Idea Shared Bank

Bonny Anne

Wanted Pirate
Hello everyone. Now as a disclaimer I do not agree that trading should be possible between players. It would devalue legendaries as many have already stated. What I propose is a way to trade between our own characters. I will be giving an example on how it might be added using screenshots from another game Wizard101. I will be explaining what is happening in each screenshot for those who aren't familiar with the trading system. I will then conclude at the end with why I think this variant of trading isn't bad for the game.

So to begin we first need to discuss where we would trade weapons between our own characters. A bank, maybe on Tortuga or Port Royal could be placed inside a building where players would be able to store weapons between their Pirates. Similar to below:
Picture 2019-01-30 17-59-27.jpg

Upon opening the bank you would find 2 tabs. One for your inventory and one for you shared bank (where you will place what you want to be traded between your pirates). Similar to below:
InkedPicture 2019-01-30 18-00-16_LI.jpg

(Also for this example we will be using the "Talon of Pestilence" as our weapon we will be trading, so keep an eye on it.)

Upon clicking the "move to shared bank" button the weapon is placed in limbo basically, allowing it to be claimed between any of your other characters. And will then be placed on the "Shared Bank" Tab. See Below:
InkedPicture 2019-01-30 18-00-16_LI2.jpg

And it placed in the shared bank:
InkedPicture 2019-01-30 18-00-32_LI.jpg

Now the final step, would be to swap to another character and then hit the move to backpack (in our pirates case inventory) button. See below
InkedPicture 2019-01-30 18-01-40_LI.jpg

And like that your item is now on another one of your characters! And thats how I think it should work inside TLOPO is by some miracle this is ever considered.

But now why I think this is more healthy then some other suggestions.
1. You will still have to loot yourself. You wont be able to cut hours off game time from just easily picking up a duplicate from a guild mate or friend. You still have to do your own looting, and if you happen to come across and extra Lost Sword or Silver Freeze, you can toss it to one of your own pirates.

2. There is no room for foul play or ways for players to get ripped off or cheated, it's just you and you're already looted weapons.

3. It wont reduce the rareness of legendaries. As every player still wont have one, only the people who put in time and effort to get those pesky legendaries.

(To use any cursed blade, you would still need to finish Raven's Cove Story)
Alright so thats it! let me know what you think! (sorry for the crudeness of the pictures xD)
Edit: Title changed to more accurately describe post. Edit 2: Removed first line so to not confuse with trading.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that make collecting all the legendaries faster? For example you loot on 2 pirates that are on the same account, one pirate gets a legendary that you don't have on your main pirate and you just give it to yourself. Heck you could make 4 more additional pirates and loot on all of them. I forgot to mention some players think that making a new pirate somehow increases their chance of getting a legendary they don't have on their main pirates.

Wouldn't that make collecting all the legendaries faster? For example you loot on 2 pirates that are on the same account, one pirate gets a legendary that you don't have on your main pirate and you just give it to yourself. Heck you could make 4 more additional pirates and loot on all of them. I forgot to mention some players think that making a new pirate somehow increases their chance of getting a legendary they don't have on their main pirates.
I fail to see how collecting all the legendaries would be easier? So you collected 5 Ruby Curses on one pirate, YOU still did the work to get those 5 Whats the difference if you loot 1 on each or 5 on one and transfer them 1 on each. It ends up with the same outcome. Also I think you are underestimating just how rare legendaries are, you certainly wouldn't be completing a collection anytime soon.

I fail to see how collecting all the legendaries would be easier? So you collected 5 Ruby Curses on one pirate, YOU still did the work to get those 5 Whats the difference if you loot 1 on each or 5 on one and transfer them 1 on each. It ends up with the same outcome. Also I think you are underestimating just how rare legendaries are, you certainly wouldn't be completing a collection anytime soon.
You loot on multiple pirates and you just might get a new legendary on each one. I feel like the game gives some players the items that they want on an alt and to me it doesn't seem like legendaries are that rare anymore especially since there's so many now.

I would appreciate this feature in TLOPO as much as I do in W101. Repeat loot drops wouldn't be useless anymore, especially if we can't trade them to a friend. If you loot a second Grand Blunderbuss, it's not as disappointing because you can pass it down to your alt. The same goes for lower-level loot you get with your higher-level pirates; pass it down!

Last edited:
I've said many a times, I think a cache system for TLOPO is a fantastic idea. It is 100% done by the player on the account, and has no ties to actual trading. It's an easier method of storage, or simply making your own inventory look as you want it with a few Legendaries another pirate of yours had. There's not a single downside here that I can think of. It not only makes storage a breeze and swapping items between pirates, but it also helps mitigate that feeling of dread knowing you feel committed to your alternate pirate when you get something on that pirate that isn't your main one.

I do however believe the title should be reworded, as it seems people are getting heated on the very presence of the word. All-in-all, good post!

...There's not a single downside here that I can think of. It not only makes storage a breeze and swapping items between pirates, but it also helps mitigate that feeling of dread knowing you feel committed to your alternate pirate when you get something on that pirate that isn't your main one...
And the underlined is why I agree with supporting this idea as well. (It ‘retains’ both player interest and commitment towards the game). Great idea, @Bonny Anne!

@Misha, @Bonny Anne, or @ whom ever...would a possible downside be though that it permits alt pirates (of lower level than main) becoming stronger which, in-turn, speeds up the efficiency of game-play which is not what we want in the end (because it could lead to greater boredom on alts more so without the feature)? :confused:

And the underlined is why I agree with supporting this idea as well. (It ‘retains’ both player interest and commitment towards the game). Great idea, @Bonny Anne!

@Misha, @Bonny Anne, or @ whom ever...would a possible downside be though that it permits alt pirates (of lower level than main) becoming stronger which, in-turn, speeds up the efficiency of game-play which is not what we want in the end (because it could lead to greater boredom on alts more so without the feature)? :confused:
It leads to a level 24 with Thunderspine crushing 50's in PVP. Which is a extremely fun idea. Of course any good 50 will burn through a 24's hp but still. Having a 'uber' like that is a fun glass cannon concept which was prevalent in old POTCO

It leads to a level 24 with Thunderspine crushing 50's in PVP. Which is a extremely fun idea. Of course any good 50 will burn through a 24's hp but still. Having a 'uber' like that is a fun glass cannon concept which was prevalent in old POTCO
I still think the Raven's
Cove quest should have to be completed to use any type of cursed blade.

Hello everyone. Today I will once again bring up the age old question Should Trading be Implemented? Now as a disclaimer I do not agree that trading should be possible between players. It would devalue legendaries as many have already stated. What I propose is a way to trade between our own characters. I will be giving an example on how it might be added using screenshots from another game Wizard101. I will be explaining what is happening in each screenshot for those who aren't familiar with the trading system. I will then conclude at the end with why I think this variant of trading isn't bad for the game.

So to begin we first need to discuss where we would trade weapons between our own characters. A bank, maybe on Tortuga or Port Royal could be placed inside a building where players would be able to store weapons between their Pirates. Similar to below:View attachment 113028

Upon opening the bank you would find 2 tabs. One for your inventory and one for you shared bank (where you will place what you want to be traded between your pirates). Similar to below:View attachment 113029
(Also for this example we will be using the "Talon of Pestilence" as our weapon we will be trading, so keep an eye on it.)

Upon clicking the "move to shared bank" button the weapon is placed in limbo basically, allowing it to be claimed between any of your other characters. And will then be placed on the "Shared Bank" Tab. See Below:View attachment 113030
And it placed in the shared bank:View attachment 113031

Now the final step, would be to swap to another character and then hit the move to backpack (in our pirates case inventory) button. See belowView attachment 113032
And like that your item is now on another one of your characters! And thats how I think it should work inside TLOPO is by some miracle this is ever considered.

But now why I think this is more healthy then some other suggestions.
1. You will still have to loot yourself. You wont be able to cut hours off game time from just easily picking up a duplicate from a guild mate or friend. You still have to do your own looting, and if you happen to come across and extra Lost Sword or Silver Freeze, you can toss it to one of your own pirates.

2. There is no room for foul play or ways for players to get ripped off or cheated, it's just you and you're already looted weapons.

3. It wont reduce the rareness of legendaries. As every player still wont have one, only the people who put in time and effort to get those pesky legendaries.

(To use any cursed blade, you would still need to finish Raven's Cove Story)
Alright so thats it! let me know what you think! (sorry for the crudeness of the pictures xD)
Edit: Title changed to more accurately describe post.
Not going there.
But this is nothing like trading in the least. It's basically inventory control internally per account.
You've very nicely just described a simple bank or chest with the added convenience of account sharing. Nothing here about trading.
Might want to think about editing your first line as well so this doesn't go off track sorta like it has a little.

Not going there.
But this is nothing like trading in the least. It's basically inventory control internally per account.
You've very nicely just described a simple bank or chest with the added convenience of account sharing. Nothing here about trading.
Well it technically is. But I can see why you would think it isn't.

Well it technically is. But I can see why you would think it isn't.
Actually, I can't think why anyone would think it's like trading. There's only deposits and withdraws. It's looks just like a guild bank.
Nothing wrong with the idea, I like it.
So I respectfully disagree, I see nothing like trading here.

Back