Suggestion Save the loot when you crash

I've crashed around 4-5 times today after some 30 min loot runs. I really hate my life sometimes. I tried doing settings for crashing less but it doesn't help. Maybe put up the loot screen again so you can take your loot back when you relogin after a crash??

EDIT: 5th time in a row
EDIT: 6th time in a row. Does this ever stop?
EDIT: 7th time in a row. I might aswell go afk for every mat run on random ships
EDIT: 8th time.

TL;DR after 4PM today I was not able to port anywhere without getting a crash/infinite loading screen. This is it and I'm going to spend the rest of my grind being afk on people's ships. This is ridiculous when I spend hours and hours farming skulls to not even open a single one of them.

Last edited:
If a feature like this was implemented, it would be counter-productive. We are in beta, we should expect crashes. We just have to wait for all of the bugs to be worked out.

It would make more sense for developers to try to fix the crashes rather than implementing a feature that relies on crashes to take place.

If a feature like this was implemented, it would be counter-productive. We are in beta, we should expect crashes. We just have to wait for all of the bugs to be worked out.

It would make more sense for developers to try to fix the crashes rather than implementing a feature that relies on crashes to take place.
ok so imagine you have never had a good weapon. right? and there is a legendary weapon in your loot, ur inventory has space. BAM CRASH

If more pirates who have the infinite loading screen/frozen screen when porting after exiting game, post their last/most recent log(and computer info) when it happened....think how much info the devs would have for many, many different player systems...some players get python errors, some get panda errors, some its anti virus problems, and graphics issues...but sometimes, theres a common issue. They can't get a complete picture without more data. If they can't get enough varied data, how can game progress. Just a handful of logs are posted weekly,,,,,If you crash constantly, post your system info and your log please.

If more pirates who have the infinite loading screen/frozen screen when porting after exiting game, post their last/most recent log(and computer info) when it happened....think how much information the devs would have for many, many different player systems...some players get python errors, some get panda errors, some its anti virus problems, and graphics issues...but sometimes, theres a common issue. They can't get a complete picture without more data. If they can't get enough varied data, how can game progress. Just a handful of logs are posted weekly,,,,,If you crash constantly, post your system info and your log please.
well can u explain what u mean by logs

In your tlopo game folder find the log folder scroll down to bottom , should be your most recent log. When you post in forum , see tab at bottom for posting,,,in middle theres one for "upload a file". You will navigate to the game folder....to log...to the specific log,,,, then upload it.

I've crashed around 4-5 times today after some 30 min loot runs. I really hate my life sometimes. I tried doing settings for crashing less but it doesn't help. Maybe put up the loot screen again so you can take your loot back when you relogin after a crash??

EDIT: 5th time in a row
EDIT: 6th time in a row. Does this ever stop?
EDIT: 7th time in a row. I might aswell go afk for every mat run on random ships
EDIT: 8th time.

TL;DR after 4PM today I was not able to port anywhere without getting a crash/infinite loading screen. This is it and I'm going to spend the rest of my grind being afk on people's ships. This is ridiculous when I spend hours and hours farming skulls to not even open a single one of them.

Turn off fancy loading screen, I starting doing that 2 days ago and I haven't crashed since :)

Last edited:
Turn of fancy loading screen, I starting doing that 2 days ago and I haven't crashed since :)
My friend used fancy loading screen and got the loading screen glitch on the next run. It didn’t seem to help. Haven’t tested it too much myself, I usually stop playing when I randomly crash.

Sorry to hear this is such a frequent issue for you. I get it about 60 percent of the time when the servers are busy and I know it happens a lot to many other players too.
It's just one of the problems we are all experiencing at this stage of beta that will be fixed when the Devs work outs what's causing it.
However I can't see how you going afk on every ship from now on is going to prevent you from crashing and loosing loot. Only that you will be inconveniencing other players who also may not load at the end of the loot/mat run.
The way I see it is that even if I crash/infinite loading screen, I have gained XP/gold/mats along the way and had fun with other players.

I hope you find a way to enjoy the game while it's having its "teething problems" :)

I personally would enjoy this as a temporary fix, while they work out all the other bugs out. It would make loot runs more fun...to me anyway.
The sea portion of the game is where i'm at 95% of the time I play.
But yeah we are in beta as you said and we should expect crashes but having this as a temporary fix would make the crashes more bearable.

I personally would enjoy this as a temporary fix, while they work out all the other bugs out. It would make loot runs more fun...to me anyway.
The sea portion of the game is where i'm at 95% of the time I play.
But yeah we are in beta as you said and we should expect crashes but having this as a temporary fix would make the crashes more bearable.

Potential things to think about:
1) How do you programmatically define "crash"?
2) How do you do the above that allows the game to perform the necessary tasks before dying?
3) When exactly should the game note when a "crash" has taken place? (Think about the infinite loading screen. Would those affected by the infinite loading screen be saved by this band-aid? Is it fair if they don't?)
4) How do you accomplish all of the above in a way that is invulnerable to exploitation?
5) Do we need extra load on the servers to monitor every pirate just to make sure they took loot after sailing?

While this would be nice to have, it is self-defeating. Why not just focus on fixing crashes (which is already hard enough) instead of dividing the developer's time like this?

Back