Sailing Idea: The Armada!

Stormhawk

Swashbuckler
Enter wall of text (sorry mates :p )

Have you ever said "Arrg.. me and me matey both have great and notorious war ships that we both want to sail together! But alas, what can we do?"

Well here is your solution fellow pirates, why not form an armada?(All ideas I thought of to be added with this)

In an armada, you have a lead captain (usually the person with the best ship) who can lead his mateys! In armadas, ships follow the captain. The captain can call broadside attacks or abilities, but ships still have control. However, ships cannot break out an armada unless they port.

In an armada you can...

#1 Band together with at least 1 other ship, more can be unlocked with leveling
#2 Stay linked together, with an auto-movement system, and new shared experience.
#3 Do massive amounts of damage!
#4 Conduct major sea battles
#5 Gain a step higher of threat level (Now armadas of hunters, and warships will be on your tail!)
#6 Unlock a whole new quest line of Armada based tasks
#7 New abilities!
-Firing Line: All ships line up side by side and unleash a massive broadside! (Works with open fire!)
-Ship Blockade: Ships will protect damaged ships from harm, and shield the incoming attacks
- Forward Charge: Ships line up and go at full speed! Ships can form V shapes, straight lines, or break into groups.
-Halt! : Brings all ships to a fast halt.
#8 Separate Leveling system. Armadas start at level 1 and can work their way up. You keep all previous sailing abilities, but will not be at the same level as sailing.
#9 New modes of SvS!

;)The option to have an Armada requires 2 standards:

a. must own a warship.

b. be level 30+

However, these are only captain standards. The boarding is free to anyone who wants to go, but to sail and be at the helm takes those requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be something really interesting to see happen. I like the idea.

hey Stormhawk i have one more idea as a last ditch effort ( must be mastered in sailing aka lv 30 sailing ) give the command to set the ship ablaze!!! all hands abondon ship and watch a treasure fleet panic trying to handle a Fireship!! just an extra idea ;)

Very nice :) I seriously hope POTCO takes players ideas, I would love to see this. Also to add on...

Armada Rewards
#1 Aftering completing tasked runs, you get the materials, gold, and bonus items.
#2Completing all Armada tasks with a level of 20 or higher will unlock a new FREE ship!
-The Barquentine! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barquentine)
-New massive ship, leads the Armada.
-Provides extra bonuses when used as the leader of an Armada
-Can later be transformed into the War Barquentine

Good idea! I'd really like to try something like that....

I think it may be a bit unrealistic for the game, though, because in the movies they almost always just drive one ship, and it wouldn't make sense to have 7 pirates in a crew driving 7 different ships.

...give the command to set the ship ablaze!!! all hands abondon ship and watch a treasure fleet panic trying to handle a Fireship!! just an extra idea ;)
I guess when I read this idea (along with Stormhawk's idea about a Armada), I had this particular scene in mind from the movie, "Ben Hur," which I had recently watched, this past Easter weekend. :D

Back