Question Ship Of The Line?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ship Of The Line Was only used in POTCO Test REALM!
if this ship is added to TLOPO it will bring chaos in SVS... a Monster Ship....

but it is a good suggestion thought.
Not exactly. The ship would be very slow and unable to keep up with other large ships such as the War Frigate and War Brig.

It would get destroyed from behind by the War Sloop and anything able to get behind it.

I was lucky enough to get it back in test server on POTCO. It’s not as OP as people really think.

I got mine! Anyone who wants a ship of the line and don't have one already should blame themselves!
Enjoy a pic or two of me on my own sotl and eat yer hearts out!
screenshot_2017-11-03_17-59-31.jpg
screenshot_2017-11-03_18-00-40.jpg

Wasn't this one of the boss ships that came after you with the Hunters? I remember seeing these back in the day

Yes, the Tally-Ho and the Battle Royale are two Ship-of-the-Lines that can be found upon maxing out your sea infamy by sinking EITC and Navy vessels. There is also one presently implemented Ship of the Line in the form of the HMS Goliath during the Black Pearl Battle, as well as a few lesser mentioned SotL's that can be found during Treasure Fleets.

Add the ship of the line for purchase maybe for 300k gold or even gold with 100s of materials. They'll just have to decrease the ship's speed and turning since it's such a huge ship.

I used to sail the Outlaw Rebel on the POTCO test servers. There would have to be some stat changes if it was to be introduced to TLOPO as a usable ship in my opinion. An armor nerf for SVS would be best, but still retaining the same speed, tacking and firepower. It doesn't take much to stern-lock one in a Sloop, especially one captained by someone who knows what they're doing. However, they were still bullet sponges and it'd take a large amount of salvos to sink one.

This is meant to be a beta test right?
Why are people so against the idea of adding the sotl if we are truly in a testing environment that a beta should be, then is it not sensible to encourage adding the ship specifically for the purpose of testing it in a live situation to properly determine its effects, positive or negative that people constantly hark in every sotl-related thread.?

Infact, I think now is the only time you could actually do this as once you are out of the testing state of the game, there is much less ability to attach a "this ship is in testing and may be removed later on" tag and actually follow through without repercussions of people complaining they lost their main ship. Put a big red window over the top of name selection when they choose to buy it saying in all caps "IN TEST" or "WiP" or "MAY BE DELETED" etc and people can hardly complain. Give them a 6month window and monitor how it affects the game and then determine if its suitable or not, a test period like this could then be used as more tangible evidence of the answer to the question, and wouldn't affect the game moving forward, due to the ability to remove it if needed.

As for the ship itself, the best solution would be to use the PotCO test server stats and adjust them depending on how the ship perform. I would also suggest initially disabling upgrades, or limiting whats available to the ship for balance, then adding them on later if it seems okay. Over the timeslot selected the ship can then be "balanced" as seen fit.

This is meant to be a beta test right?
Why are people so against the idea of adding the sotl if we are truly in a testing environment that a beta should be, then is it not sensible to encourage adding the ship specifically for the purpose of testing it in a live situation to properly determine its effects, positive or negative that people constantly hark in every sotl-related thread.?

Infact, I think now is the only time you could actually do this as once you are out of the testing state of the game, there is much less ability to attach a "this ship is in testing and may be removed later on" tag and actually follow through without repercussions of people complaining they lost their main ship. Put a big red window over the top of name selection when they choose to buy it saying in all caps "IN TEST" or "WiP" or "MAY BE DELETED" etc and people can hardly complain. Give them a 6month window and monitor how it affects the game and then determine if its suitable or not, a test period like this could then be used as more tangible evidence of the answer to the question, and wouldn't affect the game moving forward, due to the ability to remove it if needed.

As for the ship itself, the best solution would be to use the PotCO test server stats and adjust them depending on how the ship perform. I would also suggest initially disabling upgrades, or limiting whats available to the ship for balance, then adding them on later if it seems okay. Over the timeslot selected the ship can then be "balanced" as seen fit.
I think some people don't want it to be added because they think the ship will be as powerful as the tally-ho or even the battle royale. I don't think they have to disable upgrades for the sotl because it has the same amount of broadsides that a war galleon has and it'll be even slower than a war galleon because of its size, the hp will be increased because again of its size but I doubt it'll be overpowered and even a threat in svs.

Back