Scarlet of tortuga

squintz

Pirate Lord
So, scarlet says as she is standing right outside of the brides tavern "go away I'm trying to make money"?
What exactly would be her occupation for income?

The fact that she was taken out of the hendry cutts quest by Disney makes her "occupation" more obvious lol

I believe the reason she was removed is because the quest made it seem like she was sneaking around with him(since he's "married").

Call me a prude, but I found that out a while ago too and I was surprised that Disney would even choose to include that in a game targeted primarily at kids. And here I thought this had to be the cleanest pirate game out there (playing Pirates of the Burning Sea between the end of POTCO and the beginning of TLOPO always left me feeling just a bit gross).

Call me a prude, but I found that out a while ago too and I was surprised that Disney would even choose to include that in a game targeted primarily at kids. And here I thought this had to be the cleanest pirate game out there (playing Pirates of the Burning Sea between the end of POTCO and the beginning of TLOPO always left me feeling just a bit gross).
Yes, that was kind of my unspoken thought.

The difference between TLOPO and Pirates of the Burning Sea is that one is trying to target a more fantasy, safe world whereas the other is targeting a more realistic world. POTBS captures more of what pirates were actually like during the Golden Age of Piracy than TLOPO/POTCO ever does.

The difference between TLOPO and Pirates of the Burning Sea is that one is trying to target a more fantasy, safe world whereas the other is targeting a more realistic world. POTBS captures more of what pirates were actually like during the Golden Age of Piracy than TLOPO/POTCO ever does.
Very true. That's probably why I, and I'm going to assume many others here, love everything Pirates of the Caribbean but not necessarily anything veering into more realistic territory. You know, pirates more or less through the lens of a child as opposed to pirates as they are accurately recognized by adults. But I think a lot of us still needed that "pirate adventure fix" after POTCO closed. I had heard about the other game and thought it would be a sufficient replacement, and I dove right in without really realizing that swashbuckling fantasy adventures wasn't completely what POTBS was offering. Granted, that game did have some of that, and it could be fun, but I still missed the mysticism, lack of blood, and less blatant innuendo (I guess that's a bit of an oxymoron, but I think you all follow me) that POTCO provided. Thank the heavens for the developers behind TLOPO. As a college student, I don't get to play like I used to, but I am still grateful that the game is back.

I don't like R rated movies. The most I've ever been able to tolerate from a movie is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (the movie that gave birth to the PG-13 rating) and Stranger Things 3 (which, even then, was so much more difficult to sit through than its amazing predecessors that I'm still reluctant to re-watch it even now).

I actually got a book from Barnes & Noble that detailed the real-life history of pirates. It contained a lot of journal entries, memoirs, and other various written recordings from real people during the Golden Age of Piracy. The stuff that I read made me so sick to my stomach that I haven't touched it in over a year since I got it. I still have half a mind to throw it away or sell it or something. Real pirates were just...disgustingly savage...

Very true. That's probably why I, and I'm going to assume many others here, love everything Pirates of the Caribbean but not necessarily anything veering into more realistic territory. You know, pirates more or less through the lens of a child as opposed to pirates as they are accurately recognized by adults. But I think a lot of us still needed that "pirate adventure fix" after POTCO closed. I had heard about the other game and thought it would be a sufficient replacement, and I dove right in without really realizing that swashbuckling fantasy adventures wasn't completely what POTBS was offering. Granted, that game did have some of that, and it could be fun, but I still missed the mysticism, lack of blood, and less blatant innuendo (I guess that's a bit of an oxymoron, but I think you all follow me) that POTCO provided. Thank the heavens for the developers behind TLOPO. As a college student, I don't get to play like I used to, but I am still grateful that the game is back.

I don't like R rated movies. The most I've ever been able to tolerate from a movie is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (the movie that gave birth to the PG-13 rating) and Stranger Things 3 (which, even then, was so much more difficult to sit through than its amazing predecessors that I'm still reluctant to re-watch it even now).

I actually got a book from Barnes & Noble that detailed the real-life history of pirates. It contained a lot of journal entries, memoirs, and other various written recordings from real people during the Golden Age of Piracy. The stuff that I read made me so sick to my stomach that I haven't touched it in over a year since I got it. I still have half a mind to throw it away or sell it or something. Real pirates were just...disgustingly savage...
As a currently studying history minor, I can say that the world is a pretty rough place when you take rose tinted glasses off. Now, I recognize the fact that not everyone may be into history as much as I am, but I also think you are doing yourself a disservice if you discard history because it’s not PG-13. Coming to terms with what has happened in the past and learning from it will only help better ourselves in the future. Otherwise, we are doomed to repeat history, and not always in a good way.

As a currently studying history minor, I can say that the world is a pretty rough place when you take rose tinted glasses off. Now, I recognize the fact that not everyone may be into history as much as I am, but I also think you are doing yourself a disservice if you discard history because it’s not PG-13. Coming to terms with what has happened in the past and learning from it will only help better ourselves in the future. Otherwise, we are doomed to repeat history, and not always in a good way.
You make a very good point. I'll keep that in mind.

Hmm.. I would ask savage in what way but I don't think you would like answering that.I only knew that most pirates could easily finish a battle without a fight because merchants would just surrender most of the time. No one likes getting into fights.

Henry Morgan even became Lieutenant Governor of Jamaica and bough 3 plantations and one point.

Well, at the same time there's the horrible story here and there..

Back