Sea of Thieves MMORPG 2016

Doesn't it screw up macs to do bootcamp on it or make them really slow?
It depends on how Bootcamp works. If it runs Windows as an app rather than a full OS, your computer will definitely be running slower due to how underpowered Macs tend to be. If it just dual-boots it, then the only thing slower will be the booting process due to having to switch between OSs. And yes, a Win OS will run slower on Mac machine due to design flaws of Macs

I think this game looks amazing. I do not have windows 10, and will not be making the leap over until after I have seen some real gameplay from my fellow pirates via livestreams. I understand the transition to Windows 10 is not as easy as Microsoft makes it out to be, in fact it can be long and tedious, and you can lose files. So I will wait to see what happens with it.

I am also going to wait to see how the community handles the lack of chat filter and actually speaking to one another in-game. I am curious how the makers of this game, and the endorsers, plan on handling security and having our community in a open chat arena. I know this is a huge issue for some people, and I bring it up because I do care.
as Shamus said:
*When people decide to mingle together publicly, the natural tendency of an individual is to reveal such information openly via introductions made and hence therefore it remains something to which event organizers/sponsors do not have direct control over, savvy?

*Information shared via online threads (inspired like this) to where if anyone did happen to want to...said information could be used sufficiently towards unruly DOX attempts, among others.

Such forms of information woes don't even need to be posted online. It can be acquired (in real) via overheard conversations, small-talk, and/or personal introductions. Many of us would like to believe that people whom attend these conventions are honest. Most of us cannot assure this 100% and that remains especially true if someone does/does later have a personal vendetta out against someone.

That is the difference between you and I. For myself, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night because even though the ex-POTCO community does have it's share of teens and adults...it still has it's own share of tweens and kids whom are unfamiliar with the inherent dangers of this world.

For myself, I will always "
be my brother's keeper" and there is nothing you nor anyone else here can say to change that for me.

In an open chat arena, such as SoT seems to be, people will be able to mix and mingle and pretty much say anything to one another. I know on Xbox Live I hear a LOT of crude, vulgar and suggestive language. People have asked for my name, and what state I am in! As an adult I know not to share my personal information, but the community is full of tweens and kids, and they may not be as savvy as adults.

There is real potential for information sharing in a game that is on XBox, just because of the Live community.

I think this game looks amazing. I do not have windows 10, and will not be making the leap over until after I have seen some real gameplay from my fellow pirates via livestreams. I understand the transition to Windows 10 is not as easy as Microsoft makes it out to be, in fact it can be long and tedious, and you can lose files. So I will wait to see what happens with it.

I am also going to wait to see how the community handles the lack of chat filter and actually speaking to one another in-game. I am curious how the makers of this game, and the endorsers, plan on handling security and having our community in a open chat arena. I know this is a huge issue for some people, and I bring it up because I do care.
as Shamus said:

In an open chat arena, such as SoT seems to be, people will be able to mix and mingle and pretty much say anything to one another. I know on Xbox Live I hear a LOT of crude, vulgar and suggestive language. People have asked for my name, and what state I am in! As an adult I know not to share my personal information, but the community is full of tweens and kids, and they may not be as savvy as adults.

There is real potential for information sharing in a game that is on XBox, just because of the Live community.
Kitkat, if you think that's bad, get a whiff of the League of Legends community. Toxic beyond belief.

...In an open chat arena, such as SoT seems to be, people will be able to mix and mingle and pretty much say anything to one another. I know on Xbox Live I hear a LOT of crude, vulgar and suggestive language. People have asked for my name, and what state I am in! As an adult I know not to share my personal information, but the community is full of tweens and kids, and they may not be as savvy as adults.

Aye. Understood.

I am hoping though that with whatever future outcome happens to result from Sea of Thieves game-play and direction...Rare's very own "terms of use" for Sea of Thieves will not contradict itself in lieu of public, promotional events nor efforts sought after online to either gauge and/or suggest such interest.

Blimey! Naught too many Captains of the High Seas be likin' their own picture taken.

SOT developer.JPG

'Tis bad exposin' him stern to random broadside, me be thinkin' (under watchful spyglass & authority eye).

XBox One SOT.JPG

Avast! Him likely recruitin' lads & lasses to go ON ACCOUNT, says I. (Be ye interested? Him ship ~ 'Micro X' ~ be a sea-worthy vessel, me hearties)!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/updates/articles/play-it-first

Competition from Sea of Thieves and Rare, open to those over 18 years and interested in a trip to England to be some of the first to play the game, closing date is 26th April.

My suggestion is to read the full rules before you start working on your project! Good luck to everyone who decides to enter!

this entirely reminds me of what Disney did.
oh i WILL try .. tho i'd use any excuse to dress, talk, and act all piraty -- but i'm afraid i might slip into Captn Jaq Finch and start quoting POTC and would disqualify meself lol@self.

Compared to anything I've seen so far in the MMO world is the idea you and your mates can all board the same ship and work as a crew. That's the camaraderie that made nightly sails so wonderful. Going head to head can be fun but fighting side by side was always more inviting to this salt. I for one am keeping eyes on this and hope to hear more soon.

Likely I will also revive my old GameSkinny.com profile and start writing articles on Sea of Thieves as it comes to fruition.

Also HEADS UP! Follow their twitter - https://twitter.com/seaofthieves

They gave away game swag on a regular basis.

Lastly, this Youtube channel is dedicating a lot of time and space to the game:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFc_dz4EQ0GC2X6nF13Z8FA

Last edited:
Compared to anything I've seen so far in the MMO world is the idea you and your mates can all board the same ship and work as a crew. That's the camaraderie that made nightly sails so wonderful. Going head to head can be fun but fighting side by side was always more inviting to this salt. I for one am keeping eyes on this and hope to hear more soon.

Likely I will also revive my old GameSkinny.com profile and start writing articles on Sea of Thieves as it comes to fruition.
Aye, 'tis be thy sailin' & thy crewin' be makin' me jolly than Jolly's Roger.

Be much appreciated ~ me lass ~ for yer willingness to do so. SOT be havin' excitin' potential (strike me thrice & be givin' me the BLACK Spot if thine own words be naught true).
Lastly, this Youtube channel is dedicating a lot of time and space to the game:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFc_dz4EQ0GC2X6nF13Z8FA
Aye. 'Tis me matey & me confidante. Givin' our accord together & him charts & compass be pointin' towards SOT, him be an honest pirate as honest as pirates come. :flag:

~ Best be reviewin' thee video below, me hearties. Think ye be doin' & makin' better? Join thy contest today & win yerself a trip to the EITC home-land (be ye mum though 'bout yerself goin' on account, says I).

Last edited:
https://www.seaofthieves.com/updates/articles/play-it-first

Competition from Sea of Thieves and Rare, open to those over 18 years and interested in a trip to England to be some of the first to play the game, closing date is 26th April.

My suggestion is to read the full rules before you start working on your project! Good luck to everyone who decides to enter!
Me be wonderin' of thy condition of thee hangman's noose...there in England, says I? 'Tis matters be safe now for pirates, ye be thinkin'? :confused:

Belay that! Best be enterin' thy Sea of Thieves contest Kat mentions for thy proper understand', says I. (Lively now, me lads and lasses. Be noticin' Rare's contest FAQ's below, yarrr):
https://www.seaofthieves.com/updates/articles/sea-of-thieves-contest-faq

Well I don't mind cartoonish, shucks I played Battle Field Heroes for years. As long as its fun and lots of looting and plundering to do with crews
I'm in. The cartoon style gives it a little more relaxed atmosphere style which I'm okay with that.

Me own grocery...err..."tavern" list of similarities be-tween Sea of Thieves & POTCO game-play:
  1. Tattoos - From Sea of Thieves concept art, tattoos be openly visible (savvy that, with no bull)
  2. Pirate body-type/garb customization - Sea of Thieves be havin' em
  3. Skeleton enemies - Dead things do tell tales (which sells, btw)
  4. Loot - If it be buried, it be naught carried
  5. Crew ship battles - Be true to thy own crew, sugar'd up on Mountain Dew (or rum)

Back