SEARCH BAR_

Not bad ideas, but I have to disagree with that last point. Making that punishable would only increase the workload for the moderation staff more than anything else. You'd be taking a simple merge operation and turning it into a merge + warn the user + potentially explain when the user questions it... plus there's the possibility of people getting temp-bans from too many accrued warnings (if that's how the system works).

As for the rest, making the search options known to the user when they first register wouldn't be a bad solution.
Increase the workload, eh? I used to be a moderator here once. Back then, there were far less of us then than there is now I don't really see what the problem is given this is addressing an issue to save people time. (If we moderated heavily 'then' against double-posts which is no longer a priority now how much increase in workload/burden are you talking about when the staff here has almost doubled)?

Anyway, I appreciate you keeping an open-mind about the other points I had made. They were written to make things "easier" long-term (as opposed to making things harder on everyone, and not just staff alone).

Back