Question Servers and Invasions

Beggar

Pirate Master
When an invasion triggers, the game exempts a handful of servers from its effects (green sky, countdown notice, and the invasion itself) so players can opt out of the event if they wish to. Do these servers change between each invasion, or are they fixed?

If they are randomized, I would like to request that they become fixed so there are always a handful of servers that players can go to without ever having to think about invasions. It can be annoying when an invasion suddenly triggers while you're doing something unrelated to it on that server. For example, I usually switch servers if I am looting a boss on an invasion server since the accompanying lag makes the experience much less pleasant.

Well, you do get 30 minutes warning before an invasion. I imagine that is so anybody not wanting to take part can either switch to an island where no invasion is taking place, or wind up a sea voyage and switch servers to avoid the pea soup.

I like the idea of the servers being fixed. Not only for the people that don't do invasions but also for the people that do. That way people that love invasions can be sure to stick to servers that have invasions so they don't miss the warnings and countdown notices.

I have no idea how it works on TLOPO. I have not had much experience with invasions on it yet. All my experience comes from POTCO where invasions triggered for every server. And since invasions are one of my favorite parts of the game, I really hate to think I might be missing them.

Well, you do get 30 minutes warning before an invasion. I imagine that is so anybody not wanting to take part can either switch to an island where no invasion is taking place, or wind up a sea voyage and switch servers to avoid the pea soup.
Agree, plenty of time to bail to another server or ocean or lagoon. Nothing needs to be adjusted or changed imo.

Id like it if every server got a message for the invasions.
Ex:
Your on Andaba and get a message stating something like:
*Invasion on Cortos, Nocivo, Sabada, and Valor in 30 min.*
So players would know to avoid that server or for others who like invasions so they could go to said server.

Not only does it cause lag, it makes caves darker, and at times server resets. I support beggars idea. I hate being on server that goes into invasion, especially if I am having a good loot run. Fixed servers for just invasion would be awesome add, imo.

I wonder though how difficult it would be to just funnel something as intense and (game) extensive as invasions to only a few dedicated servers. (During POTCO’s time invasions impacted all servers across-the-board).

Does the lag increase (from post 30 minute invasion notification) occur on all servers or just a specific few, prior to invasions starting?

I wonder though how difficult it would be to just funnel something as intense and (game) extensive as invasions to only a few dedicated servers. (During POTCO’s time invasions impacted all servers across-the-board).

Does the lag increase (from post 30 minute invasion notification) occur on all servers or just a specific few, prior to invasions starting?
Actually, the way POTCO did it was to have the invasion at different times, so folks like me could hop from server to server to partake. They did the same thing with QAR.

I think Andaba & Abassa should be completely exempt from the invasions also. They are already strained enough with sailing & boss looting as it is & the most populated servers. That in itself would help the crashing I would think!!!
Good point, however, we are testing a beta. And the dev's need stress tests all the time for documentation and result data.
The invasions ARE a stress test and the best thing for beta testing that has been said, is a full server/ocean.
I think we just sometimes forget this is a game in progress and we sometimes have too much fun playing it.

Last edited:
Actually, the way POTCO did it was to have the invasion at different times, so folks like me could hop from server to server to partake. They did the same thing with QAR.
I really don't think that was the case. It was just that some invasions took longer due to a few factors including the amount of pirates present increasing the difficulty. Every server started the invasion at the same time. That way when the warning went out, you would be able to decide if you wanted to switch servers for whatever reason and still know when it would start. I did a ton of invasions so if I am wrong, I am very confused. That half hour warning was great so I could see if I could use my mom's computer, which could handle a lot more than mine, and do Abassa invasions.

I really don't think that was the case. It was just that some invasions took longer due to a few factors including the amount of pirates present increasing the difficulty. Every server started the invasion at the same time. That way when the warning went out, you would be able to decide if you wanted to switch servers for whatever reason and still know when it would start. I did a ton of invasions so if I am wrong, I am very confused. That half hour warning was great so I could see if I could use my mom's computer, which could handle a lot more than mine, and do Abassa invasions.
And your mom let you? What does she think about all the instagram and facebook cats and dog photos she's getting now?
MOM - never ever let your kid use your computer without your presence. lol

And your mom let you? What does she think about all the instagram and facebook cats and dog photos she's getting now?
MOM - never ever let your kid use your computer without your presence. lol
But she was in the room, usually. And I don't know why I am feeling defensive. lol. I was in high school.

Back