Sea of Thieves MMORPG 2016

If you want sailing like POTCO, try Assassin's Creed Black Flag. The sailing is really similar and the gameplay is really fun too.
AC Black Flag is a fun game, and the sailing is really cool, but it's not an mmo. I think most mateys are hoping Sea of Thieves will have sailing like POTCO where your friends can board your ship and take a cannon and everyone can fight/loot together on the same ship. POTCO was one of the only games where you could do that. If some of these other games like Naval Action let friends board your ship so you could crew up and fight together it would be so much cooler in my opinion.

AC Black Flag is a fun game, and the sailing is really cool, but it's not an mmo. I think most mateys are hoping Sea of Thieves will have sailing like POTCO where your friends can board your ship and take a cannon and everyone can fight/loot together on the same ship. POTCO was one of the only games where you could do that. If some of these other games like Naval Action let friends board your ship so you could crew up and fight together it would be so much cooler in my opinion.
Yeah, the problem with Naval Action is that it
takes
so
long
to get to somewhere else

More Sea of Thieves concept art being released on Twitter by Captain Bones himself (again). :eek:

SeaOfThieves.jpg

WOW. Looks amazing. Was pretty funny as well :p

Definitely looks like it covers a lot of stuff POTCO chose to overlook. The sinking animations are so cool! Although, I'm still not a huge fan of first person views.

This seems like Xbox gameplay to me, I wonder if it will be any different on PC?

EDIT: A few of these players are winners of the "play-it-first" contest! Pretty cool!

Last edited:
WOW. Looks amazing. Was pretty funny as well :p

Definitely looks like it covers a lot of stuff POTCO chose to overlook. The sinking animations are so cool!

This seems like Xbox gameplay to me, I wonder if it will be any different on PC?
I'm hoping it'll be even better on PC.

I'll definitely be investing in this, if future gameplay videos look as nice.

Is this an MMO, or a session play with friends?

Chris

I'm hoping it'll be even better on PC.

I'll definitely be investing in this, if future gameplay videos look as nice.

Is this an MMO, or a session play with friends?

Chris
It's being advertised as an MMO, although it hasn't been made clear yet if that means it will be open world or session based.

This is only information (besides concept art) we've gotten since the game was announced at last year's E3. Hopefully we'll find out more this week.

EDIT: I don't know if you've seen the original trailer, but it supposedly includes real gameplay too.

Sea of Thieves just announced an official forum!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum

Ye beat me to it. :harry:*A big thanks to @Pretty Polly for notifying me of this.

Avast! The next few days be very exciting times for Sea of Thieves. (Note: Not since last year at E3 2015 has too much info. been revealed by Rare pertinet towards Sea of Thieves). :piratedance:To better keep yourself updated on this year's E3 for the game, click below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back