Sailing idea

Ghoul

Buccaneer
When sailing it is important for the sailor to crew all the people on their ship. However, their are a few things that make this hard/annoying.
1. there's this problem sometimes of not being able to click on players to view their player card.
2. It is annoying to have to ask people to speak for crew multiple times through a run.
Henceforth, the solution I would suggest is that they add a notification in the chat log when someone boards your ship. This would enable the sailor to quickly click the name in order to add to the crew. It would be essentially be like the notification when someone joins the guild you are in. Idk just an idea.

Or there could just be a new button in the in the friends/guild tab that says "Ship" and would display all pirates on board your ship. To make it even easier there could be a button there that says, invite all nearby pirates to crew (it would only invite the ones that aren't already in the crew).

Then if you crash you could teleport to someone on your ship really easily.

Or there could just be a new button in the in the friends/guild tab that says "Ship" and would display all pirates on board your ship. To make it even easier there could be a button there that says, invite all nearby pirates to crew (it would only invite the ones that aren't already in the crew).

Then if you crash you could teleport to someone on your ship really easily.
I like this even more than my suggestion. Would be even simpler.

I like these ideas. It would be helpful to more easily know who is aboard and invite them to the crew. It could also be helpful in kicking unwanted crew should such a thing ever be implemented.

A kick feature would be nice. A "walk the plank option"--with appropriate animation--would be awesome, too. ;)

A kick feature would be nice. A "walk the plank option"--with appropriate animation--would be awesome, too. ;)
That could be easily part of the "Ship" tab I suggested, along with the "Crew All" button there could be a "kick button" when you press it you can "kick" anyone off your ship or everyone. But I still don't know if a kick feature would be a good idea as it could be easily abused.

That could be easily part of the "Ship" tab I suggested, along with the "Crew All" button there could be a "kick button" when you press it you can "kick" anyone off your ship or everyone. But I still don't know if a kick feature would be a good idea as it could be easily abused.
Maybe a cooldown after each kick could fix this? like a 5-10 minute cooldown after each kick?

A kick feature is something that is really needed. There is a huge debate that could be made with Pros and Cons on either side of it. The only real combat against abuse would be to make it a bannable offense to kick people off a ship without cause.

I don't much care how a kick feature comes about, but something should be done. There are way too many AFKers on public ships as of lately.

A kick feature is something that is really needed. There is a huge debate that could be made with Pros and Cons on either side of it. The only real combat against abuse would be to make it a bannable offense to kick people off a ship without cause.

I don't much care how a kick feature comes about, but something should be done. There are way too many AFKers on public ships as of lately.
I used to get really mad about people afking on my ship. But idk eventually I kinda just realized like, who cares? Most of the time they will still join your crew and give you more rep.

I'm not exactly mad at afkers when a ship is full. It annoys me that there are 5 people on a ship and four of them are afking :(

I get the anger about afking on ships but when you say "There are more afkers than ever recently" You must understand that "often" the captain is ok with people afking on his ship and people ask.

I just don't really care if people afk on my ship like @Ghoul, but I would be a little disappointed if most people on my ship went afk without asking.

I've literally never been asked by a public player if they could afk on my ship. I've grown to expect it at this point, but it is a little aggravating to say the least.

I've literally never been asked by a public player if they could afk on my ship. I've grown to expect it at this point, but it is a little aggravating to say the least.
A lot of what was asked on this thread has been added thankfully. AFK is still a thing, but now the captain can kick. And the nearby pirate tab is working as well. Although it's still a bit clumsy to use 'nearby' and add them to your crew while in battle. There's always been a big difference between things that 'should' be added and NEED to be added or fixed. tlopo just chugging along one way or another.

In my limited amount to opening my ship public, never has a afk'r asked to do this. Most if not all hide around the bow or just afk right at a cannon. If a player doesn't ask about afk, I have absolutely no problem kicking them as fast as possible. No matter what a strangers reason, it's always detrimental to your ship and crew.

I haven't opened my ship since before the kick option was added, I may have to try it for the satisfaction result.

Back