Should Disney just give up on pirates online?

Should Disney give up on pirates online?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davy SquidFitte

Wanted Pirate
So far alot of people have been displease with potco. I mean lets face it ever body wants all this new stuff. And alot of ppl have quit just this month. Let alone just last year alot have quit to and year before that and year before that. My point is should disney keep pirates online running still? I have met tons of friends playing other games and those games quit because of updates. This may happen to us. If you think they should give up pirates thats fine. But if not i want u to go to send feedback and really tell pirates to do some thing about it. Because we all may look back on this and say wow pirates could of really done some thing about it. Who knows what could happen to this game in a couple of years from now? Or maybe a few months a week any thing. So far pirates have done a really bad job. So i want u not only vote on this. I want u to tell pirates online some feedback.
screenshot_2012-01-12_19-20-28.jpg

Now, while I don't agree with Disney giving up on POTCO, I did hear a "nasty" rumor from a close friend of mine on the game (whom heard it from a 'mutual' friend) that POTCO was ending in 2013.

As I said, this is just a rumor ONLY but...such news does make me want to ask this mutual friend I mentioned exactly why she feels this way.

*Really though...how could anyone be able to predict Disney's future plans for POTCO unless they themselves hear about it from a credible source.

I wouldn't want it to just end like that. I hope they would actually take time, to do things to improve, and make the game better in general. The Disney Online branch has seen some big budget cuts, making them have to give us what they can make with the money they have. This game could go places, if they get the right support, or it could eventually burn out. As for a suggestion, having been said before by a fellow member, they could simply close the game for said period of time, and tell us what to expect when they Re-Open. Online games are expensive to maintain, and make. Also, the crowd the game attracts is impatient, and not willing to wait for what they want. (For example; Ship Customization) We also need to realize, Disney is funding multiple Online Games. While all these other advanced game, have their own funding to use as they please. In conclusion something, anything, needs to be done, to draw peoples eye to the game.

If potco went away i wasted my entire summer addicted to this game..... PLS NEVER LEAVE POTCO!!!!!!!!!
does disney ever delete games like potco? hmm...

If potco went away i wasted my entire summer addicted to this game..... PLS NEVER LEAVE POTCO!!!!!!!!!
does disney ever delete games like potco? hmm...
Im not sure Disney have but i have heard other games.

Disney has closed Virtual Magic Kingdom. (VMK) But it was many years ago.
On May 21, 2008, the Virtual Magic Kingdom game was closed by Disney. Many fans asked Disney if VMK was going to reopen. This prompted Disney to post a message on the VMK homepage that the game was a promotion, and was closed, and that there were "no plans" to reopen VMK in any form.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Magic_Kingdom

i feel like everyone is hating on disney right now... lol
nah i dont think they should cuz 1. i have a lot of friends on the game and 2. it brings in money for them (not sure if it costs them more to update it to keep players satisfied...)

Did u play it? If u did was it cancel of money or lack of updates?
I did not play it, but Disney released a statement that said the game was only a 'Promotion.' Thus it was closed due to Disney's consent. It was not a money, or update issue. (Off topic :oops:)

I was wondering if pirates was having same issues with VMK. Because this same problem could happen with other games say as Toontown.

I don't think POTCO should close but i do believe it needs to get better. They need to go back to the "blueprints" of the game. I personally think POTCO has been going down over the years... Maybe because i have seen way to many friends whom i used to play quit. But POTCO has so much POTENTIAL that is not being put to use. Back to the blueprints- They need to fix the game technologically first so they can advance in with content without having to suffer from major side effects.

i feel like everyone is hating on disney right now... lol
nah i dont think they should cuz 1. i have a lot of friends on the game and 2. it brings in money for them (not sure if it costs them more to update it to keep players satisfied...)
Maybe this is the right time that Disney or specifically the Pirates online Developers should start to rethink their decision making and begin by doing whats right for the game. We are their customers and our feed back should be a priority to them. The game can can be better and so they should make it better by starting at the software and ending with content.

I as well think that my friends that i made along the way are probably the main reason why i continue to play(the few that still play). But at the same time, i have seen tens of friends quit since i started... So now i do question myself how long will i keep going...

As for the cost, i have said this somewhere already. The game is supposed to fund, pay the workers and profit the owner. If somehow it is not doing this, than it would had to close already. But the main thing is, If POTCO becomes better, than money would come in faster to them and the game could thrive afterwards.

I'm sorry, but I'm sad this is even up for discussion here on our Potco Forum. :(
Talking about lag and DCs and glitches IS ALL OK, those are ongoing problems Disney must be working on.
But please, don't ask us if Disney should give up on a game that we all like, love or are addicted to.
As far as a rumor of Pirates ending, I really don't think that they would pro-ject out into the future that they were going to end, and then keep adding game content for us.
Keep Happy thoughts people.. they will fix the problems, We will all be just fiiiiine. :D :D :D :D :D

I say NOO it shouldnt be closed
and I think ppl shouldnt complain too much.
I played VMK, I only got to play it a few months before it closed and I think
maybe it was cause they had ALOT of ppl complaining to them cause of
a rly big quest they had that was actually kind of a not fair quest and ppl
were quitting and calling Disney complaining. Then all of a sudden they
announced they were closing it saying it was just a promotion but then
they released a huge amount of new stuff just before it closed. I dont
rly think they were planning on closing it when they did. So maybe ppl
shouldnt complain so much ):

I'm sorry, but I'm sad this is even up for discussion here on our Potco Forum. :(
Talking about lag and DCs and glitches IS ALL OK, those are ongoing problems Disney must be working on.
But please, don't ask us if Disney should give up on a game that we all like, love or are addicted to.
As far as a rumor of Pirates ending, I really don't think that they would pro-ject out into the future that they were going to end, and then keep adding game content for us.
Keep Happy thoughts people.. they will fix the problems, We will all be just fiiiiine. :D :D :D :D :D
Freedom to discussion lol and it's a vote. No one has has even voted yes and it is an opinionated decision mate.

You know i would of said something like that 2 years ago. Even in this forum there was sometimes that i used to defend 'Disney'. But then i realized that about every decision they make is similar and has no logical improvement in it. But keeping low expectations for POTCO is like telling the developers sit down and watch the show crash. I would say that in time they would fix the problems but as yearS passed, it came to be a disappointing support. History keeps getting worse in POTCO so do you think saying that POTCO is working on lag, bugs, content... and in time all will be good is a realistic statement? As much i would hope it true, it doesn't look realistic and even if it will be an achieved goal, not any time soon.( Not any time soon = 1 year or more)

Those 'complaining' are not doing so to see POTCO close down but to see the game we all love become better that it is. People fight more for what they love than hate.

Freedom to discussion lol and it's a vote. No one has has even voted yes and it is an opinionated decision mate.

You know i would of said something like that 2 years ago. Even in this forum there was sometimes that i used to defend 'Disney'. But then i realized that about every decision they make is similar and has no logical improvement in it. But keeping low expectations for POTCO is like telling the developers sit down and watch the show crash. I would say that in time they would fix the problems but as yearS passed, it came to be a disappointing support. History keeps getting worse in POTCO so do you think saying that POTCO is working on lag, bugs, content... and in time all will be good is a realistic statement? As much i would hope it true, it doesn't look realistic and even if it will be an achieved goal, not any time soon.( Not any time soon = 1 year or more)

Those 'complaining' are not doing so to see POTCO close down but to see the game we all love become better that it is. People fight more for what they love than hate.

Hmmm All I said was that I was sad that anyone here would even Ask if Disney should throw in the towel on Pirates. People can complain All they want here, I complain too. :mad:

I do hope this game thrives. Already, two Disney games aren't being successful. If any of you have heard, World of Cars is also closing in February. (Though I'm not entirely surprised. The movie wasn't that good so I guess it didn't attract much people.)

What this game needs is more bug fixes. The sooner fixed, the more the content can be fun for everyone. Disney can't have a buggy game with large content. Just like anything in POTCO, every time they release an update, a new bug comes with it. What I say is that if Disney listens to players, they can find out what the people want for content. I just wish Disney would focus more on the bugs, though. I don't mind new content, but honestly there are bugs that should've been fixed a long time ago like...

-Swift Foot Glitch (do we really need to mention this one?)

-PvP Glitch

-"God" Glitch (don't know if it's really fixed yet)

I could list a lot more, but you get my point. Like Leo said, we need to give feedback to the developers for the game's greater good. Fun or not, glitches aren't supposed to happen. I'm pretty sure jumping into thin air over Jack Sparrow wasn't meant to be implemented into the game. This game can survive if it releases its full potential. There's only two key ingredients it needs: The players' feedback and the game developers. The developers need to listen to what we want, not what they THINK we want. Do all of this, and this game can be the best anyone can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back