1. MacOS Community: Apple, Inc at the Worldwide Developers Conference has recently announced changes to MacOS Mojave that will be impacting TLOPO's compatibility in the future. Read the latest blog post to see what this means for you.

Savvy Swashbucklers! (06/08/11)

Discussion in 'POTCO News and Updates' started by Isaiah Ropeswine, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Isaiah Ropeswine

Isaiah Ropeswine Wanted Pirate

Whether fearlessly risking it all to rescue captured GMs, or selflessly healing injured friends while dodging La Schafe’s cutlass aboard the Queen Anne’s Revenge, many Pirates prove their worth every day in the Caribbean.
    It’s time once again to spotlight a single Pirate who deserves our highest recognition for being one of the Savviest Swashbucklers in the Caribbean!

From June 8 to June 24, we want to honor a special Pirate who aids others, shows great bravery, and relies on rascally wit in the face of menacing foes, all while keeping to the Pirate Code. If you know a Pirate who fits this description, let us know by replying to this News Item using the comment field below only.

The nominee most uniquely true to the Pirate spirit will be recognized as being the savviest Pirate in the Caribbean – a true Savvy Swashbuckler!

When you reply with your nomination, please include the following information:

• Name and level of the Pirate you are nominating
    • The Guild in which the Pirate is a member
    • Reason why you think the Pirate deserves this honor. Tell us their tale! We want to hear what makes this Pirate a true Savvy Swashbuckler!
    • Which island can we find this Pirate on… if we want to go sailing with him or her.

[​IMG]

Entries will only be accepted through replies to this News Item, so make sure you send in your nomination by replying using the comment field below.
    Put the spotlight on a deserving Pirate today!

http://blog.piratesonline.go.com/blog/pirates/entry/savvy_sawshbucklers

Charlotte Truebonney likes this.
  2. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

O_O! I guess we'll cast our vote and the reason for our choice on Potco website, since we have done this on the Forums (the Forums version of the same event) at the beginning of this year ...

3. Basil Darkratte

Site Founder

Davy, your name is going in! :D

Rose Sunslipper, Maha and JadeOHayes like this.
  4. Johnny Mak

Lead Mod

i'll be sticking with my prior choice of star :) as we already voted on this as a forum maybe toss in a good word for my boy Igor :) lol

Raven Trueheart likes this.
  5. Bobby Flat Foot

Hmm.... Gimme a day and I'll get back to you on that...

6. Constance O'hara

Constance O'hara Pirate Lord

Lol I'm soooo putting
    "MYSELF! I'M SO TOTALLY AWESOME, I CAN PWN ALL OF ANDABA IN ONE WAR FRIGATE SHIP LIFE"
    'Cause it's true. lol.
    Steel ram works wonders, my friends! (well not necessarily friends, idk half of the ppl on here ._.)

Captain Peanut Butter likes this.
  7. Emerald

Emerald Dockworker

i wish i could remember the name of this pirate, i heard rumors of, he rose from being just a regular guy with ambitions of being the top on the leaderboards. Last i heard he was number one. I think he would be my choice, i just cant remember his name, he is big guy. I am glad he realized his dream.;)

8. Captain Sharktooth

Captain Sharktooth Wanted Pirate

Is that Invincible Warlord you're thinking of? He certainly is awesome!

This event can get annoying though, as it is usually a popularity contest, and many Guildmasters make their guild vote for them.

I'm not really sure who I'll vote for, could take a while. Time to turn my thinky switch on....

Eric Guneagle likes this.
  9. Captian Morgan Kid

Site Founder

their was this guy called Cyrus the Virus who got to his goal of top pirate about 3 years ago, but got caught useing illeagel software and was band for life. all his unreal stats were removed from the game. it's good to see an honest, hard working pirate like johnny mak get up there. :D

10. Will Nightwolf

Will Nightwolf Legendary Pirate
    Site Founder

Promised by vote to ray ray of abassa a long time ago and don't intend to break my promise

11. Misty Moonlight

Site Founder

Waitin' for the list of candidates..but was leaning toward..
    1. Jolly and his minions
    2. LaSchafe and the Jumbees

12. Isaiah Ropeswine

Isaiah Ropeswine Wanted Pirate

No no no no no... Please get your facts right... First of all, Cyrus was never #1... highest he got was overall #7.... Secondly, cyrus NEVER used any illegal programs AT ALL. I knew Cyrus, we were good friends... This guy is 100% legit. Third, what you see of his pirate deleted now did not happen three years ago... He deleted his pirate last year because he was tired of rankingamd wanted to start over. He quit the game about 6 months ago with all new mastered pirates... He currently is an officer in The Dark Mist... But does not come on much. Please don't make up stuff mate, or go by rumors, if you don't know the real story...

13. Captian Morgan Kid

Site Founder

If what you say is true i am man enough to express my apogee to you and your friend. This was second hand informaton from a few sources a couple of years ago. It was my bad to ever put said pirates name in there to start with. However the cheating back then was fairly common and several pirates were band from the game. It is a good thing that POTCO has taken measures to prevent most of this from happening now days. I think the article may help any readers who may wish to try that sort of software that they will be band from the game. of course the pirates name must be removed from the piece. Thanks so much for bringing this matter to light.

14. ElizaCreststeel

Wiki Staff

I love so many pirates in this game, but for me there was only one choice. The Dread Pirate - Jinsai. Granted, she is a friend and an officer. But, she's a founder who still plays regularly and loves helping new pirates. She's made a number of game play videos and achieved quite of bit of notoriety for various feats. Also, earlier this year - her player went to Japan right after the quick to aid the victims. She is a saint.

Bad likes this.
  15. Meg!

Meg! Notorious Pirate

I never win myself, but i think it would be cool it see a friend win :)

16. william prowskull

william prowskull Buccaneer

They had not announced it live yet they should strange

17. Captain Hi

Captain Hi Pirate Lord

Oh boy time tp vote i thinks i shall vote me mr de la avericia yes he is truly a pirate he gets paid for sleeping oh and i thinks ill vpte for the jail guards to thank them for letting me get away i wonder if they r in a coma or something nothing can wake them oh wait this is a popularity contest that means some ppl will vote for le porc instead so i dont think he will win