Sailing is so broken

Avb

Honorable Pirate
Just every time i try to sail with other to get materials we always crash! I have lost out on hundreds of ship materials just from crashing. Can we please get a fixed quickly or take the game down a few hours to fix?

Turn sound off in the Audio tab of Game Options; uncheck the Sound Effects, Music, and First Mate box. It is a temporary Band-Aid on the crashing problem, its not perfect but it severely reduces them.

Turn sound off in the Audio tab of Game Options; uncheck the Sound Effects, Music, and First Mate box. It is a temporary Band-Aid on the crashing problem, its not perfect but it severely reduces them.

What exactly is it about the audio that's causing the crashing?

Do do Graphics matter

I can confirm that putting off the sound and all unnecessary options in the options tab does keep the memory leak controlled I was able to do a total of 10 successful material runs while keeping the a close eye on the memory in task manager, It cannot go over 2000mb. A crash will happen when near that value.

I hope this information is helpful

I can confirm that putting off the sound and all unnecessary options in the options tab does keep the memory leak controlled I was able to do a total of 10 successful material runs while keeping the a close eye on the memory in task manager, It cannot go over 2000mb. A crash will happen when near that value.

I hope this information is helpful
Thought this was fixed in one of the recent updates?

That all being said, I still love sailing!
I've watched all the AI improvements, and there's still lots of ground to cover, and I do admit I hate broadsides sometimes, but it's still my favorite aspect of the game!
Thanks devs!
Savor it!

Here's a little reason, among many, why I love sailing...

screenshot_2017-07-15_23-02-15.jpg

Note the loot, too many pages long to show, which took a good 15 minutes to sort through, not to mention the gold!
Savor it!

Here's a little reason, among many, why I love sailing...

View attachment 87432

Note the loot, too many pages long to show, which took a good 15 minutes to sort through, not to mention the gold!
Savor it!

OK mate, how long was the sailing trip, i bet is more than an hour, huh, i used to sail for 2 and a half hour straight , and receive 20k of gold with the captain bonus is 6k

OK mate, how long was the sailing trip, i bet is more than an hour, huh, i used to sail for 2 and a half hour straight , and receive 20k of gold with the captain bonus is 6k
LOL, naw, we sail for about 30 minutes at a time, to avoid crashing, since there's only 2 of us. Even then, we usually take turns crashing, but at least one is on board at all times.

Back