Idea Server chat

Discussion in 'TLOPO Suggestions and Ideas' started by Fortune Burnrose, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Fortune Burnrose

Fortune Burnrose Notorious Pirate

So at the bottom of the chat window we have 3 channels. Local, Crew and Guild. However, there is an extra space to the far right that is not occupied.

I imagine a server chat for this fourth panel would be very useful for people in need of crew members or those who are just looking to chat. Yes, this could potentially create a lot of spam so there would need to be a way to mute server chat while you're not reading it.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 9.08.28 PM.png

I know a similar thing already exists called "Privateer", as seen below. This is for svs and does essentially the same thing, just on a smaller scale.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 9.14.15 PM.png

Let me know what you think of this idea and if it would ruin the game, lol.

2. theWizter

theWizter Pirate

you can look for crew members through the "Lookout" tab but I really don't think anyone uses that

3. Freebooter/Boots

Freebooter/Boots Pirate Master

I don't know good would come from the addition of a "server chat".. Correct me if I'm wrong... You want server chat exactly like SVS chat just with everyone in the whole server????

4. deanaug

deanaug Notorious Pirate

5. Gracie<3

Gracie<3 Honorable Pirate

Ugh no. Then you’d never get away from certain people because you’d see them chatting all the time. It would be like tortuga abassa following you everywhere. And chat that actually matters would get lost. The only way I would be ok with that is if you could turn it off.

6. deanaug

deanaug Notorious Pirate

I see it as an opportunity for trolls to broadcast their trash to everyone; what an awesome way to practice their filter evasion phrases for all to see! :smh:

7. ThunderStorms

ThunderStorms Pirate Lord

Since that open place is meant for svs then not sure where they would add it to .... lol

Freebooter/Boots likes this.