Discussion Ship Upgrades

2314f2f008dd65532169e94a725cbad6.png

d95ffc8d75ecadefeb24e3c43416ddc3.jpg

@WilyJaymes After double checking, I ended up finding that they are in-fact both armed with 12 broadside cannons per side.

Oh, well that is interesting. Looks like the only downside of Brigs is slightly less armor and narrower broadside lock on than Frigates. It's one overpowered son of a squid.

I thought the 24 listed in game was incorrect, and it's actually 22.

Do you mean the shipwright or your "Ships" page? It used to say 22 at the shipwright, but perhaps that's been corrected, I can't check because my ship slots are full. My "Ships" page says 24, I'm not sure if it's always been like that or if it used to say 22 as well and has since been fixed.

Either way, the correct amount is 24.

Looks like the only downside of Brigs is slightly less armor and narrower broadside lock on than Frigates.

Interesting, I use both and I actually noticed the opposite, the war frigate seems to have narrower targeting in my experience.

The firing angles may be the same, and any accounts of a difference are merely anecdotal. From what I remember, Brigs were quite infamous for missing broadsides. I noticed it as well, but it's possible my brain was just experiencing confirmation bias.

Back