Announcement Server Maintenance (2/24)

Hey, everyone,

We've been down for scheduled server maintenance since 10 AM EST, and I wanted to fill everyone in on what's being implemented.

This maintenance largely involves some infrastructure expansion. We're adding 3 new web nodes, 8 new client agents, and 4 new oceans! You should notice faster response times using our website and other web services, as well as accessing the game. We're excited to be releasing 4 new oceans - we will now have well over the number of oceans that POTCO had at its closure.

Just to make things clear - no rollbacks are happening.

We expect to be down for most of the day. Configuring and installing these servers will take some time - and we're ensuring that each step of the way is performed correctly so that you all can step back into the game without issue.

More updates will be posted here as they're available.

Thanks, everyone!

*inserts new ocean, throws kraken in ocean*

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    271.1 KB · Views: 115
Hey, everyone,

We've been down for scheduled server maintenance since 10 AM EST, and I wanted to fill everyone in on what's being implemented.

This maintenance largely involves some infrastructure expansion. We're adding 3 new web nodes, 8 new client agents, and 4 new oceans! You should notice faster response times using our website and other web services, as well as accessing the game. We're excited to be releasing 4 new oceans - we will now have well over the number of oceans that POTCO had at its closure.

We expect to be down for most of the day. Configuring and installing these servers will take some time - and we're ensuring that each step of the way is performed correctly so that you all can step back into the game without issue.

Thanks, everyone!
What exactly are web nodes and client agents?

Glad to hear y’all giving the community the updates in the updates and what’s coming to the game and how long you will be down for

Glad you guys are graciously giving us these updates and voluntarily maintaining the game for us vets and even new players, I thank you also for not planning on any rollbacks because I recently acquired Whalebone Blade. I just hope the update won't be too long, as I am looking forward to playing again.

Hey, everyone,

Thanks, everyone!
This great news. Thank you. I'm going back to full graphics settings as well.
Why does it say William on the lead page, and John everywhere else?

I wanted to extend a word of gratitude, for informing the community on this maintenance, and planned changes. I would rather the game be down all day, and not hear the unfortunate reports of lost items and progress, than cause another rollback. I can't speak for the whole community, but I know for me personally, I really appreciate the transparency. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the updates! It is good to see the increased communication with us about what is going on. It is sure appreciated by those of us who are interested in the development process as well as the game! The waiting to play is not a burden when we are informed throughout the course of the update of the steps being performed as you all have been doing today! A few lines of text to us from time to time, makes for a great bonding between us the players / testers and you all the developers. Great transparency! Thanks! :)

Back