Ship customization

Aren't the war sloops and war brigs the same speed?

Yes lad they do the same speed. As to ye initial question, that depends. If SvS be ye sole pursuit keep the War Sloop. If ye wish to plunder and SvS, then go with the War Brig. It is easier to get a public crew on a War Brig then it is on a War Sloop in plunder sailing. Also if ye sail solo the War Brig hits harder then the War Sloop.

Thanks very much, I think I will get the war brig then, cause I don't do much SvS, but mainly plunder.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Storm Chasers are not the best for plunder since you lose so much space. The Fortune Hunter ups the War Brig to 24 slots for cargo, which is pretty huge and you're still faster than a galleon or even a frigate.

The Stormchaser upgrade has the standard cargo hull for a War Brig which is 16. Streamline I and Streamline II both reduce cargo hold size, but as stated above it is returned with Streamline III.

As Eliza stated the Fortune Hunter upgrade gives a massive cargo hold for plunder.

In my humble opinion the War Brig really shines in either the Stormchaser or Firestorm hull upgrades depending on which cannon ram ye have. I also love the Fortune Hunter and Copperhead upgrades as well. Just remember that landing consistent hits with the broads on a War Brig takes practice and the most precise alignment of any ship class. Also the armor placement is different on the War Brig then other ship classes.

Fair Winds Lad and good luck with whatever ship and hull upgrade ye choose. Just have fun!

Back