Should there be less servers?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 95.5%

• Total voters

mrwanderman

Dockworker
Hey guys, I just started to replay this game and I just wanted to make one suggestion. I feel like there shouldn't be as many servers as there are. At the moment I believe there are about 10 but I really feel that lowering this number to 3-5 would make this game much more fun. I only say this because when I was younger I remember playing this with groups of people. This was when I had the most fun on POTCO. I feel that creating less servers would bring more people together because at the moment the only server where you really see anybody on is Abassa. I also feel like this would help other random minigames such as pvp or ship battles because there would be more people on a server thus making it a higher chance of more people wanting to do it. Tell me guys what you think! Thanks for reading!

When the play slot system gets removed there will be at least 120 people on each server, not to mention having this many servers helps finding a empty leveling spot way easier. I vote no.

Also you have to think about performance. At this current time, the game is not the most stable. That being said, if you take aware servers it will force higher concentrations of players into areas, which will stress the servers even more, resulting in more lag and crashes. I like the sentiment, but it's not a very realistic idea.

No no, no no. More servers is a good thing. More stability, less lag issues, and a more steady transition into open beta. Ultimately, once the game does transition to open beta, I'd love to see as many of the original servers back as possible. Personally I'd love to see an increase in play slots, as I honestly think that all the servers could handle an increase of 10-15 players pretty easily. They sit at about 50ish as is with upwards of 100 on Abassa, and I think we could stand to add 70ish play slots and it would be fine, though I would recommend capping each server's player count at some point. Maybe 120 or something.

I agree that the serves should not be made less.

Abassa is always busy and is great to go there to meet new friends and go on public ships or join a crew but the is lag..especially at sea when on public ships.
The other servers are great if you want to grind some xp in peace and do solo at sea. Also if you happen to come across some trouble making pirates (this is a minority of TLOPO players) you have plenty of choice of servers to skip to.

a lot of those pirates out there even on less lag server ( seem like they know the trick now) as for less server no no no .....

I totally appreciate what you're saying here....

Hey guys, I just started to replay this game and I just wanted to make one suggestion. I feel like there shouldn't be as many servers as there are. At the moment I believe there are about 10 but I really feel that lowering this number to 3-5 would make this game much more fun. I only say this because when I was younger I remember playing this with groups of people. This was when I had the most fun on POTCO. I feel that creating less servers would bring more people together because at the moment the only server where you really see anybody on is Abassa. I also feel like this would help other random minigames such as pvp or ship battles because there would be more people on a server thus making it a higher chance of more people wanting to do it. Tell me guys what you think! Thanks for reading!

...from a 'social' aspect, you are entirely correct. But as others have said the game is currently this way on purpose to 'spread the load' and give us more server stability in game.
I have every confidence that as things progress we will get even more stability and many more players. So eventually we will have many servers, full to the brim with pirates AND game stability!

All we can do at the meanwhile is help that process along by testing the game and giving the Devs our feedback/bug reports to help them get there :)

I see where you are coming from, but already enough there are way too many crashes and I can't imagine how many crashes there will be if we made less servers.

Remember this is still Beta test, not the actual game. There are plenty of people out there who are abstaining from participating until the full game rolls out and they don';t have to schedule playtime. I can guarantee you that six months after it goes live, there were will plenty of people playing! :)

Back