Ship Of The Line? I'll Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents:

1. There is no record (that I can find) in which a pirate crew took over a Ship of the Line. They might try, but it was usually considered suicide due to the large complement of marines these ships usually carried. For the sake of keeping the game slightly realistic, it would be ridiculous to see a few dozen Ships of the Line floating around on the Caribbean.

2. Have fun being a target. SvS might be interesting when you have a ship the size of Rumrunner's Island, but EVERYONE is going to be gunning for you. Also, if you list your ship as public, good luck with all the noobs tp-ing to your ship.

3. SotL's are not by any means invincible. I was on Sabona for a fleet once, and myself plus two other war frigates managed to take out the fleet's Ship of the Line with relatively small crews. Don't hype them up to be more than they actually are.

4. Balance. If Disney wants to shoot ship combat straight down the toilet, they need to do little more than introduce the SotL. Honestly speaking, what could stand against you if you had a Ship of the Line? A fleet? Possibly, but those are few and far between. The game is already slightly out of whack with Cannon skills, but if you really want to kill ship combat, bring in a bigger ship.

My two cents:

1. There is no record (that I can find) in which a pirate crew took over a Ship of the Line. They might try, but it was usually considered suicide due to the large complement of marines these ships usually carried. For the sake of keeping the game slightly realistic, it would be ridiculous to see a few dozen Ships of the Line floating around on the Caribbean.
2. Have fun being a target. SvS might be interesting when you have a ship the size of Rumrunner's Island, but EVERYONE is going to be gunning for you. Also, if you list your ship as public, good luck with all the noobs tp-ing to your ship.
3. SotL's are not by any means invincible. I was on Sabona for a fleet once, and myself plus two other war frigates managed to take out the fleet's Ship of the Line with relatively small crews. Don't hype them up to be more than they actually are.
4. Balance. If Disney wants to shoot ship combat straight down the toilet, they need to do little more than introduce the SotL. Honestly speaking, what could stand against you if you had a Ship of the Line? A fleet? Possibly, but those are few and far between. The game is already slightly out of whack with Cannon skills, but if you really want to kill ship combat, bring in a bigger ship.
Um, isnt it slightly ridiculous to see a few dozen light galleons floating around? just saying.
I think it would be rather cool to see them all floating around.
You know the more the merrier. during svs you need all the help you can get. It's more funner to see how many times you can sink them but yet they cant sink you if you knew what to do.
Nothing is invincible. Not any ships. But they could still be fun.
I agree bring in the bigger ships! The bigger the better! :lol1:;)

Also no pirate had a Warship. They didn;t even had frigates. The best they had was either a Sloop or a looted merchant vessal. Even the Black Pearl itself is a East Indiaman, used for trading goods overseas after a long voyage.
And Sao Fang wasn't a real pirate but Mistress Chang is. Go figure.

Black Bart had a Frigate called Royal Fortune

Oh your right Basil. He is one of my favorite pirates and can't believe I forgot about him.

But let me clear up the fact that I am not opposed to having any new ships at all. I think schooners and brigitines will be a nice touch. I would even settle for a Junk, a ship that has no place in the Caribbean, rather then a SOTL.
EDIT (Feb 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM):
Will u are correct and Captain Fear is correct. but the Black Pearl is now no longer cursed as soon as Jack Sparrow returned with it from the locker. Even Davy Jones himself told Jack that. Serve a hundred years before the mast. When Jack saw and met Davy Jones again Davy admitted that he had returned to the living and so with that the Black Pearl has returned also. Although it does retain it's color and demeaner. What i am curious about is how is Navy Commodore Barbossa going to change the game???? :D

Your right it's not cursed. Even before it was hunted by the kraken it was cursed still right? Because it was still part of Jones deal? As for Barbossa in the Navy :)eek:) I only think a small quest will happen and will go like this
Barbossa: Ah the blasted Navy is after me again. Help me stop them! Arrr!
-Small fight ensuses-
Barbossa: Ah they running off! But they cut off me leg! Arrr! Find me a peg leg at once! Arrr!
-small search for peg leg involving possibly Doc Grog, searching barrels or sinking ships-
Barbossa: Excellant work lad! Here's some loot now be off! Arrr!
But Disney will overlook this movie's storylines and leave Barbossa as he is. Ugh!

aye Captain Fear....when witty Captain Jack Sparrow went down with the pearl both curses were voided as far as Davy Jones was concerned.... as for the mini quest, that is a brilliant idea Captain Fear..... i am curious meself as to how Barbossa has come to that end... peg leg Navy and all....
biggrin.gif

Let me guess captain fear u don't want them because u cant afford them some of us worked are butts of saving so no I am buy that or a revenants no matter wat u say.

Isn't that a little presumptious of you sir? Money is not an issue. Due to months of basic membership, lots of money went in and very little went out. I am able to but SOTL but I think it would just cheapen the game. And I would join you in buying a reverant. I think it would be cool to own a cursed ship but it will be matched by other ships.
In conclusion, dear Roger, if you really want to make a wayward insult, think twice before you go off to rash actions.
Your truley,
Captain Fear

Isn't that a little presumptious of you sir? Money is not an issue. Due to months of basic membership, lots of money went in and very little went out. I am able to but SOTL but I think it would just cheapen the game. And I would join you in buying a reverant. I think it would be cool to own a cursed ship but it will be matched by other ships.
In conclusion, dear Roger, if you really want to make a wayward insult, think twice before you go off to rash actions.
Your truley,
Captain Fear
I think you misunderstood me I wasn't trying to insult you its just you came out a little harsh on your part and i guess mine came out a bit harsh too. There was no insult intended. One of the reasons I might just get the ship of the line is because if we get customization imagine how sweet it would look. But before I buy anything I will see if what people say is true and that revs have fury broadsides Cerberus have explosive phantoms have thunderbolt and the warlord has fire brand.
EDIT (Feb 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM):

Well on test there were these massive galleons called bastions lvl 80 to 60 they were just a bit bigger than a normal war galleon to me it looked like it.

I think you misunderstood me I wasn't trying to insult you its just you came out a little harsh on your part and i guess mine came out a bit harsh too. There was no insult intended. One of the reasons I might just get the ship of the line is because if we get customization imagine how sweet it would look. But before I buy anything I will see if what people say is true and that revs have fury broadsides Cerberus have explosive phantoms have thunderbolt and the warlord has fire brand.
EDIT (Feb 16, 2011 at 2:05 PM):

Well on test there were these massive galleons called bastions lvl 80 to 60 they were just a bit bigger than a normal war galleon to me it looked like it.
your message wasn't harsh at all. it was the truth.

Ok I love sailing so I should love this ship ok mabey others don't like to sail witch is sorta weard becouse you are well PIRATES!! lol any ways this ship will be awsome from what I have seen any ways I am shure Disney will come up with biger ships for us to defeat ok so happy plundering ye pirates!!!

Ok I love sailing so I should love this ship ok mabey others don't like to sail witch is sorta weard becouse you are well PIRATES!! lol any ways this ship will be awsome from what I have seen any ways I am shure Disney will come up with biger ships for us to defeat ok so happy plundering ye pirates!!!
We they make bigger ships? Is this for real? All I want is a challenge

EDIT (Feb 16, 2011 10:05 PM):

disney is so lazy i wouldnt count on anything like customizeation

To be honest this sounded cool at first but when i looked into it a little morei learned that it was a giant floating target no better than a war galleon by all means get it but if ur smart keep ur frigate for svs

To be honest this sounded cool at first but when i looked into it a little morei learned that it was a giant floating target no better than a war galleon by all means get it but if ur smart keep ur frigate for svs
Ship of the Line with a good crew is a tough challenge. There were three in SVS on test last night. Lotta fun but it takes a fleet to sink them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back