sailing loot issues

It's the same bug i think.
Was trying out my luck on your boat few days before, porting with full materials and skulls
Yet i got materials and gold only.
Nothing on the left side.
And everyone in your crew be like;' famed, ty eric'
So i kept quiet, because i think i were the only one to have this issue occurred to myself.
Haha, so embarrassed.
You were on my ship and skulls dropped while you were aboard and you got none? How many skulls dropped while you were there?

You were on my ship and skulls dropped while you were aboard and you got none? How many skulls dropped while you were there?

4 skulls there were.
Stick till the end and got nothing,
Except for some gold and materials

It has been my experience that when that bug is happening people tend to get exceptionally crazy good loot. Sorry it was to some degree at your expense.
It 's quite saddening to realize that I might be the only one who have no skulls.
Ahh...Don't worry,
As a luckless pirate,
I'll just pretend that I got all junk skulls.:(

again.. how misfortune..
i could have won the most unfortunate in leaderboard if any
01.png
02.png
03.png

another one..
so weird, ended up with 2 skulls
i got no skulls at all, but some pouches??
what the...
please fix this crazy bug
i didn't load UNlucky charm while doing cannoneering
001.png
002.png
003.png

this time..
the whole server was glitched without hunters
only war ships were around
and i only got 1 out of 3 skulls
already considering this as my best of the day.. :(
1.png
Untitled-2.png
3.png
4.png

I don’t think that the bug you are experiencing is the same bug that I’m used to seeing, your description and screenshots just have a different feel to me. Maybe it’s something more rare that is happening to you???

@Eric Sailcutter
@Bart Gunshot
@Marvin Wolf
@Boots/Darkness
@The Crew
basically i have the same problem as this thread
and what i wanted to say is it is not yet fixed.
thanks.

It's been over half a year since I made that post (and much longer since that bug has been around) and we haven't seen much of a solution or any transparency to this issue since. Unfortunately, we'll have to play the waiting game to see if there will ever be a solution this.

There is at least one developer that does/didn’t believe that there are/were bugs in sailing loot even after screenshots were shown, screenshots apparently can be faked. It seems to me that everyone that sails more than very occasionally must have seen these bugs and noticed that they didn’t get what they should have.

Like me :D of course every skull that doesn’t have a Pirate Slayer Mark is a junk skull to me, lol.
Oh, I wish ! Haha!

Any chance we can see screenshots which are not altered? I hope your experience improves soon.
Thanks.
My bad, really, can't use photoshop well.

I don’t think that the bug you are experiencing is the same bug that I’m used to seeing, your description and screenshots just have a different feel to me. Maybe it’s something more rare that is happening to you???
Well..
Congratulations to me,
I am the secretly Chosen One?
The unknown species?
Ok...

It's been over half a year since I made that post (and much longer since that bug has been around) and we haven't seen much of a solution or any transparency to this issue since. Unfortunately, we'll have to play the waiting game to see if there will ever be a solution this.
@commonsense123
'You are not alone, I am here with you. Though...'
Have you got yours solved?
I was really happy when I saw your thread back at the time I first had this issue.
Someone finally mentioned this bug.
Thought it 'd be fixed since.

There is at least one developer that does/didn’t believe that there are/were bugs in sailing loot even after screenshots were shown, screenshots apparently can be faked. It seems to me that everyone that sails more than very occasionally must have seen these bugs and noticed that they didn’t get what they should have.
100% real time screenshots ! I swear!

@The Crew
Hello from the other side
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for bothering you
However I hope this bug can be fixed someday...

I see this all the time when I sail. I just figure it's part of beta and don't worry about it. I used to report it a lot, but it's so common I stopped reporting it. Perhaps I shouldn't be as lackadaisical about it.

i have no idea why
i am very sure i tagged the ships which drop loot skull chests
however when i got on shore
nothing shows on the left side of my loot chart
i only got gold and materials
please someone
tell me why
it happens to my every pirate
it's very saddening
This is an issue which we've been trying to track down for quite some time now. We've implemented some data-gathering in past updates to try and shed more light on the problem.

My theory is that sailing loot containers are not following the same "requirements" as land loot containers are. For example, a loot skull chest on land must contain at least two items, e.g. a common piece of clothing and a common weapon. At sea, it appears that loot skull chests are not following these requirements, and sometimes they only generate gold. Gold is automatically collected and thus will remove that container from your view when you dock.

@commonsense123
'You are not alone, I am here with you. Though...'
Have you got yours solved?
I was really happy when I saw your thread back at the time I first had this issue.
Someone finally mentioned this bug.
Thought it 'd be fixed since.

It seems that our issue is similar, so it hasn't been solved yet. I look forward to any dev team insight about this issue and their resolution progress.

I see this all the time when I sail. I just figure it's part of beta and don't worry about it. I used to report it a lot, but it's so common I stopped reporting it. Perhaps I shouldn't be as lackadaisical about it.
Thanks for the reply.
It is still uncommon to me,
as most of my friends have not encountered this yet.

This is an issue which we've been trying to track down for quite some time now. We've implemented some data-gathering in past updates to try and shed more light on the problem.

My theory is that sailing loot containers are not following the same "requirements" as land loot containers are. For example, a loot skull chest on land must contain at least two items, e.g. a common piece of clothing and a common weapon. At sea, it appears that loot skull chests are not following these requirements, and sometimes they only generate gold. Gold is automatically collected and thus will remove that container from your view when you dock.
Thanks for your explanation.
Yeah, skull loots on land are mostly combination of gold+item.
I thought it deals the same for sea loots.

It seems that our issue is similar, so it hasn't been solved yet. I look forward to any dev team insight about this issue and their resolution progress.
Me three.
Looking forward to it!

An interesting theory. I suspect that there’s more to it than just that but your theory does explain what mechanics might cause a skull chest to go missing. The main reason I think that there’s more to it is that this bug definitely is more prevalent on the popular server and if it was just that occasional skulls had only gold then there must be some reason that the gold only skulls are much more common on the popular server. It’s also important to consider that when this is happening loot that does show up is often crazy good, a famed in every skull kinda good.

An interesting theory. I suspect that there’s more to it than just that but your theory does explain what mechanics might cause a skull chest to go missing. The main reason I think that there’s more to it is that this bug definitely is more prevalent on the popular server and if it was just that occasional skulls had only gold then there must be some reason that the gold only skulls are much more common on the popular server. It’s also important to consider that when this is happening loot that does show up is often crazy good, a famed in every skull kinda good.

Never ever had this luck.

Could it be a theory like:
Those who got crazy good loots from sailing,
maybe they accumulated the loots from those who got none for the same sailing sessions on the same server ??
'Just my opinion.'

Ahhh... Please please please tell me how to overcome this?
Sailed two times earlier,
got two skulls only from total six skulls.
Nothing good nothing blue. Just like normal pouches.
Ahhh...

We're sailing away,
Junk skulls and No skulls awaits on every shore
Yarr har fiddle dee dee
If you love to sail the sea
'Nope, not with these skulls...'

Last edited:

Never ever had this luck.

Could it be a theory like:
Those who got crazy good loots from sailing,
maybe they accumulated the loots from those who got none for the same sailing sessions on the same server ??
'Just my opinion.'

Ahhh... Please please please tell me how to overcome this?
Sailed two times earlier,
got two skulls only from total six skulls.
Nothing good nothing blue. Just like normal pouches.
Ahhh...

We're sailing away,
Junk skulls and No skulls awaits on every shore
Yarr har fiddle dee dee
If you love to sail the sea
'Nope, not with these skulls...'
I’ve had that thought too but I feel like the amount of super good loot generally goes far beyond what went missing. If you loot run on Abassa you will eventually get those crazy good results and see what I’m talking about, I see it quite often. I still love the sailing in this game and will continue to sail even though there’s nothing left for me to find sailing but Pirate Slayer Marks.

I’ve had that thought too but I feel like the amount of super good loot generally goes far beyond what went missing. If you loot run on Abassa you will eventually get those crazy good results and see what I’m talking about, I see it quite often. I still love the sailing in this game and will continue to sail even though there’s nothing left for me to find sailing but Pirate Slayer Marks.
Abassa and the server with most players were the servers i tested.
No skulls or junk skulls most of the time.

Of course, i could choose to loot on land,
playing other mini games, poker, fishing, make potions,
but still sailing is the best to me.
Just have to endure with the bad loots :(

Back