seriously???

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the servers likely went down to how many players were playing and all the fighting in the invasion, there isn't really any way to test that other than on a live server.
they could've pounded the server with a ton of packets as a stress test???

:rolleyes:
gameupdate.png

they could've pounded the server with a ton of packets as a stress test???
That's a pretty naive understanding of the way game servers work and would do nothing to identify issues like these. Certain conditions are just impractical to simulate in a test environment, large-scale invasions among them. If you expect things to go well immediately after an update, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Expect things to blow up instead, and then if by some miracle they don't you can be pleasantly surprised.

That's a pretty naive understanding of the way game servers work and would do nothing to identify issues like these. Certain conditions are just impractical to simulate in a test environment, large-scale invasions among them. If you expect things to go well immediately after an update, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Expect things to blow up instead, and then if by some miracle they don't you can be pleasantly surprised.
literally simulate what went on today. a bunch of people and the invasion. can that not be done??? i know there is a pts, use it to the advantage??

This has been said a thousand times in a thousand places and yet some people still don't seem to understand. This game is still BETA, we are the test for such things like invasions that can only be tested with player involvement. Ugh, just be thankful and enjoy the game, quirks issues lag and all.
it's a simple question, no one is being ungrateful

literally simulate what went on today. a bunch of people and the invasion. can that not be done???
Certain conditions are just impractical to simulate in a test environment, large-scale invasions among them.
In short, no. Invasions are complicated and simulating them effectively on this scale would be a huge undertaking.

i know there is a pts, use it to the advantage??
Updates are tested before they're released but the live game has a much higher population. which brings issues to light that are otherwise difficult to foresee. Please remember the game is in beta and players on the live server are testers too.

In short, no. Invasions are complicated and simulating them effectively on this scale would be a huge undertaking.

Updates are tested before they're released but the live game has a much higher population. which brings issues to light that are otherwise difficult to foresee. Please remember the game is in beta and players on the live server are testers too.
thank you, sir.

literally simulate what went on today. a bunch of people and the invasion. can that not be done??? i know there is a pts, use it to the advantage??
Here’s a suggestion - why don’t you do it? You seem to have a greater understanding than the dev’s in this game. I’d be happy to put in a good recommendation for you, and I can only imagine the dev’s would be more than happy to step aside so you can teach them how to make the game properly.

Hey everybody, take a deep breath...ahhhhh If you look at Rango's posts he hasn't been on the forum long which leads me to believe he probably hasn't been playing as long as some of us. He will learn just like we have that updates can be crazy at times. I just feel bad for the devs cause it seems the invasions have caused the most difficulty with the game. I am dumb when it comes to coding, making a game, fixing a game. Basically I just play and when I first came on the forum it took me a while to understand exactly what playing beta meant. But I have been here and in potco long enough to know there are bugs in the invasions that are hard to fix because I don't believe they would purposely cause the game to go haywire. Lets teach the newer ones that the best thing to do is report your experience and see if anything we have to tell them, whether it be what server we were on, what we were doing at the time, what island we were on or where our ship was. Was it lag, or dc's or something to do with a weapon... Just report your experience to give the devs something to work with. I posted something early about having trouble with sailing since the update. Found out that other friends and guild mates were having the same problems. I didn't go berserk but posted it in hopes it would help them understand the problem better. So Rango I am not jumping on you but posting the problem in a way the devs can learn something from it will go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back