Ship Of The Line? I'll Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should have a SOTL as a SvS award. After you reach Admiral you can purchase the SOTL for 200,000 gold. Then you can only use it in privateering.. mostly because using it agaisnt NPC would be real over kill. This would give the admirals a more reason to keep SvSing since they don't have to work on their rank anymore. As well as spice things up a bit in SvS. You would have to work as a team to take down a full fury SOTL.
That would be awesome, except for the fact some people get their freinds to help them get infamy. They need to get rid of those people first, then do that. Or, maybe, after reaching a certain number of sink streaks (250, maybe?) you can get it for free.

I have heard ppl talking about the ship of the line, that is supposed to be coming out of the second, And i was wondering if someone could give me their thoughts on wether to buy it or not. Thanks :)

Well if were going on about our life story then my player is on his fishing boat in Agama!

that was Off Topic... :confused:

I hope the ship of the line is expensive so its rare :3

well if they keep making bigger ships:oops:maybe we wont need to sail cause there wont be enough ocean left:fight:then we have a ship yard to duel on!:cool:sword fight:daggermouth:

now that u mention it.... i see ur point Captain Fear. Its more fun when the enemies r harder.... I still think it looks cool tho xD

I think that svs thing is a bad idea because i dong svs for personal reasons an that wouldnt be fair to me and the many ppl who dont like svs or arent good at it therefore i think they should not do that. I think it should be like regular ships as for npc ships i think they should make then stronger and harder to beat and they should add ship dof the line npcs sailing around. Not just after u get to a certain scoundrel rank
Sorry for any typos i did this on my iPhone

Hopefully. I heard that Ship of the Line and trading comes out tomorrow. I hope they both do, but I think we'll be lucky if we get one of them.
Trading has not gone to the test server, so that WILL NOT be out tomorrow. As for the ship of the line, it hasn't gone to test technically either, only three people have it, as I said before, it was released by mistake. They have no idea what will happen when there are 20 SOTL's on the water. I hope no one is getting their hopes up for all of this... I am not trying to be mean or anything, just do not want to hear anything tomorrow when there is nothing new.

they usually update the game on thursday first of all and the chances that trading will be coming in slim now im gonna say this again we need a place to store items i need room for more clothes and to get all my discontinued weapons out of my inventory

WHO'S WITH ME!!!

Me. It wouldn't be a pretty sight and almost impossible to expect to have tons of SOTL (as we know it now) floating around the Caribbean seas, belong to pirates. SOTL reminds me of the nowadays Caribbean Cruiseline to me (the recreational one). I could not picture it being 'bad' as to live up to pirates' personalities. And I agree that there has to be an ultimate challenge on the sea, that would make pirates want to conquer. If we - pirates - were entitled to purchase SOTLs, having a higher level SOTL (belongs to the Navy or EITC or Bounty Hunters) as our challenge but exactly the same 'look'/appearance, would not be appealing to me. Ship appearance needs to be different ... in other words, I agree with Redhorn. I'd rather have a different class of SOTL for us pirates, rather than the same kind of SOTL as we know it now. Or ship customization (that's debatable, and I'd like some limitations on what kind of customization, but I will not discuss it here. I'll do it on a different thread).

Me. It wouldn't be a pretty sight and almost impossible to expect to have tons of SOTL (as we know it now) floating around the Caribbean seas, belong to pirates. SOTL reminds me of the nowadays Caribbean Cruiseline to me (the recreational one). I could not picture it being 'bad' as to live up to pirates' personalities. And I agree that there has to be an ultimate challenge on the sea, that would make pirates want to conquer. If we - pirates - were entitled to purchase SOTLs, having a higher level SOTL (belongs to the Navy or EITC or Bounty Hunters) as our challenge but exactly the same 'look'/appearance, would not be appealing to me. Ship appearance needs to be different ... in other words, I agree with Redhorn. I'd rather have a different class of SOTL for us pirates, rather than the same kind of SOTL as we know it now. Or ship customization (that's debatable, and I'd like some limitations on what kind of customization, but I will not discuss it here. I'll do it on a different thread).
I think that we should have the different classes of the Ship of the Line like said above. But if they put enemy ships with the Ship of the Line they would have to be as tough as Warships or tougher. As for ship customization. I think there should be limits but not too many. I think we should be able to color the hulls. But only realistic colors like Black Brown Dark red (Like the QAR) or an Eerie Green (Flying Dutchman) And be able do things such as choose the style and class of this ship and then change the color of the sails. Put designs on the sails. Fly flags. Put head pieces. Decide where the cannons go on the ship. Where the stairs go. These are a few things that would make it more realistic. Because Pirates had these things.

And why did you describe the ship customization in this thread, Jim ... ;) There is another thread for that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back