Should Disney Keep Removing Servers With Maintenance?

James O'martin

Pirate Lord
I read on another potco fansite that Disney removed some more servers today while doing maintenance on the live game. So, my question is: Should Disney keep removing servers to "reduce" lag or is there another easier way to reduce lag? Also, Wouldn't taking away servers add lag if more people join potco? I'm just curious here because sometimes I like doing solo-invasions and questing alone or with a friend or two on a quiet server e.t.c.
fight.gif

Then I don't understand it why they take away servers/oceans. I went on Live Chat awhile back when they removed my favorite "old" ocean/server Cortilles, and the Live Chat person said something like they're gone for "good/forever" unless they decide to bring them back. Again, I personally think that this will "cram/force" people onto Ideal Servers, which in turn will "promote/add" lag to the game.
fight.gif

disney needs to use there common sense. i like to solo dark hart but its impossible to find a good server

Then I don't understand it why they take away servers/oceans. I went on Live Chat awhile back when they removed my favorite "old" ocean/server Cortilles, and the Live Chat person said something like they're gone for "good/forever" unless they decide to bring them back. Again, I personally think that this will "cram/force" people onto Ideal Servers, which in turn will "promote/add" lag to the game. :fight:
It's almost certainly for economical reasons.
I don't find "ideal" servers to be laggy, the game performs pretty well on them. I just prefer being able to go to certain places knowing that no one else will be there, which is why it's annoying.. but it's a $10/month game so eh.

It's almost certainly for economical reasons.
I don't find "ideal" servers to be laggy, the game performs pretty well on them. I just prefer being able to go to certain places knowing that no one else will be there, which is why it's annoying.. but it's a $10/month game so eh.

how would disney save money by taking away servers?

how would disney save money by taking away servers?
Servers fail, hardware must be replaced/upgraded to keep performing optimally, costs of operation (electricity, etc), as well as having all the servers patched for updates.. it adds up I'm sure.

I don't know but if they're using their money to make new content. I'm fine with it but not totally fine with it, for example: I still want servers to experience the new content on such as a quiet server with Raven's Cove e.t.c. But I agree with you Davy, I like to quest/level/loot alone or with friends. But that's it. I don't mind if one or two people are running around the same place as you but if they're not helping you then thats when I don't like it.
pirate.smile.gif
fight.gif

There are now 26 servers. It took me 6 tries to find an empty DarkHart. And within 10 minutes, it was crowded. And not with guild members either. I have already written to them to express my concerns/opinion. No idea what they are thinking (other than what was mentioned above).

I like having more servers... More peace and quiet, and you can sometimes even get a whole area to yourself, like Tormenta or Darkhart. I think this will force people into servers, and not having it all spread out like it used to be.

Even if they did, ppl would still be trying to get in the First server. Not so sure why everyone wants to be there though.
Its exactly like ToonTown. Nutty River is always busy, you have to know someone to tp to to get in there its so bad. Its just a place where everyone can go hang out.

Its exactly like ToonTown. Nutty River is always busy, you have to know someone to tp to to get in there its so bad. Its just a place where everyone can go hang out.

I remember playing ToonTown a few years ago. I stopped because it seemed, ~sigh~ just to happy! lol Even when your player get defeated, he just gets sad. I want him to Die! Die I say!!
skullbones.gif

Back