Ship Of The Line? I'll Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captian Fear

Pirate Master
ahoy.gif
Hi there mates! I think it's time to adress one of my biggest fears on POTCO. The ability of buying a SOTL. This vessal are big and powerful yes but would a true pirate use them? No way. The Navy and the EITC having them made sound unfair but thats what its supposed to be. They always need to have the upperhand and be more challenging.

The whole point of Treasure Fleets is banding together in a rag-tag armada to overcome the deadly SOTL that takes out Frigates in a few broadsides. If pirates were granted access to it, the game would be over quickly and give less experiance to other ships. And with all that loot that will collected so easily from other ships, pirates will soon grow rich and their lives will be more easier. The SOTL in a nutshell will only make the gameplay less challenging and I pray that I will never see it on the seas.

WHO'S WITH ME!!!
ar.gif

Anyone?

Anyone?

facepalm.gif

:ahoy:Hi there mates! I think it's time to adress one of my biggest fears on POTCO. The ability of buying a SOTL. This vessal are big and powerful yes but would a true pirate use them? No way. The Navy and the EITC having them made sound unfair but thats what its supposed to be. They always need to have the upperhand and be more challenging.

The whole point of Treasure Fleets is banding together in a rag-tag armada to overcome the deadly SOTL that takes out Frigates in a few broadsides. If pirates were granted access to it, the game would be over quickly and give less experiance to other ships. And with all that loot that will collected so easily from other ships, pirates will soon grow rich and their lives will be more easier. The SOTL in a nutshell will only make the gameplay less challenging and I pray that I will never see it on the seas.

WHO'S WITH ME!!!:arrrrr:

Anyone?

Anyone?

:facepalm:

In real life there were a few pirates who had war class ships, they even had their own fleet! I think one of them was Blackbeard or So Fang, I'll have to check

In real life there were a few pirates who had war class ships, they even had their own fleet! I think one of them was Blackbeard or So Fang, I'll have to check

Well those fleets were actually a bunch of Captains working under one commander. And t=at the most they would have two to three. I would be surprised to see if they had any more then four.

And yes Blackbeard was a fleet leader of two ships but one sank and the other he died on.
EDIT (Feb 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM):
oh fail.. i meant I *
EDIT (Feb 7, 2011 at 5:36 PM):

yeah dude but I wouldn't sink every 2 seconds

Still is it as fair to the players that don't have enough money to buy their own? 200 grand is a lot even for a seasoned pirate. Sometimes being a pirate means you have to challenge yourself and if you have a huge Warship then you were basically robbing yourself of a fun experiance.
EDIT (Feb 7, 2011 at 5:43 PM):

Also no pirate had a Warship. They didn;t even had frigates. The best they had was either a Sloop or a looted merchant vessal. Even the Black Pearl itself is a East Indiaman, used for trading goods overseas after a long voyage.
And Sao Fang wasn't a real pirate but Mistress Chang is. Go figure.

Well those fleets were actually a bunch of Captains working under one commander. And t=at the most they would have two to three. I would be surprised to see if they had any more then four.

And yes Blackbeard was a fleet leader of two ships but one sank and the other he died on.

Still is it as fair to the players that don't have enough money to buy their own? 200 grand is a lot even for a seasoned pirate. Sometimes being a pirate means you have to challenge yourself and if you have a huge Warship then you were basically robbing yourself of a fun experiance.

Also no pirate had a Warship. They didn;t even had frigates. The best they had was either a Sloop or a looted merchant vessal. Even the Black Pearl itself is a East Indiaman, used for trading goods overseas after a long voyage.

But what about us level 50's? We have like NOTHING to do/nothing to spend money on!

:ahoy:Hi there mates! I think it's time to adress one of my biggest fears on POTCO. The ability of buying a SOTL. This vessal are big and powerful yes but would a true pirate use them? No way. The Navy and the EITC having them made sound unfair but thats what its supposed to be. They always need to have the upperhand and be more challenging.

Anyone?

Anyone?

im not with u people can already kill ships in 1 broadside with a war frigate and pirates back then probably stole ships as the sotl it wouldnt make it that much easier then it is now

no its not o.o it was a cursed vessle brought back from the depths of the ocean for jack by davy jones gosh Mr watch the movies

Anyone?

Anyone?

I agree with you, the best part about a game is the challenges.

Okay I'm going to stop you right there Christoper Cannonskull. I'm a GIANT fan of the movies and if your read the backstory of the Black Pearl you will hear the following:
- Jack worked for the EITC before he was a pirate
- He owned a ship entitled the Wicked Wench
- Beckett ordered him to deliver a cargo of slaves
- Jack, who loved freedom, declined and set the slaves free
- Beckett was angered and marked him a pirate with a burn mark (P) and set the Wicked Wench aflame.
- Jack who loved the ship made a deal with Davy Jones to get it back from the depths
- After it was risen the sails were tattered and it was all black from the enchantments used to raise it
- The rest you know from the movies

Mr. Cannonskull.......... YOU JUST GOT SERVED!!!!
I say that in the nicest way possible.

Okay I'm going to stop you right there Christoper Cannonskull. I'm a GIANT fan of the movies and if your read the backstory of the Black Pearl you will hear the following:
- Beckett was angered and marked him a pirate with a burn mark (P) and set the Wicked Wench aflame.
- Jack who loved the ship made a deal with Davy Jones to get it back from the depths
- After it was risen the sails were tattered and it was all black from the enchantments used to raise it

eh i still dont care pirates could have stolen war ships like the sotl

yeah but its now a cursed ship that was risen from the ocean so BAM right in the face!!!

Will u are correct and Captain Fear is correct. but the Black Pearl is now no longer cursed as soon as Jack Sparrow returned with it from the locker. Even Davy Jones himself told Jack that. Serve a hundred years before the mast. When Jack saw and met Davy Jones again Davy admitted that he had returned to the living and so with that the Black Pearl has returned also. Although it does retain it's color and demeaner. What i am curious about is how is Navy Commodore Barbossa going to change the game????
biggrin.gif

Ah that's the name I was tryin to remember Mistress Chang. I keep getting mixed up
A few pirates had frigates, but they didn't go any higher than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back