TYVM Self-Realization

The Legend of Pirates Online is an Amazing Game!

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
This thread is more of a self-realization that I just felt the need to share in the form of...

Thank you.

I logged on today expecting just to “loot for all 7” at Tormenta. However, after shortly going afk I returned to find a group of 3-4 low levels entering the gold room for (What had seemed like) the first time. One was using a Sabre, other was using a Voodoo Doll, and the other two were simply healing barely able to attack enemies or get loot. At first, I simply laughed and watched them for a bit having myself a good chuckle. Yet, after a few minutes I'd seen something I had not seen in TLOPO till now. This little group of pirates did not say a single word about Slow Experience, Horrible Loot, Annoying Bugs, Guild Drama or Staff Complaining. This wasn’t due to the presents of apathy either, they were absolutely engaged into the game like I’d remembered myself to be the first time playing the game.

I was a bit speechless after realizing this honestly… as silly as that sounds over a game I am sure. – I can’t help but feel envious of them and their learning experience. I being a bit… well let’s just be honest. Unmistakably recalled through my ‘ego’ about looting, being the first to all 7 & having the goal to obtain the most ‘perfect’ inventory. Have clearly been missing the side of the game I missed and wanted to be pulled into again the most. Which happens to be this community and building it like I tried to do in the past.

Therefore, I wanted to let the community know that I will be working on a numerous number of Guides & Tutorials directly aimed at New & Old Players regarding Everything POTCO/TLOPO related. This will also include the finishing of fully updated the POTCO/TLOPO wiki to the point of more practical and effective use.

I suppose you can take this thread as a big Thank You to the WHOLE community. Staff, Forums, and Pirates alike. If you need me to assist you in anyway I am but a post, message, or whisper away!

Sorry it took me so long to realize it everyone... :pirate1:

Being a return player myself to this wonderful peace of mind from the daily toll, I love how it brings back memories of when I played POTCO. I will say this as being the most difference between then and now.. the quality of Guild. After mastering my pirate and skills before I still had no clue about what the game still held for me to enjoy. I had a set of friends I hung with can't remember if we was all in the same guild or not, but where you saw one you saw all of us. The guild I was in taught me NOTHING it was not friendly, helpful or family feeling. That being said, I ended up leaving the game because what do you do after mastering everything and lack of a deeper enjoyment given. There is a shadow of the past with in the game the memories experiences. But there is something NEW this go around.. everything that was missing before I have been very blessed to find... a GREAT GUILD where you are greeted with friendship, are helped, are part of that family feeling and knowledge of the game given with just either paying attention to chat or asking any question you need an answer to with out fear of being laughed at and given encouragement when you feel like giving up because you don't seem to progress as you want. Yes I too want to Thank everyone connected to this game, from staff to level 1 pirates... Well said Charles well said.

uyKgrYk.gif

:D I'm glad you feel the same way!

And since I couldn't edit a quote in, here's my edit in another post!

anything higher than a rusty cutlass
Don't go ripping on the Rusty Cutlass, best legendary ever! It's my go to sword!

EDIT on the EDIT: But I love the feeling when a skull drops, even if the loot isn't what I wanted, it's still awesome to hear that noise when it drops...

And since I couldn't edit a quote in, here's my edit in another post!
-snip-
I've seen a lot of people with this issue, but someone finally mentioned it so it's not horrendously off-topic for me to post this little piece of advice:

Hit reply to generate the quote message, then cut/copy it to your clipboard. Then hit the edit button and paste it in!

Edit: Voila! And here's a gif!

I've seen a lot of people with this issue, but someone finally mentioned it so it's not horrendously off-topic for me to post this little piece of advice:

Hit reply to generate the quote message, then cut/copy it to your clipboard. Then hit the edit button and paste it in!

Back