Suggestion Setting Ship Loot Preferences

What should be done about ship treasure replacement (if anything)?

• Leave it as is.

• Give ship captains full control of the loot replacement order.

• Add a few general looting rule presets (I.E. Ship Materials, Loot, Gold, Etc.).

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrWittMDPhD

Swashbuckler
Right now when a ship is full up on treasure, there are some rules on how lower grade loot is replaced. For example, when you fill up on gold loot, simple cargo crates can be replaced by royal chests. This is a wonderful system that lets you build up higher grade treasure in your cargo before each port; however, there are some rules that I personally do not like, and I'm sure others may agree. Regular ship materials cannot be replaced, even by rare ship materials, ship materials will replace loot chests before they replace royal chests, and loot pouches will get replaced by other higher grade items before the simple "gold based" treasures are replaced, like Royal chests. These loot rules get in the way of sea based adventures when your goal is something other than getting ship materials. If I want to do loot runs, and fill my cargo with skull chests, chests, and pouches, I have to avoid sinking hunters and warships due to the ship materials replacing the treasure I'm interested in, which is a problem due to the seemingly higher chance that warships and hunters drop loot skull chests more often than other regular ships. The solution I'd like to propose for this problem would be the ability for a captain of a ship to set the order of replacement for different treasure items. To illustrate this concept, I'll show you what my preferred loot order would be on a loot run:

Loot Skull Chest
Loot Chest
Rare Ship Materials
Royal Chest
Loot Pouch
Ship Materials
Treasure Chests
Cargo Crates

Another set of rules for people that want a balance between loot and materials could look like this:

Rare Ship Materials, Loot Skull Chest
Ship Materials, Loot Chest
Royal Chest
Loot Pouch
Treasure Chests
Cargo Crates
(As it stands now, Ship Materials are at the top level with Rare Ship Materials and Skull Chests, and thus cannot replace or be replaced by either)

The system how it is, works great for a specific type of looting (Looking for ship materials to upgrade your vessels), however if you are in possession of 3 fully maxed out ships and have max gold, or you're just looking for a refreshing way too loot weapons (Possibly sea exclusive Admiral swords!), the current replacement rules hamper a pirates ability to plunder as they please. Now I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add a new UI to customize these game rules at a captains whim; however, if it does prove to be to much of a hassle, perhaps a few presets of looting rules could be added to give captains more options than there are currently. If you've made it this far through my rambling, I'd like to thank you! And please, I'd love to hear the community's and staff's feedback and ideas for such an idea for ship looting!

Loot is not replaced.
All the loot you plunder is still there.
Just look at the screen for loot once you port and you'll see even the lowly cargo is still on board.
All your treasure chests, all your royal chests, all your loot chests and pouches.
If you don't want ship mats, then don't sink hunters and warships.
That way you can sail as long as you please, loading up with loot and gold.

Observe this screenshot, where clearly the amount of gold in the loot shows that no loot has been replaced.
Read also in the right hand column under Cargo Plunder, where it shows what cargo, treasure and gold was hauled in.
You might also notice all the pouches and loot chests, etc.

Loot is not "replaced" as many ill-informed pirates may have told you.
Rather it is stacked.
The only items that will stop the loot stacking are ship materials and loot skull chests.
Once you max out on any of those you are full and cannot get any more plunder.

screenshot_2017-07-17_01-11-06.jpg

screenshot_2017-08-07_02-32-28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Loot is not replaced.
All the loot you plunder is still there.
Just look at the screen for loot once you port and you'll see even the lowly cargo is still on board.
All your treasure chests, all your royal chests, all your loot chests and pouches.
If you don't want ship mats, then don't sink hunters and warships.
That way you can sail as long as you please, loading up with loot and gold.

Observe this screenshot, where clearly given the amount of gold in the loot shows that no loot is replaced.
Read also in the right hand column under Cargo Plunder, where it shows what cargo, treasure and gold was hauled in.
You might also notice all the pouches and loot chests, etc.

View attachment 94100
Hmm I was under the impression that this phenomena was due to me not hitting everything on cannons, so I get stuff that's not listed in the loot list. I guess I'll just have to go on a much longer voyage to see this more clearly. If that's the case, I don't see why there's a cargo limit if you can just go past it.

Right now when a ship is full up on treasure, there are some rules on how lower grade loot is replaced. For example, when you fill up on gold loot, simple cargo crates can be replaced by royal chests. This is a wonderful system that lets you build up higher grade treasure in your cargo before each port; however, there are some rules that I personally do not like, and I'm sure others may agree. Regular ship materials cannot be replaced, even by rare ship materials, ship materials will replace loot chests before they replace royal chests, and loot pouches will get replaced by other higher grade items before the simple "gold based" treasures are replaced, like Royal chests. These loot rules get in the way of sea based adventures when your goal is something other than getting ship materials. If I want to do loot runs, and fill my cargo with skull chests, chests, and pouches, I have to avoid sinking hunters and warships due to the ship materials replacing the treasure I'm interested in, which is a problem due to the seemingly higher chance that warships and hunters drop loot skull chests more often than other regular ships. The solution I'd like to propose for this problem would be the ability for a captain of a ship to set the order of replacement for different treasure items. To illustrate this concept, I'll show you what my preferred loot order would be on a loot run:

Loot Skull Chest
Loot Chest
Rare Ship Materials
Royal Chest
Loot Pouch
Ship Materials
Treasure Chests
Cargo Crates

Another set of rules for people that want a balance between loot and materials could look like this:

Rare Ship Materials, Loot Skull Chest
Ship Materials, Loot Chest
Royal Chest
Loot Pouch
Treasure Chests
Cargo Crates
(As it stands now, Ship Materials are at the top level with Rare Ship Materials and Skull Chests, and thus cannot replace or be replaced by either)

The system how it is, works great for a specific type of looting (Looking for ship materials to upgrade your vessels), however if you are in possession of 3 fully maxed out ships and have max gold, or you're just looking for a refreshing way too loot weapons (Possibly sea exclusive Admiral swords!), the current replacement rules hamper a pirates ability to plunder as they please. Now I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add a new UI to customize these game rules at a captains whim; however, if it does prove to be to much of a hassle, perhaps a few presets of looting rules could be added to give captains more options than there are currently. If you've made it this far through my rambling, I'd like to thank you! And please, I'd love to hear the community's and staff's feedback and ideas for such an idea for ship looting!

It would be awesome for captains to assign order. This would allow people to overcome a crew that hits the wrong targets or just bad luck in getting the wrong chests at the top.

Back