Suggestion Sailing

ben cannonshot

Sea Legs
Alright 3 things needed
1. Sailing overhaul update
-Functional sailing items
-possible new enemy in counter (*cough Kraken been in Original game files since its alpha cough*)
- immersive sailing (Better AI movement, auto lock cannons)
-captain cabin (chest storage for items player home)
- Fixed AI on flag ships
- Cannon Defence back
2. Immersive fighting
-AI now fight each other navy that are right next to undeads now fight (was in Original game it looks dumb now that they don't)
-better AI movement (less teleporting)
-fix parry to actually do something
-fix all visuals for weapons (eg. a staff wither effect or fireball can be seen by others)
3. Move in to full release when sailing items and cannon defence is finished

Yes, you will be happy to know that quite a few of what you listed is on the Devs to do list. :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking that just fixing sailing itself would suffice for now.
Ridiculous broadsides firing every way but where aimed, Hunters moving sideways and weaving in and out of a stationary spot and then sailing literally sideways, broken loot, etc.
Fix those items first maybe?
(Well, either that, or breaking them was the fix, thus make sailing a non issue now... LOL!)
And this latest loot thingy...
Seems like we just can't get it to where it needs to be.
Loot was stacking before, now it cuts off short.
I'm guessing the loot system from POTCO just isn't an option?
Anyways, I'm sure it will all get fixed sooner or later.
Adding new content should be on the back burner to the main features, at least for now anyway.

Hoping for better ship spawns and routes rather then a clutter of ships that tangle up and don't move , It's great for the exploit for Mat runs but terrible for leveling !

I'm thinking that just fixing sailing itself would suffice for now.
Ridiculous broadsides firing every way but where aimed, Hunters moving sideways and weaving in and out of a stationary spot and then sailing literally sideways, broken loot, etc.
Fix those items first maybe?
(Well, either that, or breaking them was the fix, thus make sailing a non issue now... LOL!)
And this latest loot thingy...
Seems like we just can't get it to where it needs to be.
Loot was stacking before, now it cuts off short.
I'm guessing the loot system from POTCO just isn't an option?
Anyways, I'm sure it will all get fixed sooner or later.
Adding new content should be on the back burner to the main features, at least for now anyway.
I've only noticed the infamous backfire interms of broadsides aim being off, are you getting something else? The backfire thing seems to happen when hunters and/or sotl are hot on your tail. It is super annoying.

I've only noticed the infamous backfire interms of broadsides aim being off, are you getting something else? The backfire thing seems to happen when hunters and/or sotl are hot on your tail. It is super annoying.
Oh? LOL, I've seen all sorts of wacky broadsides, but I sail a war brig and you a war frigate, which may explain the differences.
In a war brig there are the rear shots, the opposite side shots (shoot one side, shots emerge from the opposite side), the opposite rear/forward angle shot (shoot one side, shots emerge at an angle off the opposite side, either towards the rear or front, randomly), the in the air or under water shot, where the shots go nowhere and land where you're sailing, the "I see nothing" shot, where the shots miss virtually everything, even tho you've done a rodeo roundup and have literally 40 ships chasing you in circles, the slow motion to nowhere shot, where your shots emerge in hyperspace and appear to be traveling at light speed, yet caught in a time warp, where they barely move 2 feet off the side, and of course, the infamous "spatter" shot, where you can't hit the side of a barn, or a floating bull's eye (like any war galleon), even tho yer right next to it and yer shots spatter the sails of the intended target and any surrounding ships (always Corsairs...), creating instant mayhem, when all you wanted was to hit the 1 ship for a quest. And finally, there's the shots that seem to aim at other pirate ships and decidedly NOT at any enemies, missing all by miles.
If I've left any errant shots out, please let me know!

Oh? LOL, I've seen all sorts of wacky broadsides, but I sail a war brig and you a war frigate, which may explain the differences.
In a war brig there are the rear shots, the opposite side shots (shoot one side, shots emerge from the opposite side), the opposite rear/forward angle shot (shoot one side, shots emerge at an angle off the opposite side, either towards the rear or front, randomly), the in the air or under water shot, where the shots go nowhere and land where you're sailing, the "I see nothing" shot, where the shots miss virtually everything, even tho you've done a rodeo roundup and have literally 40 ships chasing you in circles, the slow motion to nowhere shot, where your shots emerge in hyperspace and appear to be traveling at light speed, yet caught in a time warp, where they barely move 2 feet off the side, and of course, the infamous "spatter" shot, where you can't hit the side of a barn, or a floating bull's eye (like any war galleon), even tho yer right next to it and yer shots spatter the sails of the intended target and any surrounding ships (always Corsairs...), creating instant mayhem, when all you wanted was to hit the 1 ship for a quest. And finally, there's the shots that seem to aim at other pirate ships and decidedly NOT at any enemies, missing all by miles.
If I've left any errant shots out, please let me know!
Now that you mention it I have seen some of those others, the wrong side and slow motion particularly. The backfire is common, others are less common but yea they happen at bad times. I seems obvious to me that all these misfires are caused by ships in close proximity that somehow override the proper aim subroutine.

Last edited:
Alright 3 things needed
1. Sailing overhaul update
-Functional sailing items
-possible new enemy in counter (*cough Kraken been in Original game files since its alpha cough*)
- immersive sailing (Better AI movement, auto lock cannons)
-captain cabin (chest storage for items player home)
- Fixed AI on flag ships
- Cannon Defence back
2. Immersive fighting
-AI now fight each other navy that are right next to undeads now fight (was in Original game it looks dumb now that they don't)
-better AI movement (less teleporting)
-fix parry to actually do something
-fix all visuals for weapons (eg. a staff wither effect or fireball can be seen by others)
3. Move in to full release when sailing items and cannon defence is finished
the game's in beta dude. all in good time.

Back