Should Disney Raise The Rating Of Potco From E10+ To T For Teen?

James O'martin

Pirate Lord
I think they should because alot of things from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies need to be added to the game. I mean why not have zombies in the game not totally scary but getting there for scary? Also, anyone ever get suspended or banned (I never have) for saying "What the heck?!,crap, or darn?" Should they let us use stuff like that? :fight:

Yes I'm sick of all the kids in the game reporting you for the dumbest reasons ever. I just got reported like 5 min ago cause some kid on abassa tormenta was like no this is my spot if you attack them I'll report you. I'm gonna say this oen time if you go on Abassa the most populated server be ready to have people go in every area of that server it is not a private area. He reported like 5 people for being in tormenta treasure room.

it would improve gameplay to actually be able to be a pirate and act like one.

That is the most accurate quote I have heard in a long time
iagree.gif

They should and shouldn't lol.

Kids under 13 already have speed chat and getting reported doesn't mean ban. Plus it's not fair to not let kids play a game since thats what kids do.

Now they should because it reduces a lot of that annoying drama and childish acting. It would also create a lot of freedom for the adults(or teens) making it more fun and balanced for example when we talk to someone they would understand the point of the conversation.

The problem relies on Disney since you will get kids starting to make fake accounts and this is a family friendly game.

They should and shouldn't lol.

Kids under 13 already have speed chat and getting reported doesn't mean ban. Plus it's not fair to not let kids play a game since thats what kids do.

Now they should because it reduces a lot of that annoying drama and childish acting. It would also create a lot of freedom for the adults(or teens) making it more fun and balanced for example when we talk to someone they would understand the point.

The problem relies on Disney since you will get kids starting to make fake accounts and this is a family friendly game.

well if the parents dont keep enough supervision to know that they made an account on a game that was "innapropriate" for there age. so it would be there fault

No ones saying kids shouldn't be able to play. There more than likely going to and yes people make fake accounts all the time and that will never stop. But this is a game about pirates and you can get banned for some of the dumbest reasons. If less kids played cause the age was raised to 13 then all I can say is it's about time. Ps it's like the movies you can go to a r movie at 17 instead of 18 and to a pg 13 movie at 12 instead of 13. It should be up to your parents if you can or can't play because well if you under 18 who do you think is gonna being paying more than likely so it's not gonna hurt the parents to make their kids an account and let them use it. But the young kids ruin the game for the older players by just complaining about everything. This is a game were you kill stuff on a daily basis it should already be a pg13 game I mean the movie is so why shouldn't the game be.

well if the parents dont keep enough supervision to know that they made an account on a game that was "innapropriate" for there age. so it would be there fault
True it would be the parents fault but you think the parent has time to check what their child is playing or what he is doing in a game? This is 2011 lol and immaturity has increased dramatically over time

True it would be the parents fault but you think the parent has time to check what their child is playing or what he is doing in a game?

its almost kinda obvious if ur kid is on an online game

i mean just watch movie one and look at tortuga. its full of people who are drinking and violence and more drinking. well... its PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN. not lets keep it clean cause everyones a prep. if you look at those adds on the potco website it clearly says lawlessness, mayhem. then in the rating it says ALCOHOL reference. so here is my point. it should be a teen/adult game. not a family game. do i have anyone who agrees?
EDIT (Feb 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM):
If a parent can't watch what their kids are doing then they need serious help.

agreed

If a parent can't watch what their kids are doing then someone needs to call child services on them.
Alright, I'm talking about the topic regarding Pirates Online and what i meant is that a parent isn't gonna pay attention to a game that is being played by their kids especially when we are talking about Disney which is noticed for their child fun stuff. I'm not trying to argue you points, they are great points but i'm just being realistic from a Disney, parent and kid perspective.

but what if disney sold it to someone to make it a better game
EDIT (Feb 8, 2011 at 8:50 PM):
like the ppl who made grand theft auto. lol

Reactions: LEO
Ya disney should sell the rights to potco and potc to someone who can actually make it more fun lately the game feels boring to me.

I feel fake when I talk in potco. Cause I have to censor myself it's like in real life when I'm mad I don't censor myself by saying kiddy stuff I would be real and say what's on my mind. There is nothing wrong with cursing there shouldn't even be bad words other than racist words. Idk who complained about words like darn and made it into a bad word, but no word should be bad it's just part of our language.

Back