Shadow Sorcerors!

Davy Fireskull

Sea Legs
Shadow Sorcerors

Ahoy Pirates of the Caribbean players! I am Davy Fireskull, Guildmaster of Shadow Sorcerors! If you are looking for a new guild to join, why dont you consider joining us? We are always welcoming new members, and are happy to make people feel welcome.

General Information

First off, I would like to give a bit of info about our guild. We are currently hovering around 420 members, but we have a lot of inactive players and I am actually going to clean out a lot of them later this week. I founded Shadow Sorcerors on the island of Cuba, home of the voodoo master Tia Dalma, in August of 2009, after leaving a failed guild that I had created, named The Ancient Army. I decided to try some new tactics to creating a guild, and it has worked out very well. We are now a thriving guild, very active, and full of friendly and amazing members.

Our guild number is Pirate Guild 488887, and our guild colors are black and red. Our guild server as of 2/13/11 is Kokoros. We are all very friendly and kind to each other, friends, and other guilds. We try to stay on good terms with other guilds, and have succeeded. We do have guild events, and plan them beforehand, at our monthly meetings. With some exceptions, we have meetings on the last Saturday of every month. Even when we arent having events, we are almost always hanging out together, whether we are just flipping coins and talking, looting Darkhart, or catching some fish. During meetings, we will plan out events for the following month, discuss any changes that we would like to make, have promotions, and of course, we choose our Sorcerer of the Month! Someone who we believe has proven themselves to be the perfect member, that the guild will vote on.

Council of Shadow (our group consisting of Senior Officers, Co-guildmasters, and the Guildmaster)

Guildmaster: Davy Fireskull
Co-Guildmasters: Sam Bladebeard, Billy Fireskull.
Senior Officers: Prim, Meg Mcbones
NOTE: More officers will be promoted to senior officers as time goes on.

Rules

Now, what everyone is wondering! What in the world are our rules?

Rule 1) Respect pirates inside and outside the guild! Respect inside our guild includes talking nicely to guildmates, being polite and friendly, and helping out. You are not truly required to help out, but it will give you a good reputation in our guild, and can get you promoted to an officer much faster. Also, please try to minimize your use of caps, it gets very irritating to guildmembers and myself. Exceptions are things such as: LOL, GRATS!, NICE! etc. Outside of the guild means to be kind to others, and give our guild a good reputation. Also, this includes saying please when asking for help, and thanking your guildmate/friend when you recieve it. If you are having problems being respectful, I will give you a single warning. If you continue, you will be booted.

Rule 2) Follow the Pirate Code! We are pirates! Lets follow our own code! This includes befriending others wisely, being respectful, not shooting humans ( Yes, I know... I dont like that part either...), etc.

Rule 3) No drama in guild chat. This goes along with the first rule. We define "drama" as anything that can emotionally harm or bother guildmates. It also includes harassment of any kind, yelling, or anything that can irritate guildmembers. Also, keep any arguments outside of guild chat, as it can cause stress to myself and other guildmembers. Also, we dont want to hear about real life issues!!! If your boyfriend/girlfriend dumped you, we dont want to hear about it! If your relative died, we dont want to hear about it! Just keep guild chat clean please. If I get complaints from guildmembers about this, I will talk to the person, and give them a warning. If they fail to follow this rule, they get the boot.

Rule 4) Ask before teleporting. You all know what this means. Please do not teleport to a guildmate without permission unless it is implied that you can teleport. Those exceptions are if you are in a crew with guildmates and you launch a ship. They have full permission to board unless you said not to board beforehand. Other exception is if you are knocked out. If that is the case, and nobody is there to revive you, go ahead and give a quick little shoutout in guild chat saying something like "help please, I'm knocked out" and one of us will teleport to you. The reason this rule is here is because there are times when people want to be alone, and it is annoying when you teleport to them out of the blue.

Rule 5) Dont ask for promotions! It gets very annoying when me or a guildmate has to answer someone when they ask "Can I be officer?" It isn't that hard to please me mates! To be a veteran, it isn't that hard. If I see you actively talking to your fellow guildmates, helping out, and being a good member, that is the first part. I also want veterans to have at least two to three weeks in the guild. After you are a veteran, I will make you an officer when I feel you are ready for it.

Promotions

Now you ask, how can I be promoted? Seriously, why do you care? The purpose of guilds is to have fun, and to have friends to back you up when you need help. Sigh, you guys dont care, you just want to be officers. http://www.other forum.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif Okay then.

Veteran: As I said, it is not hard to become a veteran. It is mainly based on seniority. If you have been in the guild for two to three weeks, and I have seen you actively being a part of the guild, talking, helping out, etc. I will usually take you into consideration for promotion. It really isn't all that hard. Your duties as a veteran are to keep a watchful eye on the guild. If you see someone misbehaving, report them to me, a Senior Officer, or a Co-GM. Also, if you see someone that is worthy of promotion to veteran, let me know and I will consider them! It is also encouraged that you recruit new members for our guild, so that we can expand.

Officer: Getting promoted to an officer is a wee bit harder. First of all, you must have been a veteran for a significant period of time (several weeks AT LEAST). But that isnt it. To be an officer, I must have seen that you have been friendly, social, helpful, etc. to other guild members. Also, you had to have brought people into the guild. "Noobs" don't count! The people must be social, active, and loyal to the guild. If I have seen you do all that, then I will talk to my Co-GM's and Senior Officers, and see what they think. If the majority approve, then I will promote you. However, I still expect you to recruit members, follow all the guild rules, and help lead the guild. Also, if you do happen to leave, please add a baby pirate to our guild. I dont care if the pirate is a level one, but you were promoted for a reason, and it would be shame to have you leave without giving us a little pirate.

Requirements to Join

First and foremost, you must be ready to follow ALL of our guild's rules. Failure to do so will result in warning(s). If you fail to listen to your warnings, you will be ejected from the guild.

You must be social and talkative. We don't want members that join and don't say anything except to yell out "help!" in guild chat when you are knocked out.

You must be ready to stay. If we aren't the type of guild for you, but you want to try us out, that is okay. If you are just a guild hopper who will join any guild they see, then please do not ask to join.

You must not be a drama causer. We don't want members joining who cause drama. You know the rules and the consequences for it. If I or another Sorceror has seen you cause drama in game, you will not be allowed to join. Likewise, if you have caused drama on POF (or any other sites) or you have been seen doing irritating posting styles (Posting continuously without truly needing to, Caps Lock Spam, or any other thing classified as irritating posting style), you will not be allowed to join. We don't want drama causers in the guild.

You must be ready to have fun!

*Takes deep breath* Woah, that was a mouthful. Well, thats some info about Shadow Sorcerors. I will likely add to this thread later, posting info about our guild, people who have been promoted, events, meetings, etc. Sorry for typing for so long, lol. If you are interested in joining us, PM me and I will get you a code.

Oh, and of course... our guild anthem...

Hail to the Shadow Sorcerors!

Hail to the Shadow Sorcerors Guild!

See our cutlasses cut down our foes,
And hear our guns fire and reload.
Black and Red they stand for might,
Teach us to never give up the fight.

Our family couldn’t be more close,
We have shown to each other what matters most.
Not that sword that or throwing knives,
It’s that our family and friendship never die!

And through these times our friendships build,
Hail to the Shadow Sorcerors Guild!

I spy with my little eye Avvies of my design.... hmm.... I wonder why that is...

Haha. I would highly recommend this guild to anyone if they asked of it. Truly, it's fantastic and wonderfully set up.

Oh, and Hi Davy & Sorcerors Co.!

Heard of me?! Good God, I must get away while I'm still free! I can't get caught!

Haha, thanks for all the support guys, and thanks for all the luck mates, its not easy running a guild. ;)

And yes, Crestshot made the Shadow Sorcerors avatars. They are lovely Crestshot!

A little while ago I did a cleanout of inactive members, and we are currently at about 350 members. Some event reminders:

Friday the 20th, 8pm Eastern: We'll be having our Weekly Mini-Event. It'll be in that tavern thats in Las Pulgas in the back of Padres. Server is probably Kokoros.

Saturday the 21st, 4pm Eastern: We'll be continuing our Guild Quest, The Sword and the Spell Book.

Saturday the 28th, 4pm Eastern: Monthly Guild Meeting.

Our guild quest is basically a story line made by our crazed GM, Davy Fireskull. We are looking for a powerful sword and spell book, that will basically make us rule the Caribbean. In other words, Davy made an epic quest for us, and its really fun. We get to fight Smasho and whatnot looking for "Maps" to secret caves. Its really fun.

Back