Discussion Sea of Thieves

Misha

Site Founder
2575a893-7267-4ad5-ad44-3a4a439c3d0c.png

Sea of Thieves, like The Legend of Pirates Online is a zany swashbuckling MMO! I created this topic here on PiratesForums for players to congregate and create crews of their own, and go on their own adventures.
(Available on Windows 10 Game Store and/or XBOX One)

Let's talk loot, mates!​

1200px-The_Hungering_Deep.png

As of right now on the Sea of Thieves, you can take part in the time-sensitive event known as The Hungering Deep. During the remainder of this event, players can crew together to take down one of the mightiest apex predators to ever roam our Earth, the Megalodon.

Current Event
Defeat 3 Megalodons
Reward:
Merrick's Megalodon Drum
15,000 Gold

As of this post, this stage of The Hungering Deep lasts for another 21h 30m
Login and obtain this exclusive possession now!​

No, it's not really true,this is not The Hungering Deep event,it's a celebration of it for the second anniversary of the game,every big update will have a celebration.

The Hungering Deep is the first very big content update for the game,it added the drum,the speaking trumpet and a little journey to find how to and summon the Megalodon which at the time was more powerful than the Megs we have now and required multiple crews to work together.

All in all,people should know that this event is tbh,pretty shallow. It doesn't compare to the original event at all,it's just some really easy tasks that you can do because why not and that's all.

P.S. The rewards aren't that great but it's easy enough,the fact they give out the first Drum in the game is pretty controversial among veterans who played during that time though.
If anyone wants to join me and my friend,hit me up.

So I had looked at this game. Looks pretty cool but haven't heard from a lot of people. Is it good? Are you enjoying it? Looks like you've been playing for a month or so might have a good idea at this point.

So I had looked at this game. Looks pretty cool but haven't heard from a lot of people. Is it good? Are you enjoying it? Looks like you've been playing for a month or so might have a good idea at this point.

Well, I can't speak in an objective way but Imo it's pretty freaking good. Enjoying it with my friend since we got it in summer. There are a few games that can offer a vastly different experience every time you play like Sea of Thieves does.

Only problem would be that you need to play with others to have the best experience(as in with friends or Discord people, playing with randoms is the worst thing ever in this game, at least on the 4 man ship, probably the 3 man ship too). You can sail solo as well but it's what the community calls "hard mode" and you can only manage the 2 man ship alone.

Another thing is the gameplay itself, you mostly do the same thing when it comes to voyages(with the unique but not very rewarding story tall tale here and there) so if you don't enjoy the gameplay loop and get bored easy, this is not the game for you.

You should try the game with the 1 dollar for 3 months Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to see if you like it before buying it.

Last edited:
I love Sea of Thieves just wish you could customize your pirate starting off!! I also stole a whole bunch of ashen chests (if I'm correct, they glowed and I think were red) from a pirate crew of at least four. They tried to grab one they still had on their boat, but I ran onto the island and hid it, pretty well, from them.

Back