Ship Of The Line

Would you like the Ship of the Line to be available to everyone or just members?

• Total voters
I think the SOTL should be for people with level 30 sailing and a membership, because, what is the point of mastering sailing and getting a membership if you don't have anything special for it? If I could be a lvl one basic and get a SOTL, there is something wrong with the game.

August 3rd 2010 there were other ships too..
Ship of the line, Revenant, Phantom, kingfisher, warlord
the kingfisher is just plain horrible. no cargo space not much health..
the warlord is a better price deal although i hate it... nothing special about broadsides like kingfisher
the phantom and revenant however are worth ALOT more because they shoot fury broadsides.
The ship of the line does not appear to shoot any special type of broadsides BUT it does have 24 broadside cannons on each side. and add to that their making it 12 deck player compatiable (useable) cannons.
Kingfisher is "worth" 120000 warlord is worth 140000 Phantom is worth 160000 Revenant is worth 180000
and Ship of the line is obviously worth 200000
and what i saw from a comment on a different forum page i agree disney is just doing this stuff to keep us playing and waiting.

Disney has to get more strict for what they let basic access people do. lower the uses things basic access members can do it'll make them want it and go unlimited.. and then disney will be happy and put more stuff :D

the warlord is a better price deal although i hate it... nothing special about broadsides like kingfisher
the phantom and revenant however are worth ALOT more because they shoot fury broadsides.
The ship of the line does not appear to shoot any special type of broadsides BUT it does have 24 broadside cannons on each side. and add to that their making it 12 deck player compatiable (useable) cannons.
Kingfisher is "worth" 120000 warlord is worth 140000 Phantom is worth 160000 Revenant is worth 180000
and what i saw from a comment on a different forum page i agree disney is just doing this stuff to keep us playing and waiting.
i am one of the people who has said that last part and i think a few others did too but im not sure and im not gonna search all over the forums for who said what but even if it was released on test by mistake its still keeping us waiting plus all that gold to pay for some of these ships (im sure some r useless but i dont have test so i wouldnt know) for a few months after sotl was released on test i thoght omg its gonna come soon but now its been nearly a year sense that event has happened and i no longer have high hopes for it coming a year should be more than enough time to get it up and running and most of us who have mastered sailing and have max gold already dont rly go plundering anymore plus there is no more challenge in the game which is why some of us svs and pvp and do nothing else because were not playing against a dumb AI were playing with people who can think and for us i think we need those higher lvl more powerful ships however even with the higher lvl ships it will still be easy (i have taken on a fleet alone with me and a friend and that may be the only challenge in the game only one of these ships is easy to take down) so what they need to do is add better rewards for the higher lvl players and harder enemies for us to face not just on land but at sea to and the QAR is a joke so now lets be honest besides el patrons lost weapons and ravens cove what is something that they have done that was good (el patrons weapons took part in ruining the game too by making it too easy but it was a good update)

as for the question as stated in the begining why would they make such a huge ship available to basic players who dont pay i would rather not see a lvl 1-12 own a sotl i mean if they cant get a war frigate why should they get better plus i think there needs to be a lvl 30 sailing lvl cap on it 25-30 would work for me actually and let us not forget they have to make money too not only to make the game better but to get on with their lives

I think if they release the Ship of the Line they should make it like it really is. The ones they have on the game are not real Ship of the Lines. Real Ship of the Lines have many more Broadsides and on deck cannons. They had about three to four below decks full of cannons. Don't believe me watch Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Lord Beckett's Ship the Endeavor is a real Ship of the Line. So therefore if they will add it then they should get it right. If they make it like they already are in the game to tell you the truth I will still buy one. I just thought I would bring this up.

If they release it like that, it would be impossible to ever defeat one unless you also had one in SvS... NPCs would never stand a chance.

The game is already too easy. I understand the desire for realism but game play needs to remain balanced.
Of course they would have to add some of these to the game as Npcs and make them very hard to defeat so that it wouldnt be too easy. I think they should raise the easyness up I guess u could say lol.

Honestly, it will make no sense if they got the SOTL..

I mean they don't even have the complete Light Class sizes..

okayy lets try and see what disney is seeing right now..
So they have recently added the QAR, (which in my opinion is easy enough already) then they add these hunters, which are designed to single u out and chase u until they get their bounty back. Then, considering that they have just added these new updates, they probably want to take it easy, and keep players involved with these new updates that probably took them a while to do. Also, its not like POTCO is doing nothing right now, they are most likely in the process of designing new updates. And, the staff at POTCO is constantly looking for bugs and glitches to eliminate to make the game more enjoyable. So I personally am going to live in the moment and try to enjoy these two major additions to the game.
And I mean, the game is FAR from realistic (i mean look at our ships already), so that whole thing is just obsolete - BUT, heres ur fact for the day.... Talking about being unrealistic, i found several sites stating that a typical pirate didn't use SOTL, they would be more likely to use something along the lines of a sloop.

ok now heres the thing disney doesnt rly care alot about this game they just want to keep it running so the team for potco is not very big (in mmo standards) they just put out the ocasional update so ppl dont get bored and quit so they prob do put in alot of work but again disney has other things to worry about so these guys dont update things much and if they do its mostly just bug and glitch fix so when u hear a rumor dont believe it sotl will NOT come out this month i am sure of it

ok now heres the thing disney doesnt rly care alot about this game they just want to keep it running so the team for potco is not very big (in mmo standards) they just put out the ocasional update so ppl dont get bored and quit so they prob do put in alot of work but again disney has other things to worry about so these guys dont update things much and if they do its mostly just bug and glitch fix so when u hear a rumor dont believe it sotl will NOT come out this month i am sure of it

:iagree:

i think when they release ship of the line they will enable light frigate to the basic. And if they release ship of the line with other ships for example :EITC warlord spanish and french skeleton ships they will enable all (light and normal ship types) to basic because than it will be double more ships to choose to purchase. one mor think : I DONT SAY THIS BECAUSE IM BASIC LOL :):)

Disney has to get more strict for what they let basic access people do. lower the uses things basic access members can do it'll make them want it and go unlimited.. and then disney will be happy and put more stuff :D
Ben Ship of the Line actually will have more people to be able to fit. Because when it was accidently released to test it was not finished yet. There are not just 8 cannons on the main deck. There are alot more than that. In the Phase Files they show the ship with alot more on deck cannons so yeah

Ben Ship of the Line actually will have more people to be able to fit. Because when it was accidently released to test it was not finished yet. There are not just 8 cannons on the main deck. There are alot more than that. In the Phase Files they show the ship with alot more on deck cannons so yeah

Only 12 people can be in a crew currently. Additionally, I wish people would stop referencing the phase files as a strong indicator of what's to come in the game.

Back