Sailing MEGATHREAD: Hanging/frozen loading screens (ship docking, etc)

Ataelos

Pirate Apprentice
When any ship I am on docks at an island, my game freezes, and I have to exit and rejoin to keep playing. Do you know what that means? It means that I don't get my plunder. This happens at least twice a day, but today just now I made me WAY more mad than usual. 13 Rare Ship Materials, 13 Ship Materials in my first haul. Gone. 18 Rare Ship Materials, 4 Ship Materials, 2 Loot Skull Chests. Gone. Fifteen Loot Skull chests in a loot run. Gone. All three of those things are very good plunder, and I lost all three of them IN A ROW! I can't imagine what I would have gotten. I've literally been trying to get nine pine wood for those three entire times, and I can't even get a single gold from my hours of troubles. Preferably it would be nice if you could fix the important glitches in the game, not just the pointless "GUI loading is one pixel off," but instead all of the ship glitches. I am aware that this is difficult, so if you can't do that, then I least award my pirate (Patron De Septem) with something to make up for these losses. And even with that, you should probably give everyone a consolation reward for all the times that their ships didn't port correctly. And yes, I did all the precautions. I made sure everyone was off the cannons, stopped the ship, waited exactly five minutes at the port out of combat, made sure I wasn't lagging at all with any background tabs and such, then I docked. I didn't minimize the game while it was loading, as that causes lag, and after waiting fifteen minutes (this was the third loot loss with the fifteen loot skull chests), I had to reload the game and not get my loot again. Do you know what I'm doing now? Attempting a fourth time to get some ship plunder. I will write down my fourth attempt here when I'm done.

Fourth Attempt Results: 10 Rare Ship Materials, 12 Ship Materials, 5 Loot Skull Chests. I'm about to port.... let's see what happens..... Phew. It loaded after six minutes of waiting on the edge of my seat. No good loot though. It definitely doesn't make up for the three in a row I lost prior to it. And I'm certain it only worked because I'm writing about it on the forums so the universe does this to me. As soon as I stop writing on here it will stop working again.

Please refrain from using foul language on the forums. There's really nothing you can do but wait for it to be fixed, I understand your frustration but these things happen, it's beta. And I don't really think you'll get anything from them, it's a bug that needs to be fixed and it eventually will be. :)

I lost all three of them IN A ROW! I can't imagine what I would have gotten.
I am aware that this is difficult, so if you can't do that, then I least award my pirate (Patron De Septem) with something to make up for these losses. And even with that, you should probably give everyone a consolation reward for all the times that their ships didn't port correctly.
You just pointed out one of the main reasons why you will not be receiving something to make up for your losses.

You mean you get the endless loading screen? There's a lot of people who are experiencing it and I'm sure they're doing their best at fixing it also you do get all gold and materials when you port automatically just not the loot, with that being said they did give out iron and steel redeem codes I know it's not much but it's better than nothing.

This is my last log where this happened to me a few minutes ago, lots of python and direct x errors near bottom of log.

Attachments

• tlopo-170920_203650 - Copy.log
    600 KB · Views: 128
This crashing when porting, whether driving or crewing, is the biggest irritant in the game for me. It just happens way too often. Ok, we are still in Beta. I understand. But it sould be nice if it is fixed.

Out of 5 sailing runs (3 of which were gold runs) I crashed 3 times on port (2 times on gold run)

Logging out and logging in between runs doesn't work and I'm unsure if there's even a way for it to be fixed.

(I know you get gold and mats automatically upon porting, but I would much prefer to be able to get the loot as well.)

If anybody has any workarounds for this, please let me know.

Constantly having Porting issues , Seems more so with smaller ships and worse on some Isles then others . Rum Runners I dread going to for a quest due to the Fact I get " You're sailing to close ? yet can't keep the Anchor there long enough to Port . If by chance You Force Port ( In Motion ) You most likely won't get a Loading bar !! Not good to be In Motion to port !!

My game crashes sometimes when porting but only when im on other peoples ship it seems but that could be because they force port

I've heard it helps if you close out the game, relog, and reboard the ship right before you port. Just make sure someone you trust has the wheel so they don't port without you, haha. I'm not sure if it actually helps, but if it's happening to you 3/4 times, it's probably worth a shot! Good luck :)

Okay, well I feel really dumb....back after some update...I know i posted that I changed my setting to use v sync and unchecked fancy loading page(win1064bit), which worked for a really long time....Since latest update....After always having the freezing screen upon porting cargo(99% of the time that had skull chests)....including freezing just an hour ago multiple times....I finally unchecked vsync and checked box to use fancy loading screen. No probs porting now....sigh. Hope that helps someone til our next update ^^(which is a great update in soooooo many ways!! ) And it may not be anything to do with settings at all, but with some "behind the scenes tinkerin'" being done to fix stuffs. In any case, I'm a happy puppy :bang:

*****EDIT/UPDATE****So, this afternoon all my settings had reverted to defaults? sound and all.......Just remember to check your settings/options from character screen.

Last edited:
Out of 5 sailing runs (3 of which were gold runs) I crashed 3 times on port (2 times on gold run)

Logging out and logging in between runs doesn't work and I'm unsure if there's even a way for it to be fixed.

(I know you get gold and mats automatically upon porting, but I would much prefer to be able to get the loot as well.)

If anybody has any workarounds for this, please let me know.
If someone is on a cannon when you port the game can crash, ever since I've had everyone get off the cannons when porting no one's been crashing.

Crashing when docking has become a major issue int he game recently.

Back