Rift

Kat Five Knives

I didn't see a thread specifically for Rift, although JFR did make a video of the game play which you can see by clicking HERE for beginning game play (Guardian) and also HERE for some of the latest high level game play.

Soooo I thought I would start a thread for those of us who play Rift or for those who are curious about the game and want to post questions. JFR and I are both avid players and it's our main MMO since the closing of POTCO.

Rift in a nutshell:
Rift is an MMO.
Rift is completely FREE to PLAY. You can purchase items that help you level faster but you never HAVE to pay a penny. You can use the in-game money that you earn to purchase credits that will give you anything that is 'extra' that you would otherwise pay cash for - so essentially the entire game and all features can be COMPLETELY FREE to you. (The in-game money is easier to earn as you approach the higher levels)
* You CAN subscribe if you wish. People who subscribe (like JFR and I do) are called 'Patrons' and we get daily boosts and bonuses.
* You will need to choose from two sets of servers: NA - North America and EU (European servers). A list of servers (called shards) can be found by clicking HERE. JFR and I are on the Wolfsbane shard (North American)
* Rift is very versatile. There are two factions - Guardian and Defiant. You will need to choose that first. Each faction has 3 races. Click on the graphic below to see the descriptions of each.

Once you choose your faction and race, then you need to choose your CALLING.
Currently there are four callings (rumor is a fifth is in development).

If you click on the linked picture above, click a specific calling (such as the Warrior picture) to see a description of each of the souls that the calling may have.

Each calling may use a combination of the souls available so that your character will do exactly what you want. You can choose souls that do damage, that heal, that support the group, tank, or any combination thereof. You can be creative and design your own. As you level up you earn more points to spend in your souls. YOU CAN CHANGE your souls at any time and have multiple souls on a single character.

* Rift has something for almost everybody:
- Raiding ( PVE )
- Dungeons ( PVE )
- Warfronts ( PVP )
- Conquests (large scale PVP )
- Duels (PVP)
- Crafting/foraging
- Guilds / friends lists/ ignore lists/Guild chat/zone chat/ level chat/ custom chat channels
- Auction House / trading
- Weekly Updates
- World Events / Zone events
- Quests/story lines
- Player housing (called a 'Dimension' )
- Wardrobe / Costumes / Pets / Mounts
- Expansive world

And all of the above is available for FREE for any character you design. The Auction house has to be 'unlocked' through a paywall HOWEVER, you CAN use in-game money to purchase credits that will allow you to unlock it. Therefore, nothing is really off - limits to you if you play often and discover easy ways to earn in-game money (I suggest picking up a foraging or mining skill).

CLICK HERE for fan sites that you may also want to read over or use as references.
CLICK HERE for Rift's YouTube channel (videos show actual characters and environment)

If you decide to play on the North American shards, press O and then Add me Kataris@Wolfsbane to your friends list. I'll be happy to help you if you have any questions.

- Kat

Last edited:
Update.. the new calling is coming

However if you want this calling it does cost money. For $99.00 you can purchase the "Wilds Pack"
which will give you the ability to make a Primalist character among other benefits (including 30 day Patron status).

The calling comes with 6 new souls.
primalist_rift_souls_zps1auazuq2.png
  • Vulcanist: Ranged ST DPS. Fire + Earth abilities.
  • Berserker: Melee AoE DPS.
  • Typhoon: Ranged AoE DPS. Water + Air abilities.
  • Titan: Tank.
  • Dervish: Melee ST DPS.
  • Preserver: Healer. Uses blossoms and seeds.

The Primalist's unique feature is the Focus Bar (seen below) which moves your focus between fury and cunning.

38b8153d-66a4-4e1b-b6e3-373fd32891bb_zpsazwsqfpm.png

The release date has not yet been announced.

Q & A about the next big update:

The Wilds Pack
Do I have to purchase The Wilds Pack to access any of the content in Planetouched Wilds?
Nope! All of the content in 3.4: Into the Wilds is free to all RIFT players. Take part in all of the adventures in Planetouched Wilds with or without The Wilds Pack.

What items are available if I purchase before 3.4: Into The Wilds is released?
The Primal War Beast Mount, the Ovog Ceremonial Garb costume set, the Cloak of the Great Wheel costume cloak, the Primalist portrait frame, as well as 30 days of Patron time.

Will I be able to purchase the Primalist Calling separately from The Wilds Pack?
Yes, it will be available in-game for Credits with the release of 3.4: Into the Wilds or purchase separately from Glyph and our retail partners.

What Souls are including with the Primalist Calling?
Titan, Berserker, Dervish, Vulcanist, Preserver, and Typhoon.

Will I be able to purchase the additional character slot separately from The Wilds Pack?
No, however you can unlock up to 12 character slots in-game without The Wilds Pack.

Do I have to buy multiple The Wilds Packs if I play more than one character?
No, all rewards contained within The Wilds Pack are available for all characters on your account.

Last edited:
NEW ZONE coming SOON TO Rift!!

More information and insight can be found HERE. They also have a link to a video of the live feed.

Below are some screen shots from my adventures into this new zone next to Droughtlands while on the Public Test Shard.

New Map of the World

map%20of%20work%20with%20ptw_zpsekgp9qm8.png

New Drink

ptw%20drink_zpsp7tcobjj.png

New Rep Runes - the Ring is for an xp bonus only.

I assume more items will be added later (mounts, minion cards, etc)

ptw%20rep%20runes_zpslp5dxmfd.png

Floating Sea Creatures in the Sky Fishery

ptw%20floating%20sea%20creatures_zpsu6ospllp.png

Fully Upgraded Primal Spirit Stone (gain rep )

ptw%20fully%20upgraded%20primal%20spiritstone_zpsp8naol0g.png

Dinos in Painite Coast

ptw%20dinos%20at%20painite%20coast_zps6nl3uxql.png

And of COURSE there must be CRABS

ptw%20crabs%20at%20demon%20graves_zpsqxqo1vhe.png

Elite Dino below - The trenches provide an extra jumping skill allowing you to jump back to the top

ptw%20elite%20dino%20below_zps70fohrq2.png

Back