Idea Shared Bank

Not going there.
But this is nothing like trading in the least. It's basically inventory control internally per account.
You've very nicely just described a simple bank or chest with the added convenience of account sharing. Nothing here about trading.
Might want to think about editing your first line as well so this doesn't go off track sorta like it has a little.
thanks for the feedback, first line has been removed.

Hello everyone. Now as a disclaimer I do not agree that trading should be possible between players. It would devalue legendaries as many have already stated. What I propose is a way to trade between our own characters. I will be giving an example on how it might be added using screenshots from another game Wizard101. I will be explaining what is happening in each screenshot for those who aren't familiar with the trading system. I will then conclude at the end with why I think this variant of trading isn't bad for the game.

So to begin we first need to discuss where we would trade weapons between our own characters. A bank, maybe on Tortuga or Port Royal could be placed inside a building where players would be able to store weapons between their Pirates. Similar to below:View attachment 113028

Upon opening the bank you would find 2 tabs. One for your inventory and one for you shared bank (where you will place what you want to be traded between your pirates). Similar to below:View attachment 113029
(Also for this example we will be using the "Talon of Pestilence" as our weapon we will be trading, so keep an eye on it.)

Upon clicking the "move to shared bank" button the weapon is placed in limbo basically, allowing it to be claimed between any of your other characters. And will then be placed on the "Shared Bank" Tab. See Below:View attachment 113030
And it placed in the shared bank:View attachment 113031

Now the final step, would be to swap to another character and then hit the move to backpack (in our pirates case inventory) button. See belowView attachment 113032
And like that your item is now on another one of your characters! And thats how I think it should work inside TLOPO is by some miracle this is ever considered.

But now why I think this is more healthy then some other suggestions.
1. You will still have to loot yourself. You wont be able to cut hours off game time from just easily picking up a duplicate from a guild mate or friend. You still have to do your own looting, and if you happen to come across and extra Lost Sword or Silver Freeze, you can toss it to one of your own pirates.

2. There is no room for foul play or ways for players to get ripped off or cheated, it's just you and you're already looted weapons.

3. It wont reduce the rareness of legendaries. As every player still wont have one, only the people who put in time and effort to get those pesky legendaries.

(To use any cursed blade, you would still need to finish Raven's Cove Story)
Alright so thats it! let me know what you think! (sorry for the crudeness of the pictures xD)
Edit: Title changed to more accurately describe post. Edit 2: Removed first line so to not confuse with trading.

Hi, in Wizard101 shared bank is very useful and I like your idea but I feel like instead of a shared bank we should have more Iventory space for TLOPO.

but also Shared bank it really does reminds meh for TRADING! ( and there are so many threads about it. ) I'm not against the idea but I feel like it will be too much.

This. Definitely 100% supported. I only just started playing the game (and so have no clue about these Legendaries people are speaking of), but it seems to me that almost every single MMO out there has some sort of mechanic for a bank. A place to drop off stuff that you want to hang onto, but maybe can't use at the moment. And most of them have a shared bank/account bank feature. My main has a couple of items that can't be used until either she is higher level, or else has certain skills at higher levels. I would love to put them in the bank (and thereby freeing up precious inventory space)! And if I come across a sword or pistol that I think my level 5 pirate might be able to use, then I would love the ability to pass it over to him. Nothing wrong with alts getting the hand-me-downs. That has been a staple in gaming since, well, forever. Love the idea, and definitely hoping to see it implemented!

Yes Yes and Yes. I would love to have a shared bank of some sorts! Would be nice to be able to trade pieces of clothing to my alts that look better than the clothes in character creation.

How would the mechanics of this actually work? Wouldn’t a player’s username/password have to be inputted somewhere in order for one’s alts to be able to access? If so, how readily would this work since both verification and account security have to be dealt with while one is already logged-in? *In other words, is it feasible or not (in-game) since the launcher alone handles directly all of that personal information? :confused:

How would the mechanics of this actually work? Wouldn’t a player’s username/password have to be inputted somewhere in order for one’s alts to be able to access? If so, how readily would this work since both verification and account security have to be dealt with while one is already logged-in? *In other words, is it feasible or not (in-game) since the launcher alone handles directly all of that personal information? :confused:

The actual mechanics shouldn't be all that hard, really. All the Devs have to do is input the code to be account-inclusive. Wizard101 does is really well, as does Pirate101 (if I am not mistaken), not to mention many, many other MMO's out there. It becomes another account feature, really.

Back