snapshot him. Wind-racer Hunter
View attachment 44550

Back