Sailing Skull chests almost guaranteed a famed?

alex stewart

Dockworker
So I've noticed recently that famed items have been appearing quite often after mat runs, in the skull loot chests myself and my guild members have been getting. Whether it be because of treasure sense or not, we are getting upwards of three or four skull chests per run. When we dock at least two members of the crew end up receiving famed weapons or even Lost Sword. Maybe its just a coincidence from monday and tuesday, but I want to believe something is changing about sailing loot because that many famed in two nights is note-worthy in my opinion. Anyone else hitting the jackpot with sail loot recently?

Seemed to be that way to me and my guild members too I got divine repeater, and the others got Admiral's class swords all in a day which seemed odd. One run a guy post landing said he got two silver freeze and another run someone got their first legend in el patron.

Ahoy alex stewart!

Personally I haven't noticed an entirely large change in Sailing drops for Loot Skull Chests. I've always tended to pick up most Famed Weapons the game drops (To note rarity, etc, of course.), but I haven't seen a progressive spike into the recent weeks.

It may just be luck of the draw, but either way, congratulations on you and your guild members' multitude of finds!

Fair Winds,
Misha

It comes in waves for me it seems. I can have a good couple of days and drop famed like crazy and here lately, every skull has been junk. Almost seems like their random generator needs more randomizing LOL.

I've visited Abassa for the last 2 weeks or and my pirates get at least one famed if not 2 from a mat run , even a Legendary ..... Alot are repeats though .

There is some kind of bug that seems to occur on the busy server, might happen on quiet ones too but I've not seen it, and is occasional that gives out great loot. You can't count on it but when it's happening your loot will be 10 times better than normal, lol. I say it might happen on quiet servers because I feel it is related to or possibly even a manifestation of the bug that causes missing skulls and for that matter missing and extra loot of all types, most ppl only know about the missing skulls but it's much more than that. That bug does occur on all servers, it's just much more pronounced on the busy one.

Last edited:
I have reported what causes this bug to the developers nearly a year ago. - It is indeed a bug within the server and is an issue with how loot is distributed. You can find this bug mostly occurring on servers with a lot of lag or a large population.

The bug also causes "Ghost skulls" - This is when you port with 5 skulls and only get 1-3 of them. [Sometimes even none.]

I have reported what causes this bug to the developers nearly a year ago. - It is indeed a bug within the server and is an issue with how loot is distributed. You can find this bug mostly occurring on servers with a lot of lag or a large population.

The bug also causes "Ghost skulls" - This is when you port with 5 skulls and only get 1-3 of them. [Sometimes even none.]
It is likely that the same bug also causes items to not be ejected from your loot even though it looks like they were ejected from your hold. During my Treasure Sense study I recorded the results of 40 runs and every run ended with exactly 16 items in the hold but when I ported I got 11 to 21 items in a quite random looking spread. Those runs were on random servers. So, it's not just missing items and fantastic loot on the busy server. I really think this bug is happening everywhere it's just that the more notable manifestations of it are on the busy server, possibly as you suggest due to lag.

Last edited:
Ported with 8 skulls in only 30 minutes of sailing and no famed or legendary. The only thing guaranteed is there are no guarantees.

Loot skulls are a lot better on busy servers which is more inline with what the OP was talking about
I've been on plenty of runs where I got nothing out of loot skull chests on the busy server and plenty of runs where I get just common stuff out of them. There is no guaranteed famed out of sailing runs. The only guarantee is there is no guarantee. You certainly have no data to prove otherwise and your experience means squat to me.

I've been on plenty of runs where I got nothing out of loot skull chests on the busy server and plenty of runs where I get just common stuff out of them. There is no guaranteed famed out of sailing runs. The only guarantee is there is no guarantee. You certainly have no data to prove otherwise and your experience means squat to me.
There is a bug in sailing loot that can cause many famed to drop. Sometimes, when it's happening, you will get 4 or 5 famed in a run and when that happens you can repeat it over and over with huge rewards, I do have a few screenshots of this. I have also gone many runs in a row where I got nothing even though I probably should have. My feeling is that the missing skulls and other containers, extra containers, poor loot, and exceptionally good loot are all different manifestations of the same bug.

That certainly makes sense, I've once gotten two "Vice Admiral" swords from the same loot run, one a Broadsword and one a Cutlass. The following run I got an "Admiral's Sabre". It seems to me that "Admiral" is kinda common out at sea, whether it be "Vice" or not. Another thing, is I HAVE exhibited having a multitude of Skull Chests (I believe I had 4 in one run that day) and it gave me nothing except Thunder Ammo. You can imagine my disappointment, when hoping for the DIVINE Musket. xD All the while that day in having all this happen in the drops, I was with a large crew on each run and it was on a busy server. Hope that helps toward matching up evidence and experiences to confirm things.

Back