Idea Salazar's Ship

How does this idea sound?

• Total voters
In an event that happens once a month for twelve months, Captain Salazar's ship is spotted in uncharted waters, however it is not specified where. It is a ship of level 49+ that is as hard to defeat as a warship.
It shoots fury, explosives and lightning bolts. It can be anywhere in uncharted waters and is a task to find. The event goes on for twenty four hours. When defeated, his ship respawns a good hour later.

Captain Salazar is a long time enemy of Captain Jack Sparrow who made his appearance in the fifth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie, or "Pirates of the Caribbean; Dead Men Tell no Tales". He can be categorized as undead due to a curse after Jack causes his death and the death of his crew. He haunts the seas with his name.
pirates-of-the-caribbean-5_640x480_41495714828.jpg

His ship could have the same effect as it does in the movie being able to have the hull open up and crush your ship, dealing 500 damage to your ship's hull. This phenomenon can only happen once in the entire battle. Once you destroy his ship, your ship becomes a flag ship and his crew comes onto your ship to attack in two waves. The first waves has his undead crew members, who range from levels 25-30. The second wave gives more of his crew, this time levels 30-33, and Salazar himself as a boss, the difficulty of Darkhart, but can stay only one level, which is 35.

Of course i am no coder, but obviously with the game being in Beta, this couldn't be achieved until full game release, but it was an idea that i have had since i watched the movie in theaters. It is of course all up to the developers. I have provided a vote (see poll) as to whether or not this is a good idea.

There would be a huge issue regarding the idea because the "pirates" movies are disney's property. They already dislike the fact that this game exists again and i don't see the tlopo staff risking anything. Don't get me wrong i really like the idea but it can't be Salazar

Adding the Silent Mary would be a big thing but his crew could simply use Ghost enemies from the mines with new names.

Spanish Navy Ghost

There would be a huge issue regarding the idea because the "pirates" movies are disney's property. They already dislike the fact that this game exists again and i don't see the tlopo staff risking anything. Don't get me wrong i really like the idea but it can't be Salazar
Where did they say they dislike the fact that tlopo exists? If I was disney I'd be happy people are keeping the game alive

If Disney was really concerned about Legends being a copyright issue, they would have issued a cease and desist letter
Why take further risks, though? Personally, I believe that the TLOPO team should take this opportunity to unleash their creativity and add new content (that isn't included in the POTC franchise).

To please everyone, they can use the ideas and themes depicted in POTC as inspiration without blatantly ripping it off.

Why take further risks, though? Personally, I believe that the TLOPO team should take this opportunity to unleash their creativity and add new content (that isn't included in the POTC franchise).

To please everyone, they can use the ideas and themes depicted in POTC as inspiration without blatantly ripping it off.

Oh no doubt. And they already are with upcoming new islands and quests.

Where did they say they dislike the fact that tlopo exists? If I was disney I'd be happy people are keeping the game alive
Disney is not happy with all these games. On October 10th, 2017, they emailed Club Penguin Rewritten and threatened to change the name or shut it down. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried that with this game. The dev's are already cutting it close by using Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elisabeth Swan and others.

Disney is not happy with all these games. On October 10th, 2017, they emailed Club Penguin Rewritten and threatened to change the name or shut it down. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried that with this game. The dev's are already cutting it close by using Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Elisabeth Swan and others.
If that were true then club penguin rewritten would of been renamed or even closed right now, also is there any evidence disney even sent an email?
Edit: I guess you were right I just checked out their twitter it's pretty messed up they're doing this there's another club penguin game that actually has things that you can buy for real money and that game has been around longer

Last edited:
If that were true then club penguin rewritten would of been renamed or even closed right now, also is there any evidence disney even sent an email?
Edit: I guess you were right I just checked out their twitter it's pretty messed up they're doing this there's another club penguin game that actually has things that you can buy for real money and that game has been around longer
Yeah, it's messed up. Although, I agree with them taking down the site that costed money to get stuff. You can't profit off someone else's work. However, CPR and TLOPO are free so...

I agree 100%

I agree 100%
After all, POTCO was a disney based game and it still is. The developers should be able to use content from disney in a disney based game. They still have the characters from pirates of the Carribean. Why not continue it.

Besides, if Disney was so concerned about the developers ripping off the movies, they Wouldn't have given them access to the game because of course they are going to take from the movies. It's what the game is based on.

It was different with club penguin rewritten. I am not sure that the remakers were even granted access to remake the game.

After all, POTCO was a disney based game and it still is. The developers should be able to use content from disney in a disney based game. They still have the characters from pirates of the Carribean. Why not continue it.

Besides, if Disney was so concerned about the developers ripping off the movies, they Wouldn't have given them access to the game because of course they are going to take from the movies. It's what the game is based on.

It was different with club penguin rewritten. I am not sure that the remakers were even granted access to remake the game.
Sorry @Wolf Warwrecker but the developers were not granted access to the game.

I can see the possible problems with regards to Disney.

But, I like the general idea.......having it spawn in random places, only happening one day a month, the 2 waves of mobs followed by a boss...also the fact that it's not land based.

Maybe the devs could use these ideas as inspiration, but without actually basing it specifically around Salazar. :)

I'd love to see some sea based bosses :)

I can see the possible problems with regards to Disney.

But, I like the general idea.......having it spawn in random places, only happening one day a month, the 2 waves of mobs followed by a boss...also the fact that it's not land based.

Maybe the devs could use these ideas as inspiration, but without actually basing it specifically around Salazar. :)

I'd love to see some sea based bosses :)
We do need more sea bosses, but in general we need better bosses in TLOPO. Bosses that are possible to solo (unlike Foulberto) but are a challenge and something hard. It needs to be more epic. Like fighting waves before the bosses.

We do need more sea bosses, but in general we need better bosses in TLOPO. Bosses that are possible to solo (unlike Foulberto) but are a challenge and something hard. It needs to be more epic. Like fighting waves before the bosses.
I wouldn't call waves of enemies challenging since the core mechanics are too simple. In order for the bosses to be challenging, there could be multiple strategies and tactics that can be employed to defeat the boss. And not a single set of tactics, too. It should be unpredictable.

There could be a set of randomized perks every instance. Upon spawning, the boss gains two random perks that are unknown to the player. They have to figure them out as they fight the boss. Upon finding them out, they can proceed to fight the boss and take on the steps required to kill the boss.

I'm going to create a thread regarding enhanced bosses and perks in the suggestions section of the forum - I'll post the link here when I'm done if anyone's interested.

THREAD - Enhanced bosses, boss types, perk system

Last edited:
Back