Idea Setting courses

This idea came to me while sailing. Why not have a function that allows you to put your ship on a sort of autopilot, a set path that you chart yourself? Here's how it would work: Go to map screen, using your mouse, you would draw a line from your ship to your desired location. Assuming the course doesn't take you through other islands, your ship would go to autopilot and follow the course you set for it. This idea DOES sound a bit sci-fi, but you could sidestep that detail by having the first mate say something like "We have our heading, cap'n!" "The ship is on course!" etc. That way, you don't have to constantly be at the helm. Tell me what you think! I think this idea could work.

An auto-pilot option would be pretty sweet. I mean, Blackbeard had a magic sword that kind of did it, and we have magic staves that summon flaming skulls and death whirlwinds. I don't think simple voodoo ship piloting is too far out of the realm of possibility for us lol. We already kind of do it with the sails and rigging. :confused:

This is helpful if you want to go somewhere, but then you are watching a video, you reopen the game and end up at the ends of the world.

Back