Tip Setting up skill points for best rep

Bad

Admin
Ahoy Everyone!

This is a few tips on how to setup skill point for those that want to get the most rep.

NOTE! The way my skills are setup on the pics below are from mastered pirate and do not represent the way to get the most rep.

Note 2! Some weapons have skills that affect rep for other weapons such as 'BARRAGE' on cannons affects grenades.

Starting off with Cannons
Cannon Skills.jpg

1. Shooting Skill - You can add all 5 skill points on this skill as it does not increase damage only shooting speed.
  2. Ammo Skills - If you want the most rep, leave only 1 skill point on each. Adding more increases the damage
  3. Rapid Reload - Name says it all. You can add 5 skill points if you want
  4. Barrage - Do not open this skill as it increases damage for both cannons and grenades. I usually unlock it when I have mastered both my cannons and grenades.
  5. Shrapnel - Eh, I dont really use this, you can add skill points to it if you like, It does not increase damage.
Sailing
Sailing Skills.jpg

1. Left and Right Broadsides - Only leave 1 skill point on each. You can add more than 1 on the other ship maneuver skills if you like.
  2. Passive Skills - You can add more than 1 on these also since they dont increase damage.
Sword
Sword Skills.jpg

1. Combat Skills - Only leave 1 skill point on each for maximum rep. Adding more increases the damage of the attack.
  2. Combat Attack - Same as above
  3. Parry - You can add more than one as this skill increases your chances of a miss attack from your enemies.
  4. Endurance - You can add all 5 as this skill increases your health.
Shooting
Shooting Skills.jpg

1. Combat Skills - Leave only 1 skill point on these, adding more increases damage.
  2. Ammo Skills - Same as above
  3. Passive Skills - You can add more than 1 on these, they dont increase damage.
Dagger
Dagger Skills.jpg

1. Combo Skills - Leave 1 point on each of these skills, adding more increases the damage of the attack.
  2. Throwing Skills - Same as above
  3. Finesse - You can can more than 1 on this skill. It decreases cool down time for both dagger and sword skills.
  4. Blade Instinct - Leave this skill locked until you have mastered both sword and dagger. It increases damage for both weapons if opened.
Grenades - Now I know most of us HATE leveling grenades because it takes WAY to long. The way you setup your skills determines how much rep you get. Keep in mind to leave 'Barrage' on the cannons skills locked for the most rep with grenades.
Grenade Skills.jpg

1. Combat Skills - Only leave 1 skill point on both of these.
  2. Same as above.
  3. Passive Skills - You can add as many points (5 being the max obviously) to these as they dont increase any damage caused by your grenades.
Staff
Staff Skills.jpg

1. Combat Skill - Only leave 1 skill point on this attack. Adding more increases damage.
  2. HEX Skills - Same as above
  3. Passive Skills - The 1st 3 passive skills dont increase damage, you can add more than 1 skill point on these.
  4. Spirit Mastery - This is also a passive skill, keep this one locked until you have mastered both your doll and staff. Opening it increases the damage.
Doll
Doll Skills.jpg

1. Combat Skill - You can add all 5 if you want to attune more than 1 enemy or friend at the same time.
  2. HEX - Leave 1 skill point on each of the attacks. Adding more increases damaged caused by your doll. You can add more skill points on Heal and Cure if you like.
  3. Focus - You can add all 5 on this skill as it increases your voodoo amount and not attack.
  4. Spirit Ward - You can add as many as you like to this one, personally i see it useless. I dont know why I have 1 skill point there. I would leave it locked. This skill only increases the chances of resisting enemy voodoo attacks.

I would leave one point in each skill that does not boost attack until I master corresponding weapons. For example 1 point on cannon skills except for shoot and rapid releoad. Also one point for barrage in cannon for grenade since that also increases nade attack power. So basically one point for all skills that increase attack so attack stays at a minimum level and rep remains at high level.

Reactions: Bad
I always leave barrage closed until I master both my grenades and cannons. Then and only then I open it and add all 5 skill points to it :D

Thats really cool, but I also have some tips and pointers for lvling up too, what i did the lvl up dagger and sword is i used skills like taunt,not in the face, throw dirt. puny skills like that give you extra CRAZY rep, i once defeated a lvl 1gravedigger at lvl 21, with the dagger using throw dirt and got 56 rep!

I would leave one point in each skill that does not boost attack until I master corresponding weapons. For example 1 point on cannon skills except for shoot and rapid releoad. Also one point for barrage in cannon for grenade since that also increases nade attack power. So basically one point for all skills that increase attack so attack stays at a minimum level and rep remains at high level.
WOW that was beautiful :], well did you right that?

For the doll, I would focus my points almost exclusively into attune while training. The more targets attuned the greater rep you'll get.

Back