Savvy Swashbucklers!

Treasurer

Site Founder
So Pirates decided to Open a new contest to find "the savvy swashbuckler",

So this might be a very good initiative, because it creates some motivation for pirates to be a great example to others, but there is other flip of the coin -

From the talking point experience of someone who has been nominated before last year, one of our friends Igor,

He expresses the contest is pointless is for pure fame, there is no reward, no wallpaper, no weapons, no gold, just words!.

Here is the news article, which can be of high significance for someone who wants to be known in the Caribbean.

Avast there ye motley crew of rascals, knaves and scoundrels! It's time - once again - to recognize the finest, bravest Pirate in all the Caribbean. Whether he's been known to beat back Jolly Roger's Invasions with one hand tied behind his back or evading Beckett's EITC forces while whistling a sea shanty, this is the Pirate of all Pirates and deserves our highest recognition.​
Starting from October 6 - October 20, we want to honor those special Pirates who've aided others, demonstrated great courage, and used their wits in the face of almost unbeatable foes. If you know such a Pirate, let us know by e-mailing us! The Pirate who's most unique and true to the Pirate spirit will be recognized as being the savviest Pirate in the Caribbean - a true Savvy Swashbuckler!​
Sending us your choice is simple. E-mail us at: memberservices@piratesonline.com with the subject line, "Savvy Swashbucklers" and include the following information:​
* Name and level of the Pirate you are nominating​
* The Guild in which the Pirate is a member​
* Reason why you think this Pirate deserves to win. Make sure to tell us their tale! We want to hear what makes this Pirate a true Savvy Swashbuckler​
* Which island can we find this Pirate on ... if we want to go sailing with them​
Entries will only be accepted through e-mail. Make sure to send your choices to: memberservices@piratesonline.com with the subject line, "Savvy Swashbucklers."​
Help us in recognizing the unsung, heroic Pirates in the Caribbean, and start e-mailing us today!​
What: Savvy Swashbucklers​
When: October 6 - October 20​
Where: E-mail us your choices at: memberservices@piratesonline.com

You would think that at the very least they could come up with some wallpaper for it. I can see where it would generate some fame for both the pirate and the guild the pirate belongs to however considering there is something like 30,000+ or so players to POTCO it takes a bit to be a cut above the rest. Now that the updates have gone through for R.C. things have settled down again. I would think they would go for a more public type in game event like putting out the roast pork for those poor weary and battered pirates returning from R.C.

Eh, I never got the wallpaper to download from the "Best Guild " competition.

But, that's another rant!

Misty you and I talked about that ... I never received mine either. Well, they sent them but the link did not work. I finally got mine from Carlos. I will post them here and you can copy the image.

Misty you and I talked about that ... I never received mine either. Well, they sent them but the link did not work. I finally got mine from Carlos. I will post them here and you can copy the image.

Thanks De. Almost every person I asked didn't get that wallpaper link to work. Not cool at all!

Misty it will not let me post the image for some reason. When you are on next send me a message and I can send you it through email.

Actually I will tell you what happened. Disney sent broken links. And you could only get it to work if you were savvy enough to find out there was a "new line" in the links they sent. So you would have to go in about the middle of the link, and back space to fix it, but if you just click on it, it would be a broken link. And they also made an other mistake whens sending them but that is another story.

Well I guess I was not Savvy enough :p

However, they should have resent them or done something for all the people who did not receive them. That is not very nice of the mouse. :(

Actually I will tell you what happened. Disney sent broken links. And you could only get it to work if you were savvy enough to find out there was a "new line" in the links they sent. So you would have to go in about the middle of the link, and back space to fix it, but if you just click on it, it would be a broken link. And they also made an other mistake whens sending them but that is another story.
I talked to them about that "other mistake" and got a response from the customer support manager. They said they are putting systems in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Helga says the last Savvy Swashbuckler caused Helga to use Phantom Spirits for two weeks. Helga says that Igor became so popular Igor had to hide out on quiet servers and pretend Igor did not exist. Helga says to apply for it only if you want to have the fame of the Marceline guild heaped on you for some time.

Back