Ships....and their meaning (to me)

Light Sloop: Do NOT underestimate this ship! VERY small target vs bigger ships and if there was two fury cannoneers and a really good helmsman, this thing could take on a Juggernaut! ;)

Light Galleon: Lots of fun memories with this ship when i was a basic account, but i'd rather save up for the bigger ships.

Light Frigate: Not much experience with this one; i skipped right over it (especially when you could not even get this at a basic account at the time i was playing)

Sloop: I would rather save up for the War Sloop, much better deal; BUT that is just my opinion.

Galleon: Again, lots of fun memories with this when i first got my subscription. DEFINITELY would save up for a Galleon than buy a light Frigate. Bigger space, more plunder to be had!

Frigate: Had fun with friends on this ship once i got the subscription, made you feel powerful as a lower level.

War Sloop: Speed is Key! Primarily used this ship to get around fast and was a beautiful SvS ship!

War Galleon: Best ship for plunder! So fun to use and made you feel like a giant wall full of cannons. Would not recommend for SvS though; you are a HUGE target and almost zero chance of escape.

War Frigate: Had the best memories with this ship when i was with the guild. Just destroyed EITC, Navy, and Undead when we were doing ship raids.

Light, Regular, and War Brigs: NO COMMENT (I didn't know they existed until recently xD)

Just my view of the separate ship classifications;

Light - Weakest in combat but fast and very cheap. Captains of light ships may have the courage of a lion and try attacking a much larger ship, with sometimes surprising results.

(No prefix) - A decent balance between Light ships and Warships in both cost and power.

War - Built for battle, slower and much more expensive than Light or Regular ships, but they will ruin the day of anyone on the wrong side of her broadsides .

Sloops- Focus on speed and maneuverability over anything else, cheapest of all the ship classes.

Galleons- Focus on survivability and cargo capacity above all else. My personal favorite, due to the Galleons being, in all essence, a floating wall of broadside cannons and armor.

Frigates- Focus on damage and combat with a crew onboard over all else. An old favorite of many veteran POTCO players.

Brigs- Blends the best of the others into a single ship, and is second best at basically everything, also is the most expensive of all ships in its class.

Your Ship- The most feared and respected ship in the entire Caribbean! Next to the Flying Dutchman that is... and the HMS Endeavor... and the Pearl...

Last edited:
Back